Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

29 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

My fucking man !!!

My idea, I get to choose the name. Ideas welcome.

Hooterz. 

27 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Sounds like the Muirton suite clientele.

Feeling attacked. If Mr. Webb could look at sorting the phone signal in there, and the rest of the stadium, that’d be grand. 

Agree re Sanders. Can't believe we paid a fee, the whole point in signings like that is them being free. Keltjens looking weak as well. 

I'm the first to criticise Cammy but that's a cracking ball for Kinpioka's second. 

Can see why their fans are raging, ref is giving us everything. 

Yeah, I’ve been pretty impressed with both wing-backs. McClelland was also composed in that first half, certainly looking of a higher standard than Sanders.

MacPherson the stand-out in midfield and Benji doing what Benji does.

Unsure about Essel’s best position. 

Pretty comfortable win, and at this stage of the season you’ve got to be happy with that.

Defence solid enough, Sanders grew into the game well I thought and McClelland looks a good option there. Essel also looks very able at centre back. Both full backs did well.

MacPherson had a very good game, Matt Smith showed glimpses but needs to start performing more consistently throughout a game. Essel again looks solid enough in here.

Carey and Wright didn’t do much wrong, whilst not doing much spectacular either.

2 goals from Benji so can’t complain, sometimes holds the ball in really well, and then sometimes it just bounces off him.

Subs didn’t really make much impact. Kirk looks absolutely rapid though, and a good save to prevent him scoring.

Thought Keltjens was pretty good. Raymond was decent enough too - hopefully his crossing gets a bit better though. It was nice to see MacPherson keeping things simple and 80% of his game was fine, but then he’ll chuck in a shite pass for good measure. 

Keltjens was MOTM for me, was just very good at everything.

As good a win as you could probably expect at this stage with everything that's happened squad wise, but there's a lot of worrying things happening that aren't being punished and you'd worry that changes in the league. It's worrying how close we are with injuries/suspension to a mess of a team too.

Just have to hope this squad keeps improving, keeps it's fearlessness, and everyone stays fit, I guess.

Kimpioka and Sidibeh have both scored five competitive goals now. Kimpioka has scored five goals in 891 minutes of game time, whilst Sidibeh has scored five goals in 1022 minutes of game time. Kimpioka averages a goal every 178 minutes, Sidibeh averages a goal every 204 minutes. Kimpioka is two years younger than Sidibeh.

Just some fun stats with nothing deeper intended. Both are great options. I just feel like Kimpioka would maybe benefit from having an agent like Sidibeh's.

3 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

Kimpioka and Sidibeh have both scored five competitive goals now. Kimpioka has scored five goals in 891 minutes of game time, whilst Sidibeh has scored five goals in 1022 minutes of game time. Kimpioka averages a goal every 178 minutes, Sidibeh averages a goal every 204 minutes. Kimpioka is two years younger than Sidibeh.

Just some fun stats with nothing deeper intended. Both are great options. I just feel like Kimpioka would maybe benefit from having an agent like Sidibeh's.

You staying with Random?

16 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

there's a lot of worrying things happening that aren't being punished and you'd worry that changes in the league.

First half had me worrying that we’ll get picked off on the break in the league when playing a four at the back. Too sloppy in possession and not quick enough at the back. Not fair to judge it on the back 45 minutes though. 

Pretty good all round, although I thought Morton looked really quite poor. 

Essel played two defence splitting passes in the first 10 minutes - so 2 more than Philips managed in his entire Saints career - and then looked very comfortable at centre back. He's definitely got something.

Keltjens and Wright combined well up the right and Raymond's recovery tackling was excellent. His first touch looked a bit suspect but that might get better with game time. 

It's a shame Kirk didn't score that 1 on 1, would've done wonders for his confidence. He looks rapid though and hopefully has something to offer. 

1 hour ago, PSJ.84 said:

First half had me worrying that we’ll get picked off on the break in the league when playing a four at the back. Too sloppy in possession and not quick enough at the back. Not fair to judge it on the back 45 minutes though. 

I think some issues go once Essel learns how much time he has, still dwells too long sometimes for me, but think he'll be able to muscle his way through Phillips-esque sometime. MacPherson doing the same kind of causes an issue though.

He's a frankly incredible signing tbh so 100% fair fucks to Levein for that regardless of how he done it.

I've been pretty critical over the past few days but it was nice to see a fearless St Johnstone side actually play well, and I think a lot of that is due to who Leveins signed since coming in.

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I think some issues go once Essel learns how much time he has, still dwells too long sometimes for me, but think he'll be able to muscle his way through Phillips-esque sometime. MacPherson doing the same kind of causes an issue though.

He's a frankly incredible signing tbh so 100% fair fucks to Levein for that regardless of how he done it.

I've been pretty critical over the past few days but it was nice to see a fearless St Johnstone side actually play well, and I think a lot of that is due to who Leveins signed since coming in.

Think he might very well be here for a good time rather than a long time. Must be a killer thinking you’re going to Brugge and ending up in Perth - not just in terms of the football clubs. Imagine how much we’d be raving about Levein’s signings if he hadn’t signed Connor Smith. The one black mark, and a big one at that.