Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

41 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

On what grounds do you say this?

I’m not saying you’re wrong as I genuinely don’t know, but I feel our  signings have mostly been punts on young (early 20’s) players who have very little first team experience between them.

It may turn out to be a masterstroke as we unearth a few gems, but I do have concerns that a team off to a dreadful start throwing together a load of unproven players, without a pre-season to work on them as a group, is a big ask. 

I think that even though a lot of the players are young and unproven, they give us much needed numbers. Each position has cover now, although maybe light at CB. Not saying we are good enough yet, no where near it, but we have recruited for the positions we all identified as needing covered.

What I think we need to do now is upgrade and fine tune what we do have. Start of the season we didn't have bodies, now we have them as a base, we can at least put out a side of players in correct positions. 

Our chances of survival rest entirely on how close we are to 11th by the time the winter break comes, thinking otherwise is probably just setting up for disappointment. We're the worst squad in the league on paper for me, and are heavily reliant on players who've barely played any senior football, either in their career or in the past 12+ months, being up to top flight standard. Its highly unlikely every player in those brackets will be up to it, or that they can all gel together quickly, so thats the big issue.

Its why we needed senior players who play every week like Gordon, Carey and May to step up and drag us through to the point where the others are ready to contribute, but they haven't so likely won't.

1 hour ago, The Real Saints said:

I don’t believe I’ve ever approached a Saints match with such confidence that we’ll get absolutely decimated.

28/1 on Saints winning with bet365.

I think that’s possibly the longest odds I’ve ever seen on a single Saints match.. 

Should probably be longer!!

48 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

I think that’s possibly the longest odds I’ve ever seen on a single Saints match.. 

1/25 for Celtic win, 40/1 for Saints win with skybet. Can’t recall seeing odds like that for a league match. 

www.youtube.com/@DerekTaylor84

3 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

Screenshot_20230826_021133_PaddyPower.thumb.jpg.09efced51ea3f2ebb5241ff6bff97aaf.jpg

7 minutes ago, shibbydoo said:

Does anyone have an up to date squad list going in to today's match?

I've completely lost track after a fortnight's holiday.

1. Mitov
2. Brown
3. Gallacher
4. Considine
5. McGowan
6. Gordon
7. May
8. MacPherson
9. Kane
10. Clark
11. Carey
14. Wright
15. Kucheriavyi
16. Jephcott
17. Olufunwa
18. McClelland
19. Robinson
20. Sinclair
21. Crawford
22. Smith
24. Booth
25. Ballantyne
27. Turner-Cooke
28. Ferguson (Loan at QoS)
30. Wills
31. Richards
32. Parker
33. Steven (Loan at Alloa)
34. Phillips
44. Costelloe

1 minute ago, gingermunkie said:

Not to be all Squad No.s Da but having a 44 when there’s so many lower numbers available is really annoying.

Also do we always avoid 13? No one is jumping out but I’ve not actually checked.

McGowan was 13 last season. 

14 minutes ago, PSJ.84 said:

50/1 almost feels too good to turn down, weirdly

If you feel that way you have draw no bet on Betfair exchange at 48/1.

Also 33's some places on Saints win or draw (i.e. laying the Celtic win) I've got a fiver on that.

Edited by Valentino Bolognese