Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

36 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

I see the club have officially advertised the Marketing role now. 

RandomGuy get it applied for!!!*

*only if you're happy to work for a pittance. 

I'd love it but no chance I'd do a job like that any terms of justice. Not convinced it'll be overly appealing to anyone without any affiliation to the club, tbh, its far too much work for one person to manage. 

Edited by RandomGuy.

Very tempting. TRS is coming home.

On another note, why do I keep seeing the phrase 'Hated, adored, but never ignored' on the St. Johnstone Banter FB page? We are not The Rangers. Nobody hates us, really. And we are almost universally ignored.

1 minute ago, The Real Saints said:

Very tempting. TRS is coming home.

On another note, why do I keep seeing the phrase 'Hated, adored, but never ignored' on the St. Johnstone Banter FB page? We are not The Rangers. Nobody hates us, really. And we are almost universally ignored.

I'm happy to be your campaign manager, The Real Saints. 

The St Johnstone Banter facebook page is like a strange twilight zone best avoided.

Wild unsubstantiated rumour thread for this pish type post coming up. 

Apparently O'Halloran was told he'd be getting a second chance at Rangers under Gerrard. The photo of him at the Final, and resultant fan pressure, has taken the chance away from him. 

Over the past few days, Rangers have offered him the chance to negotiate a pay off to release him, but he's refused to talk about it. 

Rangers want about £300k-£400k for him, which is close to what his remaining contract costs. I'm not overly unconvinced offering £250k wouldn't be accepted, I'm also not unconvinced it would worth forking out that type of sum for him. 

I'm aware we'll never spend that fee on a player, but surely he's exactly the profile of player we should be using our obscene bank account money on. 

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Wild unsubstantiated rumour thread for this pish type post coming up. 

Apparently O'Halloran was told he'd be getting a second chance at Rangers under Gerrard. The photo of him at the Final, and resultant fan pressure, has taken the chance away from him. 

Over the past few days, Rangers have offered him the chance to negotiate a pay off to release him, but he's refused to talk about it. 

Rangers want about £300k-£400k for him, which is close to what his remaining contract costs. I'm not overly unconvinced offering £250k wouldn't be accepted, I'm also not unconvinced it would worth forking out that type of sum for him. 

I'm aware we'll never spend that fee on a player, but surely he's exactly the profile of player we should be using our obscene bank account money on. 

Never going to happen. Wasted your time typing that imo.

7 hours ago, The Real Saints said:

I can't imagine a single person hating St Johnstone. Even the rivalry with Dundee is just an emotionless fling while United try to differentiate their arse from their elbow in the Championship.

52 minutes ago, The Saintee said:

Wasted your time typing that imo.

Why change the habit of a lifetime etc. etc. 

4 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

I can't imagine a single person hating St Johnstone. Even the rivalry with Dundee is just an emotionless fling while United try to differentiate their arse from their elbow in the Championship.

@StandFree03

I think it’s healthy for Saints to have a rivalry with Dundee, and while they may not be bothered by us - we will still go to Dens Park and give them dogs abuse for the day and remind them that their team is shit and hasn’t won anything significant in living memory.

35 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

Partick, Dundee, Falkirk and now Dunfermline fans lining up to get a dig in, the bitterness is #delicious. 

Am I being wooshed? That was in no way a dig.

I actually like the posters on here. Seem to have a few that right decent length posts about their club, which I find fun to read as an absolute football dork.

34 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

I actually like the posters on here. Seem to have a few that right decent length posts about their club, which I find fun to read as an absolute football dork.

giphy.gif

39 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Am I being wooshed? That was in no way a dig.

^^ Big team found

etc

I love making long posts so PotM and I are a perfect match :wub:   

I also like arguing with opposition supporters and RandomGuy.  It soothes the soul. 

Edited by Kyle

35 minutes ago, Kyle said:

I love making long posts so PotM and I are a perfect match :wub:   

I also like arguing with opposition supporters and RandomGuy.  It soothes the soul. 

Do we argue and I just don't realise it? :lol: