Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

11 minutes ago, Kyle said:

He did do a shite in mine and I loved him all the more for it. Ended up selling it to Honest Saints Fan for a small fortune too.

Genuinely the best thing I've ever paid for.

I couldn't give a f**k what Macca gets up to in his last few weeks here. He is a beautiful man and can do no wrong.:wub:

58 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Probably! He did well for us before he went to you though.

In the immediate aftermath of John Connolly moving from QoS to St Johnstone he tried to unsettle a few of our players and entice them to follow him to Perth, failing with attempts to get Steve Bowey and Eric Paton in particular to move. Eventually a pre-contract offer to David Bagan was accepted and, rather than keep relatively quiet on it as most clubs do, St Johnstone had him pictured in the main stand waving a St Johnstone scarf above his head on their website in January, six months before he was due to sign. It was a pretty obvious deliberate attempt to unsettle the relationship between player and existing club and it worked. Bagan moved a week or so later rather than wait to June. His position with us was fairly untenable by the way it was done.

Still, much better relationship between the clubs since then to be fair. St Johnstone made up for everything and a whole lot more by allowing Stephen Dobbie to join us, never mind the successes of David Weatherston, Derek Holmes, Mark Durnan, Zander Clark, Jason Kerr & Chris Kane (and anyone else I've missed) since. :)

That's not good. I shall allow you the rolling eyes on this occasion. 

That's rotten news but probably the most easily replaced of the 3 stalwarts going with Clark already on our books.

This summer truly is the end of an incredible era for Saints. At least 3 cup winners going and no confirmation on the future of Anderson and Davidson yet. 

4 hours ago, Kyle said:

Goalkeepers

12. Zander Clark (2020)

Defenders

19. Richard Foster (2019)

5. Joe Shaughnessy (2019)

24. Brian Easton (2019)

23. Liam Gordon (2019)

14. Aaron Comrie (2019)

15. Jason Kerr (2020) 

Midfielders

10. David Wotherspoon (2019)

26. Liam Craig (2019)

20. Kyle McClean (2019)

21. Stefan Scougall (2019)

??. Ali McCann

Strikers

16. David McMillan (2020)

25. Chris Kane (2020) 

Out of contract;

Mark Hurst

Ben McKenzie

Keith Watson 

Steven Anderson 

Scott Tanser

Blair Alston 

Chris Millar

Murray Davidson 

Callum Hendry 

Greg Hurst 

Loans Expired

Matty Willock

George Williams

Denny Johnstone

Leaving the Club

Alan Mannus :bairn

Steven Maclean  :bairn

14 first team  players signed up for next season, 10 out of contract, 3 loans expiring and two players definitely leaving the club. Bearing in mind we're now more than half way through April, the club have got a busy few weeks ahead.

Of those out of contract/who's loans are expiring, we know that Tanser has an offer on the table (he confirmed it in an interview a few weeks ago), we're interested in making Williams a permanent signing (confirmed by the manager) and that the manager mentioned that he expects Hendry to be here next season when discussing our striking options ( in this morning's Courier). In the same interview, Wright noticeably doesn't mention Denny Johnstone so you have to assume he wont be offered anything. Millar and Watson have previously been told they're free to find new clubs and I don't see that changing - both have been in squads recently but neither have played many minutes. No real idea what's going on with the rest as yet.

You're killing me, St Johnstone.

2 hours ago, 7-2 said:

That's a pity but understandable given it was his choice to go home.  Wanted him to stay but it's not too bad when we've a little conveyor belt of keepers on the go though. 

Hurst had potential a few years ago, don't know how he's been doing lately though, should be good as cover at least. Tommy will be cumming in his pants at the budget.

Edited by tree house tam
Stupid phone

2 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Hurst had potential a few years ago, don't know how has been doing lately though, should be good as cover at least. Tommy will be cumming in his pants at the budget.

Just noticed from Kyle's list Hurst's out of contract too! 

I think Hurst struggled out on loan tbh, I'd be a bit nervous about him being second choice. 

Totally understand why both Mannus and MacLean are leaving, still hard to take though, they've been key players for a long time now. 

19 minutes ago, 7-2 said:

Just noticed from Kyle's list Hurst's out of contract too! 

I've liked McKenzie most times I've seen him. All depends if Clark can play 35 games a season, if he could I'd go with a youngster. It's a big gamble but Tommy has said this is the summer for change....