Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

2 hours ago, double deluxe said:

Booth will be quite happy to sit on the last year of his contract and retire at the end of it considering what he has to fall back on after football, can’t see him leaving

If he has options to leave but decides to stay and do nothing but collect a wage they should make the next year a complete misery 

Approach on Saturday will be interesting. I think Steven MacLean gets away with it if he has a go and it doesn't work.. Might get criticised for a bit of naivety depending but generally I think an attacking outlook continues to paint the right picture.

If he's more cautious (and in fairness, very little he's done so far points to that) but we don't play well and lose then I think there's more of a kickback.

Whether you want to say unfortunately or not, with the squad restructuring over recent weeks especially, this is going to be a transitional spell and we don't know how long for.

It'll be important we can keep taking positives though so you feel you are heading in a direction.

I've said before that it's not about me conceding defeat before a ball was kicked this season but, for a variety of reasons, we are/were the favourites to go down and that can't all be laid at the door of Steven MacLean.

I had a wobble last week when I feared the potential worst outcome at Celtic Park but really, couldn't have been much happier with what we saw on the day, so going to try and see positives and buy into what the manager is wanting to do. I think if a support does that, it makes everyone's job that bit easier.

After the last 12 months of CD, I'm just enjoying this different approach from Macca in relation to all aspects of the job. 

Really hope we can get a decent performance and win this weekend to put another building block in place.

We should have some decent options this weekend from the bench 

2 hours ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Is there the potential of some surprises tomorrow?

I have a feeling there might be. Suspect there will be a bit of movement at Hearts and Hibs now there is no more European group football, so that might have some knock ons.....

Edited by Theyellowbox

1 hour ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

I think the latest Courier article indicates... No. 

Unless players leave first then no movement. I can't see any of the three encouraged to leave rushing to do so. 

Currently sending a Crawford compilation to Al-Hilal as we speak.