Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

23 hours ago, The Toun Clock said:

Good evening Saints! Wee rumour that we’re bringing in Chris Kane on loan. James McPake did an interview after our 0-3 deafest to Queens Park to say hopefully some experience would be sorted in the next week. Likely story or very much part of the plans in Perth? But 

If it is true, what kinda guy are we getting?

Always feel a bit sorry for Chris Kane , he scored one of the most important goals in Saints recent if not all time history, and all the credit for this goal which is also one of the most important Chris Kane has ever scored goes to the player who got the assist.

1 hour ago, Kyle said:

just looking at the out of contract list. 

Goalkeepers 

Dave Richards (loan expires) 

Jack Wills 

Defenders/wing backs

James Brown

Ryan McGowan 

Liam Gordon 

Kerr Smith (loan expires) 

Andy Considine 

Liam Parker

Callum Booth

Luke Robinson (loan expires) 

Tony Gallacher

Midfielders/wingers

Drey Wright

Fran Franczak (maybe) 

Diallang Jaiyesimi (loan expires) 

Daniel Phillips

Cammy McPherson 

Ali Crawford 

Cammy Ballantyne

Graham Carey

Attackers

Chris Kane 

Taylor Steven 

I'd be keeping Carey, McGowan and maybe Wright. Put the rest of there wages towards keeping Phillips and rebuild in the summer with a bigger budget.

Doc says big Baka says he took an elbow flush from Gordon. He was wrong - but clearly just a big softie. 

Levein says Gordon had an arm on Bakas shoulder - but it wasn’t even his fault it was there, was apparently another Saints defenders fault Gordon’s arm was on the big man’s shoulder. He was wrong and clearly just a fud. 

Reality is he’s slapped him in the coupon and it’s a penalty all day long. Not sure why the histrionics from Perth. 

1 hour ago, Der Panzer said:

Doc says big Baka says he took an elbow flush from Gordon. He was wrong - but clearly just a big softie. 

Levein says Gordon had an arm on Bakas shoulder - but it wasn’t even his fault it was there, was apparently another Saints defenders fault Gordon’s arm was on the big man’s shoulder. He was wrong and clearly just a fud. 

Reality is he’s slapped him in the coupon and it’s a penalty all day long. Not sure why the histrionics from Perth. 

It's a stonewaller - not just the slap in the face but the shoving down on to Bakayoko that followed.

Edited by DeeTillEhDeh

2 hours ago, Muirton Saint said:

I'd be keeping Carey, McGowan and maybe Wright. Put the rest of there wages towards keeping Phillips and rebuild in the summer with a bigger budget.

Considine would be the one of the first I’d look to extend by a season if he’ll take it, unless we unearth a couple of top class centre backs from nowhere over the next couple of months.

I get the concerns over his age, but he’s one of the few players in our squad who turns in consistent performances.

He’s our best centre back signing since McCart. And including loans there’s been a few..

Dendoncker, Muller, Cleary, Mahon, McClelland, Ambrose and probably a few more.

7 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

Considine would be the one of the first I’d look to extend by a season if he’ll take it, unless we unearth a couple of top class centre backs from nowhere over the next couple of months.

Aye that's fair, I probably should have included Considine in my list aswell.

On one hand i desperately want us to to a back four, and apparently none of our CBs can play that, so id be punting them all and looking for better fits and mlre athletic ones.

On the other i worry Levein is too obsessed with finding ego stroking signings and we'd bring in multiple CBs, with the idea that none of them are proven performers, so he can show how good he is at making players better.

I could post this in the matchday thread, but let’s face it, at this point there’s no hope in there for any sort of reasoned discussion. 

Firstly, Dundee deserved to win that game without any real doubt which is frustrating and disappointing. However, we did hit the bar (should have scored) and actually forced a couple of good saves from Carson which hasn’t been the case at all this season. Not that it was good, but maybe there are signs of life up to that might form. 

