Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Despite the result the game was actually a decent watch. 

Raymond is a bit raw, but could come good with more games under his belt. I wouldn't be unhappy with Cameron and Nielson as a centre back pair, but Nielson is definitely not a right back.

Smith played reasonably well, MacPherson offered nothing. Essel was too naive and got bossed by Shinnie. Wright didn't really seem to get that involved.

Kimpioka definitely looked like our best attacking option. Sidibeh for me looked like someone who was desperate to score, to the detriment of anyone around him. Really didn't think he offered much, but in fairness the service was poor. 

Carey, Clark, and Kirk made a big impact on the game. For me Clark and Kimpioka need to start together, because neither Kimpioka or Sidibeh can hold a ball up and Kimpioka offers much more. 

We desperately need a street smart centre midfielder. That would take some pressure off the backline and potentially free up players like Carey or Smith to produce something. 

We're better than I feared but where we're weakest isn't a surprise. Aberdeen waltzed through the middle constantly and our defenders just didn't cope with Aberdeen's movement. 

Essel is going to get sent off a lot this season. If we're going to play him then it can't be beside Macpherson. 

Levein on the TV. 

"We played well... We started well".

I don't think I have the same view as Craig. 6 outa 10. 

The last 20 mins were alright but the first half was MILESSSSSS off what was required. 

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe

1 hour ago, DundeeSaint said:

For the amount of stick Matt Smith has been getting on here, he's been one of the best players on the park for us in this first half. 

Most of that was from me and, tbh, tonight he was pretty much the exact opposite of what I'd been claiming.

Zero complaints if he keeps that up.

Signing anyone so MacPherson never plays again is necessary. 

This might sound a bit scandalous, but I’m coming around to the view that it wouldn’t necessarily be the worst thing to get Sidibeh out and use those funds to strengthen elsewhere.

Edited by The Real Saints

Just now, The Real Saints said:

This might sound a bit scandalous, but I’m coming around to the view that it wouldn’t be the worst idea to get Sidibeh out and use those funds to strengthen elsewhere.

He drives me mad at times. 

His inability to make the correct decision at the edge of the box is infuriating. 

Shooting from 35 yards while off balance etc. 

Just now, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

His inability to make the correct decision at the edge of the box is infuriating. 

He'll definitely play in a top five league though ....

The boy needs to learn how to play football.

To expand on the MacPherson thing, every other player in that team tonight including the subs managed to show something that suggests they might be valuable for us this season, even while lots of them didn’t play very well. I don’t think there was a single moment in that game where I thought Cammy did something well, and yet there were so many Cami moments that made you dream of having Gary McDonald or Paul Paton back in the midfield. 

At least take him off set pieces for f**ks sake.

13 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Don't shoot you don't score.

But aye, he's a greedy b*****d really and it'll end up his downfall I imagine.

Kirk was impressive.