Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

I have a question for perthsaint77 (I think that’s it). I’m 99% sure you said that the Joma deal was ending this season, is that right? If so - do you have any more news on who our new kit manufacturers will be? I haven’t bought a new Saints kit ever (only go retro because of Joma) but I’m excited at the prospect of this changing next season.

I would like to kick off a discussion right now about what would be a fantastic kit manufacturer for St. Johnstone Football Club. Let me get the ball rolling - I think Kappa kits would be swell. They are a tight fit, so they might suit those with a muscular physique (yours truly) but not those with fat bellies (tree house tam.)

Either that or Le Coq Sportif. Think how good that would be, a Saints kit made by Le Coq Sportif. Saints crest on one side, glorious cockerel on the other.

We are going for Hummel [emoji2]

I'd say Macron would be a possibility

Macron would be good I think, we’d get the correct shade of blue and going by other teams Macron kits (Hibs, QoS and Well) it would be a fine kit.

I’m still holding out for sexy Kappa numbers though. One can dream.

I have a question for perthsaint77 (I think that’s it). I’m 99% sure you said that the Joma deal was ending this season, is that right? If so - do you have any more news on who our new kit manufacturers will be? I haven’t bought a new Saints kit ever (only go retro because of Joma) but I’m excited at the prospect of this changing next season.

I would like to kick off a discussion right now about what would be a fantastic kit manufacturer for St. Johnstone Football Club. Let me get the ball rolling - I think Kappa kits would be swell. They are a tight fit, so they might suit those with a muscular physique (yours truly) but not those with fat bellies (tree house tam.)

Either that or Le Coq Sportif. Think how good that would be, a Saints kit made by Le Coq Sportif. Saints crest on one side, glorious cockerel on the other.

Yeah I did. I was told macron at the start of this season .

Assume the "younger one" is Hendry? 

Two senior players will be Anderson and Davidson. And you'd assume Tanser fits into the senior option, or the extension one. Probably Alston too. 

Mark Hurst

Ben McKenzie

Keith Watson 

Steven Anderson 

Scott Tanser

Blair Alston 

Chris Millar

Murray Davidson 

Callum Hendry 

Greg Hurst 

Unless  we're offering players with a year left on their deal new contracts, then this is the options.

Agree - Alston, Tanser, Davidson, Anderson and Hendry seem certain. The final two are more difficult though - I can't see Watson or Millar being one (although perhaps Millar has triggered an option somewhere). The two Hursts haven't set the lower likes alight on loan either. Greg Hurst is a couple of years younger though I suppose he might get Craig Thomson'd. That leaves McKenzie (who could be the young player, with Hendry making up one of the other 4)?

Just now, Lang Toon Saintee said:

I reckon that one of the seven is Williams 

I reckon Williams could be one of the two new signings.

Here's the quote from TW this morning;

“Without going into any real detail, offers have been made to five (current players) if you include one of the younger players. There are two with clauses which I’m expecting them to initiate."

Does that read as 5 + 2 extension clauses or 5 including 2 extension clauses?  He's obviously separated them out which suggests 7 but the way that reads it could just as easily be 5.

“We have two who have agreed in principal to come to us next season,” he said. “They just need to be finalised in terms of a medical and actually signing the agreement.

Gulp.

So it’s guys who are out of contract elsewhere by the sounds of it, unless we’ve agreed fees already with the clubs they’re with and will wait to announce until he end of the season. Intriguing none the less.

It seems that Wright’s comments about positive meetings with the chairman were accurate as, he’s actually getting players he wants in and early. Refreshing to say the least. If it comes off of course.

40 minutes ago, 7-2 said:

“We have two who have agreed in principal to come to us next season,” he said. “They just need to be finalised in terms of a medical and actually signing the agreement.

Gulp.

It's St Johnstone. If they can get through the front door of McDiarmid on their crutches, they'll pass.

3 minutes ago, Widge said:

So it’s guys who are out of contract elsewhere by the sounds of it, unless we’ve agreed fees already with the clubs they’re with and will wait to announce until he end of the season. Intriguing none the less.

It seems that Wright’s comments about positive meetings with the chairman were accurate as, he’s actually getting players he wants in and early. Refreshing to say the least. If it comes off of course.

Definitely, it'll be nice to agree deals with players who haven't been released yet :lol:

Schalk as one of them pls.