Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

5 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

I imagine it'll depend on how much of their wage share we end up having to carry for the remainder of their deals. 

If we were them we wouldn't be walking away without having this years salary honoured fully!

Loans for all 3? Can see there being interest at full time level still for McGowan. Crawford might get a Airdrie or Cove type full time offer?

Not sure clubs will be queuing up to pay much of Booth's wage after his injuries. 

Think McGowan we can maybe get away without paying anything, he'll get decent offers. 

Booth i dunno, probably well regarded by Championship sides but then injuries might harm his chances.

Zero chance we escape from.Crawford without giving him either a lump sum or paying some wages for the next year. Not a clue who'll even want him either.

All well and good saying they're free to go, but who's taking Crawford and Booth? Booth is a good player when he's fit, but he's not been fit for about 18 months now and Crawford is just dire and will be on a big wage. 

McGowan feels like an unfortunate victim of circumstance. Versatility is useful but he probably doesn't offer enough anywhere to get in ahead of the other options. 

2 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

I would happily take Booth we are dying for a left back

Part time might suit him

Is he completely broken or what? What’s his pre season looked like

He's hardly featured in pre season.  If he was to stay fit he'd be a very good signing for any Championship club. 

2 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Nah hes fine, just needs a game or two to get sharp and youll have a top flight LB on your books.

You should sign him today before others snap him up.

But in all seriousness he played about 10 mins this season and then vanished with another injury. Our manager had a dig at players who were injured, insinuating some arent willing to work through pain, so this maybe suggests hes one whos now got some mental block about his own fitness.

18 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

I would happily take Booth we are dying for a left back

Part time might suit him

One other detail others haven't mentioned. He's played 10 total minute's of football since May 2022. (15 months)

Played those 10 mins in the League cup this season and then was out again through injury again. 

20 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Nah hes fine, just needs a game or two to get sharp and youll have a top flight LB on your books.

You should sign him today before others snap him up.

But in all seriousness he played about 10 mins this season and then vanished with another injury. Our manager had a dig at players who were injured, insinuating some arent willing to work through pain, so this maybe suggests hes one whos now got some mental block about his own fitness.

1 minute ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

One other detail others haven't mentioned. He's played 10 total minute's of football since May 2022. (15 months)

Played those 10 mins in the League cup this season and then was out again through injury again. 

So not even been playing in the reserves or anything? Surely nobody would take him if it was as bad as that. 

I mentioned him on our thread about a week ago but didn’t realise he was so broken 

5 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

So not even been playing in the reserves or anything? Surely nobody would take him if it was as bad as that. 

I mentioned him on our thread about a week ago but didn’t realise he was so broken 

Appeared in a couple of friendlies this pre season and a couple of bounce games last season 

Not sure I echo the opinions of any Saints fan who is shocked or outraged by the potential departure of Ryan McGowan. He has been decent enough. Nothing more, nothing less. Jack of all trades, master of none. If/when Sprangler signs, the midfield options are looking incredibly bloated and he's the most obvious candidate to move on. He seems like a good character to have around the club, however, so hopefully there's no detrimental impact in that sense.

Booth isn't surprising, but thanks for the memories. Crawford, bye.

McGowan will very much be a case of being pushed down the pecking order in all the positions he has played in over his time, and being of sufficient quality to actually pick up another club without too much of an issue.

The other two are a much harder sell in terms of actually getting rid of them.

43 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

He may well recover. I can't claim to know much about his injuries other than the last 16+ months he's always had one 😂

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/callum-booth/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/84979/plus/0?saison=2022&verein=&liga=&wettbewerb=&pos=&trainer_id=

Shows his last season appearances. 

Screenshot_2023-08-31-14-12-19-25_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe

13 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

He may well recover. I can't claim to know much about his injuries other than the last 16+ months he's always had one 😂

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/callum-booth/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/84979/plus/0?saison=2022&verein=&liga=&wettbewerb=&pos=&trainer_id=

Shows his last season appearances. 

Screenshot_2023-08-31-14-12-19-25_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Sounds like that’s the two things he’s had operations for. No idea but would probably take a gamble on him, sure there are a few clubs in same boat though. Notice he’s got a good business outside of football so maybe a couple of nights a week and a Saturday would be ideal for him now. 

Suppose we will see tomorrow. 

Crawford has potential to be decent for someone in Championship just not us and McGowan would look like a good signing for anyone in the Championship