Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

3 minutes ago, Enigma said:

If you give him a free reign and don’t have proper oversight, then yeah.

We don't have any form of structure above the manager, nor a scouting department. It's all on the manager.

I thought the point of Levein (and Martindale) was to have people in who were used to dealing with the whole football operation to allow us time to correct the structure, and then for that figure head to eventually move into the 'upstairs role'. 10 months on were no further forward on that front, with a visibly reduced playing budget and with a board who haven't got any experience in recruiting managers. I can see them interviewing someone like John Hughes and falling for shtick with the 'good honest laddies' and 'football philosophy' nonsense. 

Edited by Kyle

21 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Of those name I think only McGlynn has the experience to deal with a relegation battle. The one thing you can say about his teams is he’ll get the absolute best out of the players he has and they’ll give their all to the cause for him. Didn’t work out too badly last time he succeeded Levein in a job either… 

You’re absolutely desperate for it to be McGlynn. Get over it. 

14 minutes ago, Kyle said:

I thought the point of Levein (and Martindale) was to have people in who were used to dealing with the whole football operation to allow us time to correct the structure, and then for that figure head to eventually move into the 'upstairs role'. 10 months on were no further forward on that front, with a visibly reduced playing budget and with a board who haven't got any experience in recruiting managers. I can see them interviewing someone like John Hughes and falling for shtick with the 'good honest laddies' and 'football philosophy' nonsense. 

I feel like the previous board had little intention of doing anything beyond watching the clock until new owners came in.

They deserve a chance to make an appointment before being judged.

57 minutes ago, Nat King Goals said:

Whilst the idea of Tommy Wright returning, would IMO, be a great result, I think @tree house tam has confirmed previously that this will not happen.

On that basis, whilst I have championed Rhys McCabe in the past, and wouldn't be unhappy at that appointment, I reckon the standout appointment would be Peter Leven.

i know he turned down the Raith gig to stay at Aberdeen, but the togetherness, tactics, game management and results he achieved from a dire Aberdeen side in terms of confidence and bringing out the best in the players at his disposal, is for me, exactly what we need.

The very fact Thelin was desparate for Leven to stay at Aberdeen also speaks volumes.

i hope his name is on the list and at least make an effort to bring him in - it would show the fans that Webb is understanding what type of manager we need.

Only unfortunate thing is his surname being too close to the departed manager....

Blueheaven has spoken to him since I have and says he's definitely up for it.

I think a lot of the brain dead Saints fans who email Adam Webb or who call for managers to get sacked all the time should write to Webb and stake a claim for the job.

Lets be honest, the daft American c**t doesn’t really know what he’s doing and will go with whoever shouts the loudest.  Yogi Hughes should get typing his email to him right now, this is surely his time.

Keeping Kirk on is bizarre. 

3 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

I think a lot of the brain dead Saints fans who email Adam Webb or who call for managers to get sacked all the time should write to Webb and stake a claim for the job.

Lets be honest, the daft American c**t doesn’t really know what he’s doing and will go with whoever shouts the loudest.  Yogi Hughes should get typing his email to him right now, this is surely his time.

It's just said Kirk will take training as it stands, which was his job anyway and will continue to do so rather than throw everything into chaos in the build up to a huge game. Maybe they believe they already have a manager who can cone in this week, who knows the league and how County will play, and so doesn't need a huge amount of time to plan?

Not a fan of how folk are classing the new owners as dumb already tbh. This is a decision that makes sense if they think someone better is available and able to join quickly.

10 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

You should probably watch what you are saying. He is just in the door, let's judge him on his actions and not refer to him as what you just have.

2 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Let's just wait until this pans out either way before we all pick sides.

Pretty much, aye.

I've worried he's all talk so far and doing things just to curry favour with fans, but fine with sacking Levein as part of that.

To me him in charge was just us trying to tread water until we recover a foothold, but you can't do thar forever.

People are over thinking this and confusing the owners willingness to please fans with the fact Levein's record is shite.  

3 wins in the last 20 league fixtures.

Defeat to Airdie and Alloa in that time. Failing to beat Livi in multiple attempts. 

Zero home wins in 2024.

The facts are there for why Levein is out on his arse. 

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe