Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

24 minutes ago, DavidReid01 said:

For the love of god I’d definitely much prefer to sit in a soulless and silent McDiarmid with the odd cheer when a goal goes in, with maybe oh when the saints sung once every 3 games. That would make it so much better.

What a load of bollocks man… it would be horrific without them.

That's not what I said though, is it.  I'm not saying we shouldn't have them. What I'm saying is that it is bland. Songs need to be more original and saints specific. If we are going to have them, then the songs shouldn't just be a carbon copy of other fans groups. Doesn't have to be just banging a drum all game. They can start up the songs other fans know and grew up with.

4 minutes ago, Theyellowbox said:

That's not what I said though, is it.  I'm not saying we shouldn't have them. What I'm saying is that it is bland. Songs need to be more original and saints specific. If we are going to have them, then the songs shouldn't just be a carbon copy of other fans groups. Doesn't have to be just banging a drum all game. They can start up the songs other fans know and grew up with.

“But, for the love of God, do not encourage the FCU. As much as the background noise is welcome, I actually think they make the general atmosphere bland”

Perhaps encouraging them to be more involved in this sort of thing would help, perhaps it could’ve been one where a new club song was put out to tender and supporters groups were encouraged to be involved.

8 minutes ago, DavidReid01 said:

“But, for the love of God, do not encourage the FCU. As much as the background noise is welcome, I actually think they make the general atmosphere bland”

Perhaps encouraging them to be more involved in this sort of thing would help, perhaps it could’ve been one where a new club song was put out to tender and supporters groups were encouraged to be involved.

I think we are actually saying the same thing here. What I'm meaning is that we need the FCU to be doing more saints specific and original songs (like the Eses one) and not the same generic ones other clubs do, like 'perthshire/county/livi etc etc boys'. Whether it's Eses or a completely new song, make it unique and original.

When it's just a variation on what other teams sing, it's bland. What I do think these fans groups bring that is negative (possibly not FCU mind you as McDiarmid atmosphere can be shit) is that you get less singing by other fans in the way you used to do. 

5 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Don't overthink it. It's nothing more than an attempt at getting the older fans (45+) roused enough to do more at kick off than sitting down gently applauding.

65 year old myself 

Nothing better to start a game than oh when the Saints 

None of the other shit will do me

Wha the f**k has age to do with it though?

A saints song should be just that 

A saints song 

3 hours ago, Saintdunc said:

Can't see us getting anyone that could possibly improve us, or tbh, anyone in before the window shuts.

The Championship awaits, and Levein will deliver nothing except relegation from there.

You are easily overthinking boredom guy as the most tedious boring negative person on this site

Gies 🕊️ 

7 minutes ago, THE FAT MAN said:

65 year old myself 

Nothing better to start a game than oh when the Saints 

None of the other shit will do me

Wha the f**k has age to do with it though?

A saints song should be just that 

A saints song 

Shouldve put money on you being the first to bite. Old folk don't understand sarcasm.

1 minute ago, Costanza said:

Tick tock. Going to be some day tomorrow.

The collective heads gone when we sign one 22 year old on loan from Crawley is going to be a sight to behold

We ran out to the Eses tune for a season around 2014 ish I’m sure of it. 

Agree a bit with @Theyellowbox. Whilst the noise the young lads generate throughout quieter games is welcome, I think it’s killed the atmosphere amongst the rest of the support a bit.

Sometimes it’s just monotone songs with no reflection of what’s happening in the game. We’ll win a corner or attack and it’s the same song droning on whereas sometimes you feel a section or two of the East Stand would have joined in something rousing to get behind the team.

Don’t get me wrong, if I was a 14 year old in there with my mates I’m sure it’d be a great crack, and you probably wouldn’t give a toss about other fans joining in, and it’s definitely a much better atmosphere in lower profile matches, but in terms of getting Saints fans to join in at times in bigger games I think the McDiarmid atmosphere is worse.

Agree re the song book. Felt that, at times, the FCU have been singing songs the rest of the support don't know and can't join in with. Sure it's not been deliberate by it does feel bit like a droning noise sometimes. 

It feels shite because what we're watching on the park is shite. I don't think there's much more to it.

Edited by RandomGuy.

2 hours ago, tree house tam said:

Droning noise? Sounds like it with all you moaning c***s.

Treehouse Tam definitely has one of those wee scarves. Cute :wub:

26 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Treehouse Tam definitely has one of those wee scarves. Cute :wub:

They're silk, kind to your bum.

5 minutes ago, PSJ.84 said:

Must’ve asked for one on the train that time (or whatever the story was). 

:lol: aye, traded for the kilo's of coke I was offering them.

9 hours ago, mizfit said:

Fiction Factory - Feels like Heaven 

Local band, belting song. Get it done. 

Agreed - but maybe not as the walk on song. Definitely should be the full time anthem immediately played after the whistle. Has all the potential to be a genuine St. Johnstone anthem with scarfs held aloft.