Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

32 minutes ago, PSJ.84 said:

Wore the red and white in all three games last season, but aye generally chucked on one of the yellow kits. Think you’re right about that being the one with the sponsor. 

As an aside, just seen the smoke bomb tweet you’re on about - he’s a perennial moaner. Most recent one was a good bite at the club’s official twitter not replying to him. 

Stan replied 😂

Why is Alfie so upset about everything?

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe

1 minute ago, 1985Saint said:

Anyone else think AlfieVille is actually @FrankChickens1?

"The secret ingredient is always cheese." - Anon

I always thought it was @7-2, tbh, but i cant remember why.

1 minute ago, The Real Saints said:

AlfieVille complains about everything, so there have naturally been one or two occasions where I've found myself thinking 'Maybe he's got a point, you know'. However, those points are never taken seriously because he complains about everything.

Seeing this was enough for me to put his tweets on ignore.

Screenshot_20230720_123844_Twitter.thumb.jpg.f6b245043904c0cf3cfd54fc5f5f7198.jpg

I have an Ipswich-supporting friend. Asked him about Elkan Baggot and the response was very positive, but I suppose none of that really changes the fact that a loan move seems a bit disappointing when we should be prioritising a longer-term successor for our ancient central defenders.

1 minute ago, The Real Saints said:

I have an Ipswich-supporting friend. Asked him about Elkan Baggot and the response was very positive, but I suppose none of that really changes the fact that a loan move seems a bit disappointing when we should be prioritising a longer-term successor for our ancient central defenders.

Any loan move for an unknown central defender is giving me all the Dendoncker vibes

2 minutes ago, gingermunkie said:

Is it cause of the number of VAR reds we had given to opposition just after VAR was introduced?

I think it's just another paranoid Killie fan greeting about the decisions they didn't get against Saints. 

That lot scream HANDBALL!!!!! in their sleep. 

5 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

I think it's just another paranoid Killie fan greeting about the decisions they didn't get against Saints. 

That lot scream HANDBALL!!!!! in their sleep. 

They are also raging that they were the only team that conceded a goal to Theo Bair 🤣🤣🤣

15 minutes ago, gingermunkie said:

Is it cause of the number of VAR reds we had given to opposition just after VAR was introduced?

He seems to think we wouldve lost every game to Kilmarnock last season if VAR didnt get involved. 

New away kit is one which I think will look better not as a full kit, I.e fans wearing it and would have been better with blue shorts. Still though, better than many we have had, 7/10 for me. 

Always think away kits are fondly (or not) looked upon after the event, depending on how we do in them. For example, they light blue one was great, but better because of Liam Craig scoring in it. The white and black (invest in Perth) because of a win at Ibrox.

I think we will end up mixing an matching the home and away shorts on both kits this season, so works for that.

The non signings is starting to become a slight concern. If the striker is done then announce, but say pending clearance etc. Not sure we need an unproven CB though, think we need someone with a bit more experience there.