Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

As desperate as I was to find some typical outlandish and unreasonable quote from that statement from your new owner, I have to say that was a pretty good one. Even I came out of it thinking positively about St Johnstone's future despite the nature of your squad and who your current manager is.

Pretty, pretty good.

Larry David Hbo GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

18 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

As desperate as I was to find some typical outlandish and unreasonable quote from that statement from your new owner, I have to say that was a pretty good one. Even I came out of it thinking positively about St Johnstone's future despite the nature of your squad and who your current manager is.

Pretty, pretty good.

leonardo-di-caprio-one-of-us.gif.43893b7a58c4e7898bf55e5bc8be9f37.gif

I’m with Ludo*1 on this. The Browns did a great job with the Perth Saints and Geoff seems to have found a worthy new owner for the Club. There are a lot of good folk at the Club already and, reading that opening statement, the future is looking bright again. All the best from the Paisley Saints.

25 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Pretty, pretty good.

Yeah I would agree. His comments on naturally growing your budget with more fans gives me peace of mind. No immediate promise of Europe or trophies, but a stick with me and I’ll do you right. 

Compared to the clusterfuck at Motherwell, we’ve done not bad. 

Webb, with one statement, has gained not only the approval but also the admiration of rival fans. 

This man will not only pull Saints back from the brink, but quite probably transform Scottish football as we know it. 

What a time to be alive. 

(seriously though, this all looks quite positive)

(have we not signed anyone today?)

1 minute ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

have we not signed anyone today?

Genuinely think we might get a raft this week to build positive momentum for Saturday.

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, THE FAT MAN said:

You could suck the life out of a lemon 

He's right to be fair. We've had 3 years of circling the drain. If we could've had the takeover done earlier this summer or even last summer then I think it would be easier to hit the reset button that it maybe is right now, however even if we are relegated this coming season, you can still feel optimistic that we'll turn things around more quickly now. 

Actually feeling as optimistic as I have for a while about Saints with the signings we've made/are about to make, even before the takeover. We know Webb has already invested a lot to get the deal over the line so you have to think he'll be fully committed and energetic in wanting us to succeed. 

I'm in either way, let's do it. 

Edited by Kyle

I like the statement and sneakily my favourite part is when he describes the current squad as being "dynamic". Have worked enough braindead corporate jobs to know that if the team you are on is described as "dynamic" then it's tries hard but lacks talent and completely replaceable so choosing to believe this means he knows we need quality coming in

Interesting to see Webb is keen to improve the match day experience by improving McDiarmid Park. Hopefully there will be a fan consultation on how this could be achieved. As others have touched upon, replacing those red and yellow seats with blue and white ones ranks top of my list - along with erecting tents on the newly resurfaced car park selling mulled beverages for those chilly matchdays during Autumn and Winter.

26 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

Interesting to see Webb is keen to improve the match day experience by improving McDiarmid Park. Hopefully there will be a fan consultation on how this could be achieved. As others have touched upon, replacing those red and yellow seats with blue and white ones ranks top of my list - along with erecting tents on the newly resurfaced car park selling mulled beverages for those chilly matchdays during Autumn and Winter.

Replacing the seats would be great but could we also find a way to stop the pigeons and seagulls from crapping all over them too because that Ormond end of the East stand is a fucking health hazard

7 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Smash those old tellys in the east stand as soon as possible. 

Probably worth a fair bit given they are retro now!

Bit of a strage day as a Saints Fan. Reflective of what Brown has achieved and at the same time optimistic over what Webb can bring.

Certainly saying the right things and while he will have sought advice and sounding on what can be done, he will need to have a very clear plan on where he things advertising etc can be maximised as I don't think there is as much of that pie up for grabs as he maybe thinks.

I do think though, that there is a fair bit of untapped growth from the fans. There is a fair chunk of saints fans who for various reasons don't attend as much as they once did. I'd actually argue, thst while attendances haven't grown much over the last decade or so, there is more saints fans in general now than there ever has been. Getting those bums on seats and spending money regularly will take a change in focus and offering. The product on the pitch has to be better, but there is some quick wins to make going to the games better. Better catering inside the ground, quicker serving and more options will draw more folk in and for longer pre game. Place needs to be given a bit of a face-lift and aye, blue seats. All of which could be done for not a massive cost.

Get the ormond re opened with all the kids stuff re instated, which, even if loss making on a matchday is a bit of a loss leader. 

What is most pleasing is that in Webbs statement, he is clear, but not arrogant enough to dismiss the offers of help from those currently at the club or closed to the suggestions and views of the fans.

For me, legit owners invest in the fabric of the club, fly by night guys, less so. 

Well it's obviously bonanza time for the St Johnstone fans.

A new owner with no emotional attachment to the club. What could go wrong ? These things always turn out very well.

Just ask Hearts fans about Romanov. And Gretna fans about Mileson. And Man Utd fans about the Glaziers.

You lucky b*****ds !!

13 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

A new owner with no emotional attachment to the club. What could go wrong ? These things always turn out very well.

Just ask Hearts fans about Romanov. And Gretna fans about Mileson. And Man Utd fans about the Glaziers.

You lucky b*****ds !!

United having issues with double glazing? 

21 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

You lucky b*****ds !!

Not everyone is lucky enough to be St Mirren pal, enjoy the "top six" trophies while you can.