Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

6 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Wasn't at the meeting so can't possibly pass comment but "why does the scoreboard say Saints rather than the full name"

"Why aren't all the seats blue?"

https://www.perthstjohnstonefc.co.uk/news/article/st-johnstone-fans-forum-open-meeting-13-february-2023

The scoreboard question was from a lad with special needs. 

It was made pretty clear that actual comments about the playing side was off limits. Gus MacPherson refused to participate despite being asked to by Flaherty. 

So it was basically 90minutes of moaning about tickets and the OF getting the blame for all that's wrong with Scottish football.

13 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Wasn't at the meeting so can't possibly pass comment but "why does the scoreboard say Saints rather than the full name"

https://www.perthstjohnstonefc.co.uk/news/article/st-johnstone-fans-forum-open-meeting-13-february-2023

I'd say which the actual questions can be fairly easily explained, it does elude to a bit of a concern though, in that the stadium is starting to show its age and things like the seats and general infrastructure will need looked at sooner rather than later. 

6 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

My particular highlight of the minutes is the explanation of why there wasn't a cup double celebration. 

Outside catering and needing to hire someplace? Embarrassing. 

It would cost £6-7K for the concert hall and they'd still have to pay for catering. 

They should let Bev the SLO run everything because she seems like she actually gives a f**k.

18 minutes ago, The Saintee said:

It would cost £6-7K for the concert hall and they'd still have to pay for catering. 

They should let Bev the SLO run everything because she seems like she actually gives a f**k.

So basically winning a double isn't worth 10-20 grand? Even if money was the issue, St Johnstone FC have one of the biggest skelps of spare, open land in Perth. They couldn't be arsed because they take it all for granted. A couple of licenses from the council a stage erected in front of the Ormond, a few marquees over at the away bus parking selling refreshments, hire a few bands, invite former staff/players and it would've been a day folk would talk about for years. Instead we got Roddy explaining it costs a bit to hire a pishy wee room in the concert hall. They're just so fucking insular, amateur and fucking useless.

I don't understand the explanation for the Celtic ticket stuff.

Reads like theyre saying they cant get away with offering incentives to cheat it so home fans get lower tickets than away, but thats not what they tried. They just outright had different prices. 

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I don't understand the explanation for the Celtic ticket stuff.

Reads like theyre saying they cant get away with offering incentives to cheat it so home fans get lower tickets than away, but thats not what they tried. They just outright had different prices. 

They fucked up because they didn't know what they were doing until it was pointed out by Celtic. Essentially they didn't know the rules for ticketing prices and what you can and can't do.

They'd sold 41 tickets already seemingly.

Additionally 38% of ST holders don't attend OF matches.

15 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

So basically winning a double isn't worth 10-20 grand? Even if money was the issue, St Johnstone FC have one of the biggest skelps of spare, open land in Perth. They couldn't be arsed because they take it all for granted. A couple of licenses from the council a stage erected in front of the Ormond, a few marquees over at the away bus parking selling refreshments, hire a few bands, invite former staff/players and it would've been a day folk would talk about for years. Instead we got Roddy explaining it costs a bit to hire a pishy wee room in the concert hall. They're just so fucking insular, amateur and fucking useless.

Amateurish is being kind tbh. 

We're getting better internet though.

1 hour ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

That guy has MH issues mate 

Agree with Tam. That still annoys me. The big fuss for fans to stick by the club and retain season tickets during the covid season watching on tv for the same price as being there.

Around 9000 at both the Galatasary and Lask games and we couldn’t even manage to do a lap with the cups. Most of the squad have left now but the fact we couldn’t get to celebrate the greatest achievement in our history is poor.

Regarding the Celtic ticket stuff, I wonder if we’ve fucked it for ourselves in future by  making such an arse of it and drawing attention to it.  For years we’ve charged the OF top dolla whilst our fans can get in cheaper if ticket is bought by a ST holder, which seems a fair way of doing things.  Are they saying we can’t do that anymore?

1 hour ago, tree house tam said:

My particular highlight of the minutes is the explanation of why there wasn't a cup double celebration. 

Outside catering and needing to hire someplace? Embarrassing. 

That was explained 

The Club are keen to have several Dinner type functions but because The concert hall and Dewars don't now have internet catering you have to supply everything yourself right down to cutlery

The concert Hall want 7,000 for an empty shell. 

Having a Marquis type thing on Astro was mentioned

2 minutes ago, THE FAT MAN said:

That was explained 

The Club are keen to have several Dinner type functions but because The concert hall and Dewars don't now have internet catering you have to supply everything yourself right down to cutlery

The concert Hall want 7,000 for an empty shell. 

Having a Marquis type thing on Astro was mentioned

And the COVID years made it well on impossible

I know you won't agree but so be it 

5 minutes ago, THE FAT MAN said:

Of course I won't agree,  as Random says we still had basically the same squad and sold out Mcdiarmid then just about did the same again against LASK. That something wasn't done around then is criminal, they only had a walk about at a covid restricted friendly with about a thousand fans for fucks sake. The squad has been dismantled now so it matters not a jot about shitey dinners with wee Broon, flax and their pals. It's a piss take for the normal fans with families who go to games. 

24 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Regarding the Celtic ticket stuff, I wonder if we’ve fucked it for ourselves in future by  making such an arse of it and drawing attention to it.  For years we’ve charged the OF top dolla whilst our fans can get in cheaper if ticket is bought by a ST holder, which seems a fair way of doing things.  Are they saying we can’t do that anymore?

Sounds like it, and sounds like other clubs have now been caught trying similar incentives for home fans and have had to stop too.

Surprised the club are even bothering trying to arrange double celebrations now, I think it's completely pointless. They've well and truly missed the boat and it just feels like an empty gesture. It's criminal that nothing was done at the time and no excuses will wash with me. It should have been the top priorities after the win to arrange something, literally anything, to give the supporters and players the opportunity to celebrate together with the trophies.

Those minutes are ridiculous.  There is a complete lack of detail.  As an example -  "Roddy explained problems other clubs are having with this"  What problems?  How do they relate to Saints?  Like much of what was actually said we just come across as incredibly amateurish.  We can't have a double winning celebration because the concert hall won't lay on a few sandwiches?  Come on tae f**k.

30 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

Surprised the club are even bothering trying to arrange double celebrations now, I think it's completely pointless. They've well and truly missed the boat and it just feels like an empty gesture. It's criminal that nothing was done at the time and no excuses will wash with me. It should have been the top priorities after the win to arrange something, literally anything, to give the supporters and players the opportunity to celebrate together with the trophies.

I think it would be frankly embarrassing to try and do something now. What, we go and ask the current holders if we can borrow the cups for the day and stick blue ribbons on them? The club missed the boat.

The only things that will happen now are some dinners etc for those close to the club and inevitable gatherings of the squad in future years.

Wasn't there, but was it really explained what fans were consulted prior to the rangers game and whether the club did anything to try and correct it?

It will leave a bitter taste for many for a lomg time to come.