Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

1 minute ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

May’s ‘following’ list on Twitter makes for interesting reading. Robinson, Barton, Trump…

That’s purely for research purposes of course.

Make Stevie May Great Again

Fair enough re Gus. No idea why I’d thought that.

Yesterday I thought that termination of employment would’ve been extremely unlikely, but I think with every comment, and the now national news coverage, it’s becoming more likely under bringing the club and it’s reputation into disrepute.

Someone did say yesterday that his contract was very heavily appearance based so may be that we choose to just freeze him out.

8 minutes ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

May’s ‘following’ list on Twitter makes for interesting reading. Robinson, Barton, Trump…

Yeah I'd be surprised if MacPherson was alone amongst footballers in how he thinks tbh, I'm sure a surprising amount will be anti-vax too tbh.

10 minutes ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

he next for a P&B cancelling  ?

37 minutes ago, Arab_R_us said:

its coming, ive  already has a warning today 🤣  cant go against the narrative on here. its all very one sided and woke as f**k

It's always the person calling stuff "woke" that's upset the easiest. 

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe

1 hour ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Not a legal expert but I cannot see any outcome that results in his contract being terminated. 

I'm very anti Robinson as you've seen from some of the previous comments but I also don't think MacPherson should be punted for it either. 

Yes it's extremely stupid and I know often there is no heat without fire in terms of people generally don't retweet Robinson without being generally pro Tommy Robinson but...

You can't assume that though from one retweet and sack someone. That's dangerous territory. 

It's a bit of a jump between that retweet and "he's a far right racist"

Surely there will be something along the lines of "bringing the employer into disrepute" = gross misconduct and therefore sackable under his contract...?

7 minutes ago, Lanky Highlander said:

Surely there will be something along the lines of "bringing the employer into disrepute" = gross misconduct and therefore sackable under his contract...?

I have probably been one of the more outspoken due to my own personal experiences of the racism which has been incited by Robinson et al, but, as a business owner, I think it would be very difficult to sack him and be able to defend it at employment tribunal. TBH I'd respect Saints more if they just let him rot in the reserves.

What I'd much prefer is he realises the mistake he's made, and helps spread the message that immigrants are not the problem through community outreach. That would however require him to look at the evidence and realise he is being conned to believe what he believes by a bunch of men who have become very very rich by selling their snake oil.  Given the reaction to some of my posts on WAP, and his partners response on facebook, I doubt that is possible.