Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

1 hour ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

Easton, Jo, Kane & Mclean all injured..

Easton suffering issues related to injury that kept him out most of last season. 

No surprise Kane is injured either. He regularly is. 

Jo suffered some form of cut near his knee over the summer that was reopened by preseason training. 

See TW saying hes considering signing another left back, maybe Eastons card is now marked ala Millar.. 

Read a few days ago Andy Driver had played all of last season as wing back/full back, and the season before as a left winger. Feels like he could be a player we now sign based on that versatility. 

26 minutes ago, Radford said:

Richard Foster is perfectly capable of playing at left back and has done so for all his clubs. There is no need for the manager to waste budget on another full back.

Hi Steve! Hiya pal!

41 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

100% this. We need a pacy winger and a central midfielder as a minimum. Get those sorted and if there’s any budget left and he wants to fanny about spending it on an extra defender that we don’t need then get one in after the rest of the squad is sorted. 

One of my very few criticisms of Tommy is his compulsion to sign full backs when we have much more pressing concerns. Fullbackaholic. 

I'd argue we need another striker more than a left back too. 

56 minutes ago, The Woolshed said:

It’s almost as if Brown wants us to fail. Assuming it’s him being a tight arse it’s very very frustrating.

I think it's harsh to start claiming he's desperate for us to fail based on us only signing one player by the start of July, tbh, maybe just me though. 

1 hour ago, The Woolshed said:

It’s almost as if Brown wants us to fail. Assuming it’s him being a tight arse it’s very very frustrating.

What if it was agreed between manager and chairman last season that youth would play a far bigger part and that signing  squad fillers was being phased out?

Then I think that’s a very bold strategy given how we performed at times last season. The squads just looking very threadbare to me and whilst I like the look of our starting 11, I’m not convinced when the inevitable injuries occur, we’ll cope. I’ve a lot of time and respect for both Brown and Wright, I’d just like to see another 2/3 brought in for freshness as much as anything.

With only 15 established outfield players, Saints will sign at least four players before the window closes. The manager has done well to free up budget and he wouldn't be hanging around if he wasn't getting it back.

Since last summer, he's got Thomson, Gilchrist, Cummins, Paton, Mannus, Millar, MacLean and Watson off the wage bill and only signed McMillan and Wright. In numbers terms, the squad has been boosted two or three loan players as well over that period.

We should have more than enough to get out of our League Cup group, so with no Europe, there hasn't been a panic to sign players and that's no bad thing. New faces will be coming into a fairly settled group so it's right to execute patience. The time as always to judge business is after the window closes at the end of August.

“Midgey and Dave Mackay had a real love-hate relationship. The way it worked was that Midgey loved Dave and Dave hated Midgey."

Ando talking about Millar :lol:

11 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

It's been a while since I revealed one of my exclusive #ITK pieces of information. The moment has come..

A former Hearts and Aberdeen winger, most recently plying his trade in Holland, will start training with the club tomorrow.

It's Juanma isn't it?