Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

All the best to James Brown, hope he does well at Raith Rovers and they can get back on track to win the title.

Not good enough for us if we want to improve, but no animosity from me as I think he was an honest player who gave his best.  Also got wedged in wherever we needed cover which probably never helped him settle in the side.  Should have kicked on this season, but seemed to lose his way with big mistakes at key times.

Came to Saints as back up and ended up with two major cup medals. That goal v Rangers is also probably in the top 10 Saints goals scored at McDiarmid Park.

38 minutes ago, Saint DBL said:

Some wild takes on saints Facebook post, absolute competition winner. 

34 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Was just reading the same thing. 

The usual banter page never been to a game all season folks though. 

Surprised the old guy is allowed back on there after his sexist rant a wee while back. The other guy commenting needs help. 

The comments on posts like that is one of the reasons why I have never joined the banter page. I mean, what are these people on?

I've heard that the banter page is a very odd place as well, it's bad enough reading the match threads on here.

Anyway, good luck to James Brown. It didn't work out and he didn't have the quality needed, but at least he always seemed to give it his best.

And if anybody's reading from Facebook, it's not a strange decision, it's because he's been utter pish all season!

20 minutes ago, mizfit said:

That banto page just needs a clear out tbh. 

Even allowing for all the bizarre takes, the thing I find weirdest is the people who post The Club’s Facebook posts without comment as though people might’ve missed them. 

Good evening Saints! Wee rumour that we’re bringing in Chris Kane on loan. James McPake did an interview after our 0-3 deafest to Queens Park to say hopefully some experience would be sorted in the next week. Likely story or very much part of the plans in Perth? But 

If it is true, what kinda guy are we getting?

3 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

Good evening Saints! Wee rumour that we’re bringing in Chris Kane on loan. James McPake did an interview after our 0-3 deafest to Queens Park to say hopefully some experience would be sorted in the next week. Likely story or very much part of the plans in Perth? But 

For the 11-a-side team or the fives?

Edited by Valentino Bolognese

27 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

A very hardworking holdup type centre forward who is good at winning free kicks etc when battling with the central defenders. Commited team player kind of guy. 

Slightly injury prone now. Also lacks any real conviction in front of goal, especially when he's required to think about it. There's no finesse about him either. 

38 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

@SJFCtheTeamForMe has pretty much nailed it. Was outstanding in our DOUBLE season but not played a lot since.

He did do very well in the championship a few years back when he was on the fringes of our first team in his younger days. Did well at both Dumbarton and QOS.

Has Kane played af all since he extended his contract until the summer? What a waste of time that is, unless we've got some kind of clause to trigger an extension in his contract if he shows up well out on loan.

Not sure I can add much about him beyond what's been said. He's the master of winning fouls and taking pressure off a defence. 

49 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Has Kane played af all since he extended his contract until the summer? 

Contract extension announced on the 19th December. Since then he played: 

55 minutes vs Rangers on December 20th (sub after DJ red)

74 minutes vs Kilmarnock on December 23rd (start)

10 minutes against Livingston on December 27th (sub)

2 bench appearances since them but no game time (Ross County and Hearts). Definitely a waste of time, perhaps they weren't confident of signing new strikers yet?

8 hours ago, Muirton Saint said:

Contract extension announced on the 19th December. Since then he played: 

55 minutes vs Rangers on December 20th (sub after DJ red)

10 minutes against Livingston on December 27th (sub)

2 bench appearances since them but no game time (Ross County and Hearts). Definitely a waste of time, perhaps they weren't confident of signing new strikers yet?

I think that is pretty much the case. Signed as at that time we had little other options, but now Levein has his players in, unlikely to get game time. 

Edited by Theyellowbox

8 hours ago, Muirton Saint said:

I wonder if that performance made up Levein’s mind for him. Honking that day - not the only one, mind you. 

Edited by PSJ.84

First thought was that Kane would be a loss and id rather he was here than not, then you look into it and hes comfortably 5th choice and has barely played in the past 2 years due to injuries. 

Do wonder if half my fear about May/Kane leaving is just because theres a fear of moving on more than them still being good enough?