Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

I know that hindsight is a wonderful thing but I can’t but feel Ross Sinclair will leave and prove to be a much better goalkeeper than anyone else you’ll bring in over the next 5 years or so.

2 minutes ago, Aidan said:

I know that hindsight is a wonderful thing but I can’t but feel Ross Sinclair will leave and prove to be a much better goalkeeper than anyone else you’ll bring in over the next 5 years or so.

Fingers crossed, that’s the plan; however we saw last year with United how not having a good goalkeeper is an issue. Sinclair is still really young for a keeper and he only has to look at what happened with Clark to know he’ll get a chance. Even if we do sign a keeper on a 2 year deal who pushes and makes Sinclair a better player by forcing him to up his game, he’d still only be 24/25 at the end of that period and then you’re into the start of your career as a keeper. But if he’s good enough he’ll play it’s as simple as that. 

Was there not a comment at the last forum (before last night) that Sinclair was the only one who had been offered a new contract until our top flight status was confirmed. 

That’s a good 3 months or so ago now, so maybe this is planning for the future as Ross has either indicated he’s not going to sugn another contract, or dragged his feet too long? 

just speculating mind 

18 minutes ago, PSJ.84 said:

Prone to errors from crosses sound like potential hilarity, but nothing can beat the halfwit that played in goals for Dundee United last year.

Edited by Savage Henry

34 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Team looks a bit more like it tonight. Not enough for a top 6 finish you imagine but if you could keep them fit and in form it would do alright? 

All big ifs!

It probably wouldnt be the worst starting 11 in the league as it stands, but theres so many unknowns its hard to tell.

Sinclair, Gallacher, Ballantyne, and Max all looked fine in flashes, but we dont know what will happen (either way) if theyre playing 30+ games.

Aye MacPhersons having a stinker, his overall passing has been awful even ignoring set plays. 

Can see why MacLean likes Ballantyne with how he wants to play. Such a shame a year of his career was wasted.

I know I'll be hounded out of here for this take but I can't fathom how Stevie May's still a premiership striker.

Obviously just preseason but if tonight's starting line up is close to what you'll be starting with in the premiership you'll be struggling.

7 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

I know I'll be hounded out of here for this take but I can't fathom how Stevie May's still a premiership striker.

Obviously just preseason but if tonight's starting line up is close to what you'll be starting with in the premiership you'll be struggling.

He goes through spells (like tonight) where he doesn't look up to it any more, then hits a patch of form where he's a real asset. He's a confidence player, and  I don't think playing as a lone striker helps him either  

Edited by Kyle

11 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

9 goals and 7 assists in the league last season, tbf.

Hes not a lone striker unless you get players close to him, as hes prone to avoiding anything physical. General thoughts are he'll end up playing off one of Nicky Clark or Chris Kane if either of them are ever fit again.

21 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

He’s pish the majority of the time, but seems to produce wee spells where he gets a run of goals that keeps him in a job. 

Young lads really are impressing every time they get a chance in pre-season.

Hadnt really been aware of McCrystal before this Summer but he looks a great prospect.