Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

12 minutes ago, d31 said:

Saints fans, how highly do you rate Sidibeh?

If the Dons are in for him I'd suspect he has a release clause and i'd suspect it's less than reported in the media.

Very raw. Physically strong and runs the channels well. Hold up play is ok but he tires really quickly because he's not played much football....both this pre season and generally in his career.

He's a player though...just not yet.

Aberdeen FC are doing my head in. Do your own scouting work and stop taking advantage of ours, you lazy b*****ds.

Having said that, imagine if Pete O'Rourke's total fabrications are being picked up by the mainstream media and there isn't any interest from Aberdeen whatsoever. Just imagine that.

3 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

Aberdeen FC are doing my head in. Do your own scouting work and stop taking advantage of ours, you lazy b*****ds.

Having said that, imagine if Pete O'Rourke's total fabrications are being picked up by the mainstream media and there isn't any interest from Aberdeen whatsoever. Just imagine that.

The Aberdeen article in P&J looks like it’s just lifted directly from Pete O’Rourke’s latest tweet.

3 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

Going back to McInnes’ time there when he took our goalie coach, physio and sports scientist as well as several players (and failed with others like trying to get Shaughnessy back), get f**ked Aberdeen 

5 minutes ago, DavidReid01 said:

The Aberdeen article in P&J looks like it’s just lifted directly from Pete O’Rourke’s latest tweet.

Yes indeed, 'Football Insider claims the Dons are ready...'.

A total non-story, just like 99.9% of Sidibeh reports since the end of last season. Very predictable.

18 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

😂

I think we've done ok.

29 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

I don't think you need to do much imagining.

54 minutes ago, d31 said:

Saints fans, how highly do you rate Sidibeh?

If the Dons are in for him I'd suspect he has a release clause and i'd suspect it's less than reported in the media.

He pish. So is Kimpioka. 

You're better off signing Stevie May. 

Sidibeh would be better staying with us for another 6-12 months, letting his body adjust to full time football, and develop his all round game, IMO.

He does that then he go a rung above Aberdeen from us rather than going to Aberdeen then trying to move on from there after another adjustment period.

But I don't think his agent has that sort of thought process in mind and just wants to milk as much out of Sidibeh transfers as he can.

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Sidibeh would be better staying with us for another 6-12 months, letting his body adjust to full time football, and develop his all round game, IMO.

He does that then he go a rung above Aberdeen from us rather than going to Aberdeen then trying to move on from there after another adjustment period.

But I don't think his agent has that sort of thought process in mind and just wants to milk as much out of Sidibeh transfers as he can.

I don't think there's ever been a case where fans of a club don't say this about a player that has the potential to be leaving them. We're the same with McCowan for different reasons.

Never fails to amuse me.

But but but but... Yesterday it was a done deal to Derby County?

Last week it was a done deal to Swansea?

Which club haven't they claimed he's moving to? The agent has evidently had contact from employees at these clubs and turned those into "stories". 

Eventually one of these stories will probably be true but we're well past cried wolf territory now already 😴

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Your last part is spot on; I genuinely feel quite sorry for him.

Being a young lad from Gambia, playing in the 7th tier of English football, he was always going to be vulnerable to characters like McKay. While agent's trying to tout their players for a move is not a new phenomenon, he is clearly just trying to milk him for every penny that he can. That's now nine clubs he's been 'linked' with, all by the same journalist.

I'd like to think someone at the club would be in his ear giving him a wee bit of advice, but I fear his agent has him brainwashed. Time will tell I suppose.

It's fascinating to see the standard of journalism in this country. P&J falls for an opportunistic fabricated report from Pete O'Rourke, and now PLZ Soccer picks it up from P&J. No research going into anything whatsoever.

Edited by The Real Saints

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

I don't think there's ever been a case where fans of a club don't say this about a player that has the potential to be leaving them. We're the same with McCowan for different reasons.

Never fails to amuse me.

It I'd true though, IMO. He's rising too quickly and will eventually come to a stop because he's not developing at the same speed.

He needs to get better all round.

Was almost worried when I saw the Daily Record had tweeted it, assuming it was Scott Burns or something. Far more relaxed in seeing Football Insider listed as the source. 

Think there’s no doubt that the agent is planting these stories in the hope that someone will bite. From our perspective, this isn’t the problem it could have been in seasons gone by. We still have Benji, Kirk, Clark and Ikpeazu and any funds will hopefully get us a decent midfielder and maybe even some defensive backup.

While I won’t be disappointed if Adama is still a Saints player after the window closes, I’m not going to lose any sleep if he leaves 

Just going back to when we signed him, there was lots of talk about all these League one and even some Championship clubs lining up for him at that point… probs reckon that was just the same nonsense that’s being posted now.