Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

1 hour ago, glenrothes 1884 saint said:

Thankfully the players and back room staff didn’t have your optimism 🤢

Yes, agreed, that would have been incredibly unprofessional of them. 

I don’t think anyone deserves criticism for assuming that Saints would get comfortably beaten today. The squad is a work-in-progress, made up of very young players with limited senior appearances, and including a number of new signings who hadn’t played in a match together until today. 

Anyway, I’m sure any doubters are delighted, impressed and glad to be proven wrong. 

39 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Yeah Gordon being dropped is good. 

Club captain so shows nobody is safe, but also lifts some weight off Gordons shoulders.

Managers need to be brave and MacLean was that today, and got his reward.

Looked a change in Macca's appearance today! casually dressed instead of training ground attire?    

8 hours ago, Center half said:

Looked a change in Macca's appearance today! casually dressed instead of training ground attire?    

I hope he keeps it for the Dundee game, as im sure theres been a few managers who wear tracksuits every week until the visit the OF when the shirt comes out. Not sure i like that.

41 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I hope he keeps it for the Dundee game, as im sure theres been a few managers who wear tracksuits every week until the visit the OF when the shirt comes out. Not sure i like that.

McInnes always wore collar and tie when we visited ibrox, i always put it down as respecting his gaffer Walter in the opposing dugout but he still does it to this day

15 hours ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

An actual grown man? Allegedly. 

Funny thing is when they watch it back, he did injury himself when he landed. Although I'm sure he'll not be back to apologise to Mitov when he does see it again...

Really jealous of your keeper. He looks the real deal. I think you can probably criticise O'Reilly for missing they chances but they sort of shots normally trickle into the net somehow. 

Great saves/ bad misses, maybe a bit of both.

Probably won't get a bigger shock result this season in the whole of the league.

23 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Really jealous of your keeper. He looks the real deal. I think you can probably criticise O'Reilly for missing they chances but they sort of shots normally trickle into the net somehow. 

Great saves/ bad misses, maybe a bit of both.

Probably won't get a bigger shock result this season in the whole of the league.

Yeah without doubt he should take the chances. Especially the one laid on his left side from the Yang ball across. Mitov seems to create himself a bit of luck as well by always making himself big etc. 

He does seem the real deal, looks a top signing for Saints. A betting man would say no matter which league Saints are in next season he's unlikely to be at the club! Might not make it past January if we're struggling and he continues the form. 

Seems a good guy too. 

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe