Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

I think folk need to not get too caught up in it all. What makes football so great is it's for everyone and means different things to different people.

The documentary will only truly find the answer to the question it seems to be asking if it, in fact, realises there is no answer.

What matters the most is us all still having a club to support, not the way in which that support manifests itself. That shouldn't be lost sight of in amongst lots of words.

Doesn't sound like there's any plans to sign another left back, so be spending the next 6 months with just Raymond (already injured) as a left footed option there really.

12 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Doesn't sound like there's any plans to sign another left back, so be spending the next 6 months with just Raymond (already injured) as a left footed option there really.

The poor planning continues. 

"Nothing to worry about! A ball's not even been kicked!" Cry the local journalists.

5 hours ago, tree house tam said:

Webby giving it all the usual gob shite stuff cheered on by performing sea lions, with the odd 'trying to be funny' shouted comments and songs is basically the lowdown on the pub get together. I hope this all calms down quickly, not sure how many more times before this will begin to really grate with me.

5 hours ago, perthsaint1977 said:

Cringe fest with all the usual suspects. 

5 hours ago, The Marly said:

Saw photos on Facebook.  Cringeworthy as f**k.

I didn't go last night (it's not really my kind of thing) but I'm desperately trying to figure out what the actual complaint is here. We actually have someone running the club who is actively trying to do a PR push, get out there and meet the fans in person, respond personally to emails, galvanise the existing fans and maybe even grow the support. As a result of all this we're on course to absolutely smash the attendance we'd normally get for an opening game of the season.

When was the last time Roddy, Stan, "Flax" (boke), the Browns or anyone else at the club actually made a serious effort to do any of the above? I'm pretty sure the answer is never. In any previous season we'd have been lucky to get 5,000 through the gate for this game, the only fan engagement we'd see would be a couple of tweets, and then Geoff would do an interview behind a paywall on the Courier a few weeks later where he'd moan about losing money and the fans not turning up.

Anyone know the deal with the qualifying purchase history? Was trying to get tickets this morning but told I don't meet the criteria. Purchased for 4 matches last year and had a season ticket in 2022. 

Seems a bit odd as I was even replying to an email thread where I had purchased ticket from last year. 

9 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

What exactly was the event last night? Was it an openly publicised thing or was it an invite-only choreographed event for a scene in the documentary?

It was advertised on the pubs Facebook page. 

11 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

What exactly was the event last night? Was it an openly publicised thing or was it an invite-only choreographed event for a scene in the documentary?

All I was told was they were having a Saints fans night at the pub on Sunday, and that there was a hope it could become a new tradition if it went well. Nothing about the documentary was mentioned to me. I'm assuming I was emailed about it because I'd got in touch with Adam Webb previously to send in some ideas after seeing the call-out on the club website.

Wasn't aware of it. Sunday night drinking isn't an option for me anyway so wouldn't have been able to go either way. 

Was definitely some staging going on for the documentary though. Seen photos of people bursting into song with a TV camera being shoved in their face. 

Hope everyone had a good time though. That's what it's all about. 

47 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

I didn't go last night (it's not really my kind of thing) but I'm desperately trying to figure out what the actual complaint is here. We actually have someone running the club who is actively trying to do a PR push, get out there and meet the fans in person, respond personally to emails, galvanise the existing fans and maybe even grow the support. As a result of all this we're on course to absolutely smash the attendance we'd normally get for an opening game of the season.

When was the last time Roddy, Stan, "Flax" (boke), the Browns or anyone else at the club actually made a serious effort to do any of the above? I'm pretty sure the answer is never. In any previous season we'd have been lucky to get 5,000 through the gate for this game, the only fan engagement we'd see would be a couple of tweets, and then Geoff would do an interview behind a paywall on the Courier a few weeks later where he'd moan about losing money and the fans not turning up.

I certainly know why it was done and I'm fully behind promoting the club, it's badly needed. Cheering and clapping at Webb's every word etc and I mean every word? c**t could've been saying I just tampered with your dog in the toilets and half the c***s in there would've been re-enacting Pier 39. Na you're alright, not for me.

1 hour ago, CrieffSaint said:

Anyone know the deal with the qualifying purchase history? Was trying to get tickets this morning but told I don't meet the criteria. Purchased for 4 matches last year and had a season ticket in 2022. 

Seems a bit odd as I was even replying to an email thread where I had purchased ticket from last year. 

Also interested in this as thought I might take the wee one up tonight, but when I logged in on Friday it said I didn't meet the criteria (despite being at both cup games). What exactly is the criteria? As its a sell out it doesn't really matter, but there will be plenty of other games this season where I suspect I won't be able to buy tickets when I may make a last minute decision to head up.

36 minutes ago, stevensanph said:

Also interested in this as thought I might take the wee one up tonight, but when I logged in on Friday it said I didn't meet the criteria (despite being at both cup games). What exactly is the criteria? As its a sell out it doesn't really matter, but there will be plenty of other games this season where I suspect I won't be able to buy tickets when I may make a last minute decision to head up.

If you'd contacted Bev on Friday she probably would've gave you free tickets.

Or if you'd mentioned on here someone could've got some from Adam Webb.

Edited by tree house tam

8 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

If you'd contacted Bev on Friday she probably would've gave you free tickets.

Or if you'd mentioned on here someone could've got some from Adam Webb.

Will remember for future, but then quite happy to pay - just wasn't able too. Is there some magic way to get our accounts authorised?

16 minutes ago, stevensanph said:

Will remember for future, but then quite happy to pay - just wasn't able too. Is there some magic way to get our accounts authorised?

Just the usual ask St Johnstone to put you on the list, explaining why you're confused you're not already on it.

I genuinely think you just had to reload the page after putting your email address in then click the match page again to get the plan up to buy tickets.

Yeah, mine kept coming up saying something like that the "seats have already been allocated" but when I refreshed it brought up the seating plan.

Can't believe this is a sell out tonight - hopefully people who've been given freebies actually turn up! Geoff certainly deserves it.

As others have said, this thing in the pub last night wouldn't have been my scene at all but hopefully it is just a small part of the fan engagement strategy.

3 hours ago, CrieffSaint said:

1 hour ago, stevensanph said:

If you're on the saints banter page on Facebook, I'd imagine a post looking for tickets might get you one