Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

17 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

TW was spotted at Crusaders v Linfield during last week. 

Paul Heatley is a previous target, and one of the Crusaders fans think Gavin Whyte, a 22yo winger, was being watched too, but that's just fan speculation. 

Football based social media sites do appear to play a large part in your life don't they ?? 

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

TW was spotted at Crusaders v Linfield during last week. 

Paul Heatley is a previous target, and one of the Crusaders fans think Gavin Whyte, a 22yo winger, was being watched too, but that's just fan speculation. 

I like when you give us the fan insights from various sources, keep up the good work random, don't listen to the dirty kuffar.

4 hours ago, Kyle said:

He also says that he may not look to replace Maclean directly, with him talking about wanting to sign a versatile striker who can play wide as well as up top.

Sounds a bit like George Williams.

Goalkeepers

12. Zander Clark (2020)

Defenders

19. Richard Foster (2019)

5. Joe Shaughnessy (2019)

24. Brian Easton (2019)

23. Liam Gordon (2019)

14. Aaron Comrie (2019)

15. Jason Kerr (2020) 

Midfielders

10. David Wotherspoon (2019)

26. Liam Craig (2019)

20. Kyle McClean (2019)

21. Stefan Scougall (2019)

??. Ali McCann

Strikers

16. David McMillan (2020)

25. Chris Kane (2020) 

Out of contract;

Alan Mannus 

Mark Hurst

Ben McKenzie

Keith Watson 

Steven Anderson 

Scott Tanser

Blair Alston 

Chris Millar

Murray Davidson 

Callum Hendry 

Greg Hurst 

Loans Expired

Matty Willock

George Williams

Denny Johnstone

Leaving the Club

Steven Maclean  :bairn

14 first team  players signed up for next season, 11 out of contract, 3 loans expiring and one player definitely leaving the club. Bearing in mind we're now more than half way through April, the club have got a busy few weeks ahead.

Of those out of contract/who's loans are expiring, we know that Tanser has an offer on the table (he confirmed it in an interview a few weeks ago), we're interested in making Williams a permanent signing (confirmed by the manager) and that the manager mentioned that he expects Hendry to be here next season when discussing our striking options ( in this morning's Courier). In the same interview, Wright noticeably doesn't mention Denny Johnstone so you have to assume he wont be offered anything. Millar and Watson have previously been told they're free to find new clubs and I don't see that changing - both have been in squads recently but neither have played many minutes. No real idea what's going on with the rest as yet.

Edited by Kyle

1 hour ago, tree house tam said:

I like when you give us the fan insights from various sources, keep up the good work random, don't listen to the dirty kuffar.

Actually if you read my comment again there was no criticism at all.I was only pointing out that Randy does appear to spend a inordinate amount of time on social media sites...Fair play to him 

I must have offended you with my initial post. That wasnt my intention although you may want to visit a dentist before that exposed nerve causes another implausible overreaction.

Bit of a slap in the puss from one of your all time heroes to be holding up the scarf of the team he's signing for whilst currently still being employed, paid and expected to play a part in another 5 or so games for you IMO.

9 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Bit of a slap in the puss from one of your all time heroes to be holding up the scarf of the team he's signing for whilst currently still being employed, paid and expected to play a part in another 5 or so games for you IMO.

Yes. It's immensely disappointing to see him holding a scarf of a club he's just signed for, as part of an official announcement of his signing. 

Personally feel its destroyed his whole legacy here tbqh.