Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

47 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Rightly or wrongly i think Gordon, McGowan, Phillips, Wright, and Carey, will all be offered new deals. Probably Taylor Steven if Levein knows hes our player, and Chris Kane too.

Phillips will leave, rest would renew, and dont know about Kane.

Squad would likely be...

GK: Mitov, Sinclair

DEF: Keltjens, Olufunwa, Gordon, McGowan

MID: Sprangler, M. Smith, C. Smith, Kucheriavyi, Carey, Franczak, Wright

ATT: Clark, Kimpioka, Sidibeh, May, Steven

Not ideal and not the gutting i think most want, but leaves room to bring in better defenders, another deeper CM, and another winger depending on how they see Max and Franczak by that point.

We've ended up with a squad that isn't built for 5 at the back (no wing backs) or 442 (no width other than DJ). What a mess.

Interesting to see what way we go in the summer. Still not sure where C Smith fits in either.

Edited by monkfish

1 hour ago, The Saintee said:

If Considine can't see himself that he's done then someone needs to have a quiet word. He's prolonged his top flight career by an additional two seasons but now's the time for a dose of reality.

1 hour ago, Theyellowbox said:

I think when you saw his face and body language after his couple of mistakes vs Livi, he knows he is done and I'd be amazed if he isn't retired or drops divisions in the summer. 

Aye, this. I actually felt sorry for him after he passed the ball straight out of play tbh. He knows hes done and, tbh, its not his fault hes still playing for us. 

1 hour ago, monkfish said:

We've ended up with a squad that isn't built for 5 at the back (no wing backs) or 442 (no width other than DJ). What a mess.

Interesting to see what way we go in the summer. Still not sure where C Smith fits in either.

Im still convinced Kirk becomes manager this Summer and tries to build us towards 5-2-3

11 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Aye, this. I actually felt sorry for him after he passed the ball straight out of play tbh. He knows hes done and, tbh, its not his fault hes still playing for us. 

Yeah, especially after how well* he was performing to start this season. Nothing against the guy for wanting to prolong his career at the top level.

*well in comparison to everyone else.

2 hours ago, The Saintee said:

Stan tweeted on Sat night that we have a good squad and at the end of the day a point was ok against a "difficult" side. 

I'm expecting/hoping that the majority of the out of contract players are launched in the summer ASAP because we are far, far from a good squad.

He can't really tweet that the team are shite though, can he?  I suppose it might have been better not tweeting at all, but it was Saturday night  - maybe he'd had a couple of beers 🤣

2 hours ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

How sure are you that's actually true? They've probably barely spoken, based on Drey's comments when he was on Saints TV against St. mirren

He mentioned how he'd not been at the training ground much at all. I believe he'd said it in a conversation when asked about the January signings in training. Think he said he'd never seen them train as well!

I’m far from in the know or anything close to it, heard this about Wright and Levein very randomly. Didn’t really make sense to me but no real reason for the person concerned to make it up. 

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

I know hiring these venues as has already been explained is very expensive and I know profit needs made but doesn't £100 a head price out the average Saints fan? Especially those with younger kids who'd struggle to justify spending that kind of money when you factor in £5+ drinks and everything else on top. 

Don't get me wrong I imagine it'll be a great night, just think it's likely to result in it being mostly attended by the more affluent section of our support plus the hardcore who don't miss anything. 

Personally 3 years ago I wouldn't have missed it... But now... I'll pass. 

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe

Aye updated all the charts (which are now done in a different way and made even harsher) for Saints players earlier and his looked class for a 19yo in their first real season.

Screenshot_20240308_171331_Medium.thumb.jpg.2e3ef329e37f26290d3eab728560f93a.jpg

Scores screamers too.

On 08/03/2024 at 11:20, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

I know hiring these venues as has already been explained is very expensive and I know profit needs made but doesn't £100 a head price out the average Saints fan? Especially those with younger kids who'd struggle to justify spending that kind of money when you factor in £5+ drinks and everything else on top. 

Don't get me wrong I imagine it'll be a great night, just think it's likely to result in it being mostly attended by the more affluent section of our support plus the hardcore who don't miss anything. 

Personally 3 years ago I wouldn't have missed it... But now... I'll pass. 

£50 deposit now and 7 months to find the other £50.  

Very reasonably priced especially when you see what other clubs charge for similar events 

1 hour ago, perthsaint1977 said:

Our fans still bemoaning the loan of Chris Kane?

Already missing regular games at Dunfermline.

100% the correct decision to offload on loan.

Ive noticed Wotherspoons been a bit riddled with injuries this season too.

Sounds quite positive about a comeback for Drey Wright soonish. 

Kirk also talking positively about a return for MacPherson as well which I'm not as enthusiastic about.