Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

1 hour ago, akuram said:

I find the 4G in the main stand very very slow, does anyone else find this?
Game yesterday proves to me that Steven Anderson must be in the heart of that defence as he always gives 100% and is not afraid to put in a tackle. 18 goals lost so far is very poor and we must get back to being difficult to beat.

Yes agree we need to go back to being solid at the back. 94 attempts at goal against us over the four tough matches we've just played.

Clark

Shaughnessy Kerr Anderson Foster

Alston Davidson Craig  Wright

Scougall

McMillan

Or Watt striker with McMillan off him.  Trying to find the most solid 4 across midfield.

If agree Anderson and Craig both need to come back in. I also agree that Wright on the left hand side would give Tanser the defensive support he needs. If he gets dropped now, may as well not play the guy, his confidence will be gone and we kinda need a left back. I think a return to 4-4-2/4-5-1 is needed. Watt up front is a must and willing runners behind him as well. Whilst it’s probably harsh to drop Alston from the team as he’s been our best player in recent weeks, he’s totally wasted out wide and for that reason I’d be dropping him.

Clark

Foster - Kerr - Anderson - Tanser

Wotherspoon - Davidson - Craig - Wright

McMillan - Watt

Don't think we need to hugely over react tbh, but under performing players need dropped.

Clark

Foster - Anderson - Kerr - Tanser

Wright - Davidson - Craig - Kennedy 

McMillan - Watt

Alston replaces Davidson if he can't make it. Kennedy doesnt deserve a start based on form tbh, but harsh to judge him over the run of games we've just had considering he's just joined.

Edited by RandomGuy.

Sure he was "seeing a consultant" at the end of September time but hadnt even started training on grass yet. Unfortunately hip injuries seem to be career enders, and I'm worried that's the case here.
Good job he hasn't got a hip injury then [emoji6] .
I find it strange that people are blaming Tommy for Sunday. Regardless of personnel, tactics, formation or whatever else you want to lay at the manager's door - if professional football players decide to play without heart, fight or professional fucking pride, then you're going to get gubbed. Very unfair to blame Tommy for that gutless shitebaggery.

3 minutes ago, The Marly said:

Good job he hasn't got a hip injury then emoji6.png .
I find it strange that people are blaming Tommy for Sunday. Regardless of personnel, tactics, formation or whatever else you want to lay at the manager's door - if professional football players decide to play without heart, fight or professional fucking pride, then you're going to get gubbed. Very unfair to blame Tommy for that gutless shitebaggery.

It's his squad. Players he's signed and plays. He shouldn't be immune to criticism. 

It's his squad. Players he's signed and plays. He shouldn't be immune to criticism. 
No he shouldn't be. You're absolutely right. However, on Sunday the performance and attitude of most of our players was such that we could have had Guardiola in the dugout and it would still have been 6-0.

There's a difference between criticism and blaming someone for someone else's shortcomings.

9 minutes ago, The Marly said:

No he shouldn't be. You're absolutely right. However, on Sunday the performance and attitude of most of our players was such that we could have had Guardiola in the dugout and it would still have been 6-0.

There's a difference between criticism and blaming someone for someone else's shortcomings.

I'm not convinced at all that because the players were poor that the manager can't also be. Some players performances were dreadful, but so was the set up, we had three attack minded midfielders in a defensive tactic, it was daft.

5 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

It seems we have found our new left back.

He's the central midfielder we signed on loan, well played Tommy.

Tbf he played left back a few times for Ipswich last season, wouldn't be a shock if TW had that in mind when going for him.

On ‎28‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 15:33, McG said:

Willock looks a player lads :thumsup2

Doesn't look like it McG , if we had some more grit in the team we could maybe afford him in there somewhere , but too many fairies I'm afraid !

2 minutes ago, billyg said:

Doesn't look like it McG , if we had some more grit in the team we could maybe afford him in there somewhere , but too many fairies I'm afraid !

Don't aggravate him or he'll "take the site down for maintenance" again.

Haven't seen it mentioned here or elsewhere (admittedly couldn't bring myself to read the match report). Was Foster subbed due to injury on Sunday or was he about to start snapping teammates necks again?

Yet in the cup you didn't get beat that badly ?

So he got it right the first time ( well still lost ) and second game you got pumped.

So the manager I presume changed something?
Yes he made changes. There's no doubt Tommy has to take some of the blame, but equally the players have to hold their hands up and admit that the way they chucked it for the last 20 minutes of the first half is more their fault than the manager's.

6 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

You just said you found it strange people were blaming the manager? I don't disagree the players are also to blame but the manager has to take blame also.
The first comment you made you did not say this.

Yet took off Foster just before half time was an odd one. However second half wasn't so bad.

I watched both games and second game yes Celtic played better but tactics he made a c**t of it

Foster seemed to be injured.

He definitely fucked it though. Can't blame him for Tanser slipping and Callachan not actually marking folk, but Celtic were allowed to build a head of steam after the first thanks to Wotherspoon giving them the ball, and a free run at goal, every three seconds. Something that surprised absolutely nobody, as it's something he's always done when played there. His decision to play Wotