Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

58 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

I don't think many Saints fans didn't want Swanson in the team at all. He was our best player in both spells here.

Its okay. I imagined the people moaning about him. 

Thankfully the minority but heard a few unfounded moaners. Particularly when there was talk of him returning. 

Not that it really matters, they were wrong!!

Edited by Mr Positive, sometimes.

3 hours ago, Radford said:

Why would you want to spend a season moulding a player that doesn't even belong to you?

You could say the same about Watt though, a player that does belong to us. Why spend a season trying to get someone back on track when they'll probably be off at the end of the season either way? 

29 minutes ago, 7-2 said:

You could say the same about Watt though, a player that does belong to us. Why spend a season trying to get someone back on track when they'll probably be off at the end of the season either way? 

I don't think the manager is trying to mould him into anything else, almost the opposite, as he's going to play him as a centre forward. I'll be quite happy if Watt has a great season but we lose him, the deal will have suited everyone.

Bringing Willock in is fine but not to play a role that doesn't suit him, especially if there is little long-term chance of Saints benefiting from it.

Edited by Radford

14 minutes ago, Radford said:

I don't think the manager is trying to mould him into anything else, almost the opposite, as he's going to play him as a centre forward. I'll be quite happy if Watt has a great season but we lose him, the deal will have suited everyone.

Bringing Willock in is fine but not to play a role that doesn't suit him, especially if there is little long-term chance of Saints benefiting from it.

I get what you mean but it's the principle I was really meaning.  With both, time has to be spent getting them ready to fully contribute then when/if they do, they'd more than likely be off to other clubs. To me it's basically the same so it doesn't really matter if they're signed or on loan. The only possible benefit of one being our player is that we could possibly get a fee for him in January if he does well early enough. 

1 hour ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

Its okay. I imagined the people moaning about him. 

Thankfully the minority but heard a few unfounded moaners. Particularly when there was talk of him returning. 

Not that it really matters, they were wrong!!

Aye? Where the f**k do you sit?

Move as far away from there as possible before you punch someone. 

4 hours ago, Radford said:

I was talking to a coach at one of Watt's  former clubs yesterday. He said that Watt was had talent,that he is skillful, strong,and quite quick..However he has a very bad attitude,loves himself and would not listen to anything that he was told.He had to pull him up during training for lack of effort and Watt said what do I need to run for when I can play football..He also  said that Watt was thick and had nothing between his ears..He was of the opinion that Watt plays well for each new club for a short time but after he settles in the bad attitude comes out again 

4 hours ago, Lang Toon Saintee said:

I was talking to a coach at one of Watt's  former clubs yesterday. He said that Watt was had talent,that he is skillful, strong,and quite quick..However he has a very bad attitude,loves himself and would not listen to anything that he was told.He had to pull him up during training for lack of effort and Watt said what do I need to run for when I can play football..He also  said that Watt was thick and had nothing between his ears..He was of the opinion that Watt plays well for each new club for a short time but after he settles in the bad attitude comes out again 

He probably does love himself. Being a youth at a club like Celtic too probably helps to stroke ego's too. Facilities and everything in their favour. 

Probably stating the obvious but he's going to be 1 of 2 kinds of person. One that doesn't accept he's failed up to now and unwilling to accept a change in attitude is required which will lead to him playing part time, working amongst you and I Mon-Fri. Goodwillie etc OR the opposite, he does realise he's got to get the finger out and work hard to reach his potential.

I for one was really not sure about him signing. I've of course not seen much of him but it seemed like there was something about his performance when he came on yesterday that made me believe the penny had indeed dropped. 

We'll see. 

For those who say we need a midfielder to replace Midge. I agree completely. It would seem based on signings up to now TW wants to go back to 4 at the back. Either way, 3-5-2 or 4-4-2 (or variations of) the individuals playing CB in 4 at the back of in the 3 at the back are not good enough in possession to go without a Midge replacement.

Spoony has yet to prove he can play that role against better opposition. Muzz, while I love everything about him as a Saints player, one thing he's not is a midfielder who's comfortable in possession. 

Edited by Mr Positive, sometimes.

11 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

He probably does love himself. Being a youth at a club like Celtic too probably helps to stroke ego's too. Facilities and everything in their favour. 

Probably stating the obvious but he's going to be 1 of 2 kinds of person. One that doesn't accept he's failed up to now and unwilling to accept a change in attitude is required which will lead to him playing part time, working amongst you and I Mon-Fri. Goodwillie etc OR the opposite, he does realise he's got to get the finger out and work hard to reach his potential.

I for one was really not sure about him signing. I've of course not seen much of him but it seemed like there was something about his performance when he came on yesterday that made me believe the penny had indeed dropped. 

We'll see. 

For those who say we need a midfielder to replace Midge. I agree completely. It would seem based on signings up to now TW wants to go back to 4 at the back. Either way, 3-5-2 or 4-4-2 (or variations of) the individuals playing CB in 4 at the back of in the 3 at the back are not good enough in possession to go without a Midge replacement.

Spoony has yet to prove he can play that role against better opposition. Muzz, while I love everything about him as a Saints player, one thing he's not is a midfielder who's comfortable in possession. 

Agreed Muzz does a lot of great things like closing down,tackling,breaking up play,and scores his fair share of goals.But no,he is not comfortable on the ball and his range of passing is limited..Regarding Watt I really hope that he has matured and comes good..We will just need to wait and see 

9 hours ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

We'll see. 

Not Sure Watt came through the Celtic youth set up. I seem to remember we along with a lot of other teams looking at him when he was at Airdrie. He must have been a youth when they signed him (Celtic) but he was then used in the first team squad rather than brought up the "Celtic way" I suppose, your point still stands though and maybe is more relevant in that he thought he had made it, that goal against Barca also did him no favours in that respect, (Although it is an astounding memory for him). he needs to think back to where it all begun at Airdrie his team mates then etc etc,      

Seems to be going well for Gary the PR man, anyone read the "decade of achievement " piece on the official  site?

My laddie could write a better, more factual write up than that pish. Seemingly we played Dinamo Minsk and Macca scored over in Rosenborg, stopped reading after that nonsense. Who actually oversees these utter welts?

3 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

In fairness, and having two glaring errors in the write up is pretty poor, the rest of the article is good and it’s good content to be putting out, something that we’ve been missing in recent times. Just proof read it next time. 

Although that Dinamo Minsk mistake is something that is a regular mistake and makes my blood boil. It’s not difficult stuff ffs.

I'd prefer nothing to shite like that. The thought was there but how can anyone who's meant to be a Saints fan get that so wrong? He's getting paid to do that, that's his fucking job, he's not a volunteer he's actually getting paid. I'd be giving him a written warning in the morning,  fucking stupid c**t!