Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

1 hour ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

I think it's just another paranoid Killie fan greeting about the decisions they didn't get against Saints. 

That lot scream HANDBALL!!!!! in their sleep. 

There’s a case that VAR worked in our favour at McDiarmid, but the handball at Rubgy Park wasn’t given by the officials either…

Take away those 4 points we still finish 5 clear of County and 8 ahead of United. Fucking doughnut. 

Edited by PSJ.84

2 hours ago, The Saintee said:

Another day passes with no signs of any significant signings.

Mitov and Jephcott put me more at ease. There are a lot of guys in England still without clubs and, like the manager said, players that were saying no a month ago are now wanting to talk.

My hope is we can get what MacLean wants (CB, CM, CF and WM) before the league season starts, then there might be something left to look at the full back positions, especially if we can move one or two out.

Edited by Radford

2 minutes ago, gingermunkie said:

How confident are we that the Jephcott signing has actually happened/is happening?

@double deluxe is always spot on, tbf, so if hes saying hes training and the photos are all done then i think you believe it.

MacLean was on the radio today saying deals were done but its taken longer than he expected to announce them due to paperwork, so would guess thats Jephcott? Did sound like more than one signing to me though.

24 minutes ago, Radford said:

Mitov and Jephcott put me more at ease. There are a lot of guys in England still without clubs and,.like the manager said, players that were saying no a month ago and now wanting to talk.

My hope is we can get what MacLean wants (CB, CM, CF and WM) before the league season starts, then there might be something left to look at the full back positions, especially if we can move one or two out.

21 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Great result for our U18s today though, beat Rangers 3-0 with McCrystal scoring twice and Ellison once 

These two points do tie in well with what the manager has been saying. 

There isn't much point signing another Brown or Crawford type player. They might be a slight upgrade on the starting option at the moment but blocks the opportunities for the likes of McCrystal. If those young lads are looking almost as good as the squad filler player, just throw them in. If you're good enough, you're old enough.

Like Radford said, there will be good players who've not been interested in us previously due to hoping for a better offer potentially closer to home for example starting to think about that 6% mortgage and needing to find a club so wages start coming in. 

There's also those who find after pre season they're going to be out of favour and be available for loan. Like Swanson at Coventry.

19 minutes ago, gingermunkie said:

How confident are we that the Jephcott signing has actually happened/is happening?

Had started to reply but RandomGuy beat me to it. If he's been at training etc I'd imagine we're confident it's going to happen. Don't know much about the paperwork process or how it works but if there's been an error on the Plymouth side when he left or even at the FA side or our side then that could cause a delay like this. 

Just speculating though. 

If he has been training though and the paperwork comes through tomorrow at least he'll potentially be able to be involved on Saturday!

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe

4 minutes ago, The Saintee said:

Big fan of the "safe passer" trait.

Just means sideways/backwards tbf, not sure "safe" is the right word as it makes it sound like he doesn't give the ball away.

If you can think of a better description for it then let me know, as it bugs me 😂

15 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Just means sideways/backwards tbf, not sure "safe" is the right word as it makes it sound like he doesn't give the ball away.

If you can think of a better description for it then let me know, as it bugs me 😂

So he doesn’t lump it like Liam?! 

55 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I'm happy as long as he's not a bombscare like our captain is currently.

29 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Na, he just passes the buck, like Liam, but not straight to the opposition, unlike Liam.

The drop off in Liam Gordon's game in the last 18 months is phenomenal. 

It's unbelievable how he's regressed. He was an absolute rock.