Secondly, taking Kimpioka off totally lost us any minor control we had in that game. By going one up top the Dundee defence totally settled and it didn’t allow Sidebeh to isolate the centrebacks any more. The simple change was Keltjens to RWB and Sprangler on into the middle and take Dare off. I think it was also clear, we had about 4/5 players on that pitch who either weren’t fully fit or weren’t match fit and it showed towards the end. 

Also what a fit Drey Wright would actually bring to this team shouldn’t be understated. To actually have an attacking impetus down the right hand side would be helpful. 

Finally, as for the referee, he should never be allowed a top flight game again in my option.  Yes he was awful for the entire game and no way near the standards. However, everyone is talking about the Mellon incident, but he did the exact same thing in the first half when Bakayoko and Gordon both went down, he played advantage. Both incidents are clear head knocks and play must be stopped immediately. I’d love to hear what he and the head of the referees are saying to this as he’s broken fundamental duties of care to the players. 

13 minutes ago, Widge said:

I could post this in the matchday thread, but let’s face it, at this point there’s no hope in there for any sort of reasoned discussion. 

Firstly, Dundee deserved to win that game without any real doubt which is frustrating and disappointing. However, we did hit the bar (should have scored) and actually forced a couple of good saves from Carson which hasn’t been the case at all this season. Not that it was good, but maybe there are signs of life up to that might form. 

Secondly, taking Kimpioka off totally lost us any minor control we had in that game. By going one up top the Dundee defence totally settled and it didn’t allow Sidebeh to isolate the centrebacks any more. The simple change was Keltjens to RWB and Sprangler on into the middle and take Dare off. I think it was also clear, we had about 4/5 players on that pitch who either weren’t fully fit or weren’t match fit and it showed towards the end. 

Also what a fit Drey Wright would actually bring to this team shouldn’t be understated. To actually have an attacking impetus down the right hand side would be helpful. 

Finally, as for the referee, he should never be allowed a top flight game again in my option.  Yes he was awful for the entire game and no way near the standards. However, everyone is talking about the Mellon incident, but he did the exact same thing in the first half when Bakayoko and Gordon both went down, he played advantage. Both incidents are clear head knocks and play must be stopped immediately. I’d love to hear what he and the head of the referees are saying to this as he’s broken fundamental duties of care to the players. 

I thought that when you got the goal against the run of play it would play right into Levein hands - and it did to a point. Allowed you to sit in and try and hit on the counter with the clear pace advantage you had at the top end of the park and as you rightly say Saints had a few good chances with Carson making some great stops. 

On another day (most days if you’re a Dundee fan any other season) we lose that game to a stupid counter attack goal or a set piece.

Unfortunately Leveins subs appeared to make you less and less threatening and gave us time to get a proper foothold and start to dominate - was only a matter of time for the equaliser and the winner was a welcome bonus and reward for all the great performances we’ve had of late, that have yielded exactly 0 points…

Couldn’t agree more RE the referee to be honest - should be investigated and suspended / demoted for a while at least. Expect them to get calls wrong and make silly mistakes, but those decisions were dangerous!

I’m mainly here to apologise for my previous post though - I stand by everything - just didn’t mean to post it in here - few beers last night and I thought I was in the match thread! 

VAR is to Liam Gordon what the pass back rule was to Andy Rhodes.

And yet it could be so much worse because yesterday certainly wasn't the first time this season he should have seen red.

I get why he went for the header with Mellon when we were chasing the game but it was atrocious and find it staggering he wasn't given a second yellow.

14 minutes ago, mizfit said:

I want an entire fucking day of training just on stopping crosses. 

@RandomGuy. ruin my morning. Tell me how many goals we’ve conceded that have come from a cross? 

Too many.

8 minutes ago, Saint DBL said:

Remember wingers were a thing, miss them.

Teams like St Johnstone cant play with wingers or a back 4.