Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Craig Levein appearing on Off the Ball today 12-2 radio Scotland. 

9 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

His comments on Saints can definitely be translated into "They would never entering selling to me" because his ideas were absolutely horrendous. 

Can already picture both Geoff Brown, and the professional top end company hired to sell the club, react when he wants to buy the club but only pay £300k up front.

I doubt they even heard his ideas.

Edited by RandomGuy.

5 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Can already picture both Geoff Brown, and the professional top end company hired to sell the club, react when he wants to buy the club but only pay £300k up front.

I doubt they even heard his ideas.

To be fair if Steve Brown heard an offer of 300k up front but we may or may not be entitled to a big future sell on clause that would make it a Saints record takeover then we could be in huge trouble

2 hours ago, steviemay17 said:

To be fair if Steve Brown heard an offer of 300k up front but we may or may not be entitled to a big future sell on clause that would make it a Saints record takeover then we could be in huge trouble

Interesting question comes from that. With the revelation Motherwells man's big plan for making money was signing players from Mexico to attract Tequila sponsors, and making a fortune by playing games against the Old Firm at Wembley, would you rather him in charge or Flaherty?

I imagine we'll see a few signings announcements/info in the press with the squad being back. Players who are signing but haven't officially yet doing so signing when they come in for day 1 of pre season?

Will also be a good indication of who's not resigned but planning to based on if they're present or not for pre season. 

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe

8 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

I imagine we'll see a few signings announcements/info in the press with the squad being back. Players who are signing but haven't officially yet doing so signing when they come in for day 1 of pre season?

Will also be a good indication of who's not resigned but planning to based on if they're present or not for pre season. 

It doesn't sound like we'll see Gordon or McGowan again tbh.

27 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Gordon apparently did indeed turn down the first offer.

No idea if there was further improvements to the offer since though. Not ITK 😂

Eric Nicolson said twice now he expects him to go to England, so have to think he's had a suggestion that's virtually guaranteed.

Are Eric Nicolson’s articles usually his personal opinion or is he pushing a narrative based on what he already knows about the club’s plans?  I wouldn’t agree with what he says about RWB being Drey Wright’s best position. I sincerely hope he’s being implemented as a winger next season. And if we were to go with a back 5, which is the only way that Wright would be used as a RWB, we’ll probably need to sign more than two new central defenders (which is the number that Eric has said we should be targeting).

2 hours ago, glenrothes 1884 saint said:

Told from good source we’ve signed a wide player, that’ll improve us imo 

The two names that I've heard mentioned would improve us and I'd be happy with. One has already been mentioned on here I think.

Edited by tree house tam

18 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

The two names that have I've heard mentioned would improve us and I'd be happy with. One has already been mentioned on here I think.

No idea who it is, but I'd like to see Scott Banks in. Know his name has been passed around a wee bit.

Just now, The Real Saints said:

My PMs are open if anyone would like to stop gatekeeping information about transfers. Thanks.

I presume they're talking about Scott Banks. I'm not ITK though but he's been mentioned on here and I've seen some Saints fans retweeting stuff from RandomG about that player that was originally posted months ago. 

Would be a bit out of the blue to retweet analysis of a random player from March or something for no reason..

If Scott Banks comes in then I'd jump to conclusions and think that's confirmation Steven is away.

7 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

If Scott Banks comes in then I'd jump to conclusions and think that's confirmation Steven is away.

If hes not at training today then I think that's a fair assumption regardless.