Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

15 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

McLennans been sort of there. Hes very similar to O'Halloran in that you play him as a winger or you accept yes doing nothing. He probably needs a Championship move where he plays every week. 

Think MOH chucked it a while back, tbh. Hearts not in it anymore. 

Gilmour might depend on his injury. He might get a deal so hes not just dumped. If hes fit then no deal.

No way should Saints be offering Gilmour a deal, injured or not.  We're not a charity. Players will have insurance for injuries. 

4 hours ago, tree house tam said:

Are you mad Paulo? Crawford and MOH being brought on to be invisible in the second half of this season was exactly not what we needed. It tells you all you need to know about these players that they're currently being ridiculed by Cove and Morton fans. It also tells us how out of their depth Flax and Davidson were by giving them long term deals. 

Make no bones about it Flax has done just as much damage by aiding and abetting Davidson and is very very lucky that bulletproof has given up. If Roddy could turn on a PC I reckon he'd be running the show just as well as Flax.

Not much of a choice, but I’m not sure they offer any less than Bair, Maclennan and Rudden.

The three of them have less than 5 goals between them.

20 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

Not much of a choice, but I’m not sure they offer any less than Bair, Maclennan and Rudden.

The three of them have less than 5 goals between them.

It’s this kind of conversation that highlights just how shocking the squad is. You could release about 12 and recruit no one and the squad wouldn’t be any weaker. Ludicrously bad management from Davidson and perplexing that he was allowed to do it.

Yes the time to strengthen was the summer after the double with big European games ahead. We must have been an attractive prospect and surely could have added quality in attacking areas especially.

Instead we left it, and ever since then our stock has steadily declined and we’ve had to pay over the odds for players that were generally not as good.

5 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Saints are showing the Coronation in tbr Muirton Suite. I'll go to tht Tulloch I think. 

What chance of a coronation free few days? I failed as my daughter sent me a photo off the tv.

9 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Saints are showing the Coronation in tbr Muirton Suite. I'll go to tht Tulloch I think. 

Just wait until GSTK comes on before the game 🤣

Edited by PSJ.84

45 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Yes the time to strengthen was the summer after the double with big European games ahead. We must have been an attractive prospect and surely could have added quality in attacking areas especially.

Instead we left it, and ever since then our stock has steadily declined and we’ve had to pay over the odds for players that were generally not as good.

Yep.They do not learn from previous mistakes. 

27 minutes ago, PSJ.84 said:

Prince became King. 

54270AD4-C8B9-4523-9415-32FB330C7D8F.jpeg

That whole celebration was great, from the whole team.

Maybe seeing Davidson sacked was a wake up call for a few, but the performances since have shown togetherness again. Maybe its just more belief in what we're doing again whereas theyd lost faith in Davidson?

_129621671_20750117.jpg.cc4b402d1e495d4bec0ede8e7e54874c.jpg

21 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

The sour grapes online really is something else. 

When do United get their selling their allocation in half an hour trophy? Odd hill to die on. Quite a few empty seats in the Main stand also...

Fingers crossed they go down 🤞

24 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Maybe seeing Davidson sacked was a wake up call for a few, but the performances since have shown togetherness again. Maybe its just more belief in what we're doing again whereas theyd lost faith in Davidson?

Or maybe it's just letting the players play in positions and a shape they're comfortable in.

30 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Or maybe it's just letting the players play in positions and a shape they're comfortable in.

This is likely it, aye, but ties in to the 2nd point.

Is someone like Carey going to play better now hes being play a way that suits him?

59 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Goal aside I thought he was absolutely immense today. (Selfishly) Maybe a slight shame that he didn’t score down the score board end