Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

39 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Should be fine; he's off to Aberdeen.

Aye that's what I was meaning with that post.

1 hour ago, DunkeldRoad01 said:

Plenty of work to be done with potentially a goalkeeper and an entire defence still to be signed. 

Again shows the complete mess the previous regime made of things. 

Just have to hope the new signings pay off and we get away with it for one more summer window, and hopefully don't have to sign a whole new team again in summer 2025.

Good luck to Dimi. Did well for us, keeping us up and making us some cash, for him broke into the international team and got a move.

Feel he could have done a lot better, and it’s as if he’s just taken the first club that came in for him. Thought he might have backed himself a bit more.

Hes basically moved from the 10th club in the premiership to the one in 7th.

Screenshot_20240619_180546_Chrome.thumb.jpg.7a3eef914bdc715dbbd4a1cfadb332e8.jpg

The comments soften things a bit maybe, depending on how much you believe what folk who've just signed for a club mean what they say.

I think his scope of club is limited as he was open about wanting to play top flight football when he joined us. Was it not rumoured/said he turned down EFL Championship clubs to join us as he felt top flight football here was higher profile, which increased his chances of Bulgaria caps? I can't imagine there was many top flight clubs after him beyond our own division really.

36 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Good luck to Dimi. Did well for us, keeping us up and making us some cash, for him broke into the international team and got a move.

Feel he could have done a lot better, and it’s as if he’s just taken the first club that came in for him. Thought he might have backed himself a bit more.

Hes basically moved from the 10th club in the premiership to the one in 7th.

😆

4 minutes ago, afc_blockhead said:

😆

Tbf 7th is your average position over the past 3 seasons.

Doesn't look like he kicked a ball for Kilmarnock at all last season (although he did play 14 times for Ayr on loan from January, and he did have a hell of a lot of competition to get in ahead of at Killie too). 

I really hope he's not here to be a starter. Hopefully RandomGuy comes along with one of his charts that shows him to be Jason Kerr mixed with Jamie McCart but I just can't see it. 

20 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Doesn't look like he kicked a ball for Kilmarnock at all last season (although he did play 14 times for Ayr on loan from January, and he did have a hell of a lot of competition to get in ahead of at Killie too). 

I really hope he's not here to be a starter. Hopefully RandomGuy comes along with one of his charts that shows him to be Jason Kerr mixed with Jamie McCart but I just can't see it. 

He's one of those players you willed to kick on and it just never happened for him. Good luck to Jack.

Would've been more than happy to keep Sanders if we had the budget for a massive squad. He's played more for Cove and Ayr than for us since we got promoted.

Decent player and a likeable boy too. Levein may just be exactly what his career needs.

Edited by Pizzo

I think Sanders is really good and has all the qualities to be a Premiership player he’s just been unlucky Killie are so good at the back I think 

Also is there any word on a new keeper coming in? Surely must have expected Mitov to have a good chance of moving on 

1 minute ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Also is there any word on a new keeper coming in? Surely must have expected Mitov to have a good chance of moving on 

We signed Josh Rae from Airdrie before Mitov left, and have Ross Sinclair who's constantly highly rated.

They might look for a 3rd but I have a feeling they'll see how Rae/Sinclair look over pre-season/league cup before deciding how much budget to use on that position.

Sanders was a weird one.  He started terribly when he signed, not sure if it was down to being rusty or not.  By the end he had come on to a bit of a game, however did have quite a few howlers along the way.  He had signed a contract with us, not sure what the script is with the PCA etc, but it does sound like you have had to pay some sort of fee, probably very minimal to take him.