Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

We could benefit from this one. If he's got the the ability this is a make or break loan for him at Hearts. 

If it's another meh loan he'll probably not get a new deal and it's only a step downward from there. 

On the other hand though if he's able to step up, impress and prove himself as a good player at this level he'll earn a new deal or a better one elsewhere. We can hopefully benefit from that motivation for him. 

Not seen enough of him to pass comment on his level though. He'll be better than Olufunwa though...

Welcome! 

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe

Surely an upgrade on Sanders if we play with five at the back.

Neilson - McClelland - Cameron

I suppose that Essel could also be in direct competition with him when not utilised in midfield.

Fine with the defence now apart from requiring an additional LB. 
GK, LB, CM, possibly a winger, and we’re all good to go. 

If a back 3 helps us play Sidibeh and Kimpioka at the same time then it'll be worth it, I think.

Shapes a different prospect with pace up front, but it has to be more than 9 players in our half shelling balls up the channels.

The biggest issue with a back three and two up front, in terms of personnel, is that Drey might struggle to find a place in the XI unless it’s Keltjens who drops out (which isn’t ideal either). Still, a Kimpioka-Sidibeh partnership can’t be sniffed at.

6 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

The biggest issue with a back three and two up front, in terms of personnel, is that Drey might struggle to find a place in the XI unless it’s Keltjens who drops out (which isn’t ideal either). Still, a Kimpioka-Sidibeh partnership can’t be sniffed at.

I think we need to do our best to get both of them on the park as much as we can. If it's a 3-5-2 I'd rather we played Wright at RWB than Keltjens on the proviso we stiffen up the middle of the midfield. An attack focussed 3-5-2 with a midfield of Macpherson, Matt Smith and Essel is a recipe for disaster I think.

Keltjens played the majority of his career in midfield, we could just as easily play Wright at RWB and Keltjens as the midfielder closest to him. 

Just now, Kyle said:

Keltjens played the majority of his career in midfield, we could just as easily play Wright at RWB and Keltjens as the midfielder closest to him. 

I'd agree with that tbh - Keltjens alongside, say, Matt Smith and a Murray Davidson clone might work.

2 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

All good points. I imagine Levein would want to incorporate Carey in the midfield three though.

That probably is where the problems start. He'll play Carey in that deep lying role that doesn't even come close to working.

Wright is RWB ahead of Keltjens without question, and I like Keltjens.

Matt Smith preferably on the bench or in the stand.

1 hour ago, tree house tam said:

Just play a fucking 442 with our best players in their favoured positions please.

Two solid efficient centre midfielders to play the ball to the wide players to create for our dream team in attack.

Gk

Keltjens  Neilson  Cameron Raymond

Wright     Holt      CM   Carey

Kimpioka   Sidibeh

29 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Wright is RWB ahead of Keltjens without question, and I like Keltjens.

Matt Smith preferably on the bench or in the stand.

Or the first train back south. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/c1e58043kyno

A former professional footballer who admitted the serious sexual assault of a child and possession of thousands of indecent images of children has been jailed for four years.

Ian Heddle, 61, originally from Dunfermline, was charged after being caught with more than 270,000 indecent photos and videos.

A police investigation led to him being further charged with the sexual assault of a child, believed to be aged about eight, in Thailand.

Heddle was a midfielder for a number of Scottish clubs in the 1980s and 90s, including St Johnstone and Dunfermline Athletic.

11 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Two solid efficient centre midfielders to play the ball to the wide players to create for our dream team in attack.

Gk

Keltjens  Neilson  Cameron Raymond

Wright     Holt      CM   Carey

Kimpioka   Sidibeh

This team - as long as the CM isn't Ali Crawford - playing this way stays up IMO. I'd be keen on a winger who can cover both sides too but this looks balanced with everyone in their best positions. Also two centre backs who can do a bit of everything 

3 hours ago, tree house tam said:

And have been since I've been alive.

I'm a lot fucking closer to a pension than a young Scot card.

At least those administration events were worth it.

32 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Or the first train back south. 

Aye. It worries me how much people have forgotten how bad some of our players were last season. Matt Smith was pretty anonymous for most of it and would be Ali Crawford-esque, without the goals, if he didn't cover a lot of ground.

20 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Also two centre backs who can do a bit of everything 

We've yet to see what they're like. Not fully convinced by Cameron yet, as I think he'll be bullied by a fair few strikers, and Neilson was apparently merely okay as a Championship CB.

1 minute ago, The Real Saints said:

Television stardom has been confirmed for Ghostie. I can see him advancing to Gogglebox and possibly Celebrity Big Brother after that.

Screenshot 2024-07-30 at 12.33.33.png

Where's that quote from? 😂😂😂

He'd do it tbf and not give a shit what people say about him after it either.

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe