Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

3 hours ago, Theyellowbox said:

Has there been any noise about potential new owners?

As it stands, we are looking like Geoff stepping back into the chairmanship in a few months.

The P&B conglomerate has failed to raise enough funds, tight b*****ds. I'd like to thank those that offered various services, from washing the first teams shorts, sniffing the boots, painting the lines, but only on the 3rd Monday of every month to someone actually wanting to use their expertise as CEO of a worldwide company to front our bid.

I'll leave you to guess which posters offered to do what.

3 hours ago, Theyellowbox said:

Has there been any noise about potential new owners?

As it stands, we are looking like Geoff stepping back into the chairmanship in a few months.

Ewan McGregor and Alan Cummings?

You can guess what I've been watching recently! Wrexham!!!

29 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

On a St Johnstone Football Club level, no.

On a Geoff Browns health level, yes.

That’s what I was thinking, surely Geoff’s health isn’t up to this for any length of time, and it would make more sense for Steve to keep control until a buyer is found? 

1 hour ago, PSJ.84 said:

O’Halloran to Partick?

Aye see them claiming McCall had agreed that deal before he was punted.

Unsure thatll still happen as the new man might not have suchna fetish for former Rangers players.

Of all the players needing moved out, hes the one im least bothered about getting game time. Quite incredible they still havent got a loan move for Max whos surely been getting offered out for one since about October. 

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Aye see them claiming McCall had agreed that deal before he was punted.

Unsure thatll still happen as the new man might not have suchna fetish for former Rangers players.

Of all the players needing moved out, hes the one im least bothered about getting game time. Quite incredible they still havent got a loan move for Max whos surely been getting offered out for one since about October. 

Bit of a catch 22 with Max I think with the Championship. The teams at the top are unlikely to want to change their teams and give an inexperienced youngster game time, whereas the teams fighting relegation tend to want older heads and experience. 

He needs to get out on loan, even if it's League 1 for 6 months, it's better than getting splinters. 

12 minutes ago, Widge said:

Bit of a catch 22 with Max I think with the Championship. The teams at the top are unlikely to want to change their teams and give an inexperienced youngster game time, whereas the teams fighting relegation tend to want older heads and experience. 

He needs to get out on loan, even if it's League 1 for 6 months, it's better than getting splinters. 

Think Falkirk a decent shout?

Had signed Meekison from United in January whos now injured, fairly sure they play similar positions.

24 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Think Falkirk a decent shout?

Had signed Meekison from United in January whos now injured, fairly sure they play similar positions.

Depends how good the boy is?

We had until Archies injury, him Nesbitt and Lawal competing for that 10 role, and you could maybe even put Gary Oliver in that mix too. 

Meekison based on reputation was probably looking at being good enough to cement the role for himself. 

But Nesbitt has been very good for a few months now, and Ola Lawal, whilst slightly raw (game time curtailed a wee bit as a result) is a hugely effective player going forward. 

Even we in our lowly position have pretty solid competition for that role and would be in no position to make any promises re game time. So if your management team are wanting to find a level where hel be guaranteed time, he'd genuinely have to be a pretty good player to get it with us. 

14 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Depends how good the boy is?

Thats what we need to figure out.

Was apparently great for Kelty last season so a step up to League One would be a logical enough step. Think the hopes were he could get a Championship club though.

5 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Thats what we need to figure out.

Was apparently great for Kelty last season so a step up to League One would be a logical enough step. Think the hopes were he could get a Championship club though.

I'd be happy to take a gamble in the position, but as is being discussed currently on out thread, affordability might be an issue when we are going to be paying for Meekison regardless. 

Let's see how tonight goes.... I imagine that might determine whether we dip into the market or not.