Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

1 hour ago, StandFree03 said:

Surely Chris Kane is going to bang them in this season? I thought he was the next big thing?

Ken. 

See we've already broken the Pates guaranteed starter clause. The club are now on a VERY sticky wicket legally imo. 

54 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Ken. 

See we've already broken the Pates guaranteed starter clause. The club are now on a VERY sticky wicket legally imo. 

Possibly that's why no other signings have been made. Paying compensation/legal fees.

1 hour ago, Kyle said:

See we've already broken the Pates guaranteed starter clause. The club are now on a VERY sticky wicket legally imo. 

I for one am shocked that we've been witness to another hopeless prediction. Chris Millar wasn't even available and Paton still didn't start! 

It was 5 goals in 10 domestic starts for Chris Kane last season. Must do better.

1 hour ago, Radford said:

I for one am shocked that we've been witness to another hopeless prediction. Chris Millar wasn't even available and Paton still didn't start! 

It was 5 goals in 10 domestic starts for Chris Kane last season. Must do better.

I think all of those goals were winners?

1 minute ago, skiblue said:

Is he any good?

I dont know what the level is like in League One, tbh, hes not good enough for the top flight though. We played Brechin a few weeks back and he barely had a touch and whenever he did, Willie Dyer dominated him. I wouldn't hold huge hopes of him being a star performer for you, tbh.

59 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

We played Brechin a few weeks back and he barely had a touch and whenever he did, Willie Dyer dominated him. I wouldn't hold huge hopes of him being a star performer for you, tbh.

What bothered me wasn't him struggling to get past Dyer (on a tight pitch) but the fact he didn't take it upon himself to go looking for the ball elsewhere. Alston replaced him and within a minute or two, worked his way inside and caused a problem for Brechin. Thomson just stood on the touchline and waited for the ball. Even if he improves that aspect of his game, he needs to have more in his locker. It's up to Saints to coach him on that front though, as much as on the player himself.

What bothered me wasn't him struggling to get past Dyer (on a tight pitch) but the fact he didn't take it upon himself to go looking for the ball elsewhere. Alston replaced him and within a minute or two, worked his way inside and caused a problem for Brechin. Thomson just stood on the touchline and waited for the ball. Even if he improves that aspect of his game, he needs to have more in his locker. It's up to Saints to coach him on that front though, as much as on the player himself.

He wasn't helped by Joe having an absolute shocker at right back that night.

When he came on against Bradford he showed some really good touches. I reckon he will do well down the leagues.

Me too.  He's had some good runs in matches, pace is devastating.  The 0-2 game at Well last December he ran with the ball about 60 yards before setting up a great chance for Kane.

He struggled to do it over 90 minutes but has shown some good stuff.  Wasn't he MOM in game v Accies back in January??  Young wide players often struggle for consistency.  I certainly haven't ruled him out making an impact at Saints yet.

Goalkeepers

1. Alan Mannus (34) - 2017

12. Zander Clark (24) - 2018

30. Mark Hurst (20) - 2018

------------------------------------------

YT. Ben McKenzie (18) - 2017

Defenders

2. Dave Mackay (34) - 2017

3. Tam Scobbie (28) - 2017

6. Steven Anderson (30) - 2018

14. Joe Shaughnessy (24) - 2017

15. Brad McKay (23) - 2017