Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Just now, PauloPerth said:

Head to heads will be crucial. Don’t suppose it matters much by the time they come round,, but our record against County is W2 D0 L1 and against Aberdeen it’s W1 D2 L0. 

Should get both at home on our tattie field .. not sure if that’s a good thing.

Have we played either since managerial changes?

I can see us being the only team that doesnt beat Livi

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Have we played either since managerial changes?

I can see us being the only team that doesnt beat Livi

Since Levein took over we’re 2 wins out of 2 against County, and a win and a draw v Aberdeen.

2 draws in both games v Livi under Levein.

Have said it before and will repeat it again whoever made the decision not to even try to sign Simon Murray from Queens Park when he was available should be named and shamed.

He would have made such a difference to our inability to score goals and had to have been in our price range given the amount of money we have wasted in that time.

4 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Since Levein took over we’re 2 wins out of 2 against County, and a win and a draw v Aberdeen.

2 draws in both games v Livi under Levein.

I meant on their side.

44 minutes ago, Broughty said:

Have said it before and will repeat it again whoever made the decision not to even try to sign Simon Murray from Queens Park when he was available should be named and shamed.

He would have made such a difference to our inability to score goals and had to have been in our price range given the amount of money we have wasted in that time.

Maybe we did.

Im fairly sure @Derry Alli has said we tried to sign Simon Murray recently?

What a fucking pickle we're in though, people complaing we didnt spend £100k, and the same again plus more every year wages, to sign Simon Murray.

4 hours ago, Broughty said:

Very nearly happened two months ago

I just thought I would give you guys a heads up on how Cammy Ballantyne is getting on with us. I think he is a really good player who knows how to win games, is improving every match. Although I’m unsure if he will make your 1st team next season.

4 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Im fairly sure @Derry Alli has said we tried to sign Simon Murray recently?

We did and he wanted to go to Dundee (patter incoming) 

4 minutes ago, BullyWeeClydeFc said:

I just thought I would give you guys a heads up on how Cammy Ballantyne is getting on with us. I think he is a really good player who knows how to win games, is improving every match. Although I’m unsure if he will make your 1st team next season.

yeah this is it, Championship player at best. 

4 minutes ago, PSJ.84 said:

yeah this is it, Championship player at best. 

Totally agree, hopefully we can arrange another deal for the young lad next year, as I honestly believe if we survive this season, keep all our January signings then we will be a high flyer in the league next season.

7 hours ago, BullyWeeClydeFc said:

Theres zero chance he's with us next season.

I dont think Levein rates him, and i dont think Ballantyne will trust the club at all to get him a chance. He'll go somewhere that guarantees him games.

Game changes on Sprangler going off for me. It’s not to say I think Max played particularly badly - it’s just that he’s not the same type of player. Hopefully Sprangler isn’t out for a length of time and hopefully that fucker sees his importance to the team now. 

Edited by PSJ.84

33 minutes ago, PSJ.84 said:

Game changes on Sprangler going off for me. It’s not to say I think Max played particularly badly - it’s just that he’s not the same type of player. Hopefully Soprangler isn’t out for a length of time and hopefully that fucker sees his importance to the team now. 

My take is slightly different although obviously agree about the pressure ramping up after the change. What I'd say though is that although Sprangler wasn't playing brilliantly,.he was at least playing...

We have so many nothing players.

46 minutes ago, PSJ.84 said:

Game changes on Sprangler going off for me. It’s not to say I think Max played particularly badly - it’s just that he’s not the same type of player. Hopefully Soprangler isn’t out for a length of time and hopefully that fucker sees his importance to the team now. 

Screenshot_20240317_083452_Chrome.thumb.jpg.e238838ced1c3fe55dc6768f81cb67f7.jpg

Just now, mizfit said:

Just the 9 more games until we can thankfully say goodbye to some of these shitebags. 

10, the play offs are two legged.

3 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Even worse. 

We got 3 home games after the split last season, so personally hoping its just 2 this year as i cant be arsed with games this season. Ive fully prepared myself for us just trying to draw our way to safety as the risk of losing games to direct rivals will be seen as higher than the reward of winning.

Starting line up/approach against Dundee will tell us a lot about things for the rest of the season, i think.