Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

5 minutes ago, Radford said:

Was it ever established how long his contract was actually for?

I wouldn't mind him at RB in a 4, with a good winger in front of him. But he's got similar limitations to Gallacher in that he can't beat a man as he's not quick enough or tricky enough, and he's not quite got any link up play go in with Smith yet.

I'd be interested to see him in midfield but gut feeling is he couldn't play well as a holding midfielder in our set up(s).

1 minute ago, johnoswald2712 said:

We are likely to be playing teams who don’t play a high line the way Hibs defence did yesterday and we tend to struggle more against these types of teams. On the plus side though , they are the teams we tend not to lose to so hopefully will see us safe. Still don’t want Levein next season though (or Kirk for that matter) but would he be a better bet that Gus MacPherson upstairs?

Think next week could see us safe, Killie are on a high just now so might try and prove a point and kill the game early which leaves space. 1 more win saves us IMO, as that would leave County needing 3 wins from 5 with us losing all 5, I just can't see it.

Levein there might let us know what the role actually is. I've still no idea what MacPhersons job is.

2 hours ago, monkfish said:

If we stay up, would people be happy with Keltjens as a starting RB/WB next season? I would say, ideally, no.

Hadn’t looked at this thread and posted on the match thread that I think being so weak in wide areas limits us massively.  If we stay up and want to progress next season, we have to improve upon Robinson, Gallacher, Keltjens and Kucheriavyi (accepting that Smith played wide in the second half).

Hadn’t realised he’s signed til next year.

You take that team yesterday and imagine replacing Robinson and Keltjens with peak Brian Easton and Dave Mackay and it’s makes a world of difference.

8 hours ago, Radford said:

No.

Was it ever established how long his contract was actually for?

Of the current FB/WB options, Drey Wright is the only one that has any case to be here next season if we are serious about improving.

Don’t think Drey is a rb candidate, wb yes, but I’m hoping we drop that formation, and he plays much further forward 

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

We've maybe 150 tickets left out the away section of the main stand. I assume they'll just open behind the goals when it sells out as it defo will in the next day or so. 

If there is an appetite for it St Johnstone will cash in on it. Now if we could just get Ghostie to do the pre match lunch for your players that would be great.

1 hour ago, tree house tam said:

If there is an appetite for it St Johnstone will cash in on it. Now if we could just get Ghostie to do the pre match lunch for your players that would be great.

He's no a chef anymore. 

1 hour ago, tree house tam said:

Walking the streets for a living now

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

I think I said after your awful performance against us a few weeks back that Sidibeh looked like the one player in the team that was impressive and an absolute wild card. Dangerous, lively, a wee bit raw or rash but a proper pain in the arse so it's not really a shock to see him kick on and do well.

2 minutes ago, mizfit said:

I thought he was Gambian? 

His mothers from Senegal apparently.

That story has come from his agent so don't know if that makes it more, or less, true.

6 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

I think I said after your awful performance against us a few weeks back that Sidibeh looked like the one player in the team that was impressive and an absolute wild card. Dangerous, lively, a wee bit raw or rash but a proper pain in the arse so it's not really a shock to see him kick on and do well.

f**k knows how you could gather that from the worst performance I've seen in years. Every and I mean every player was absolutely shite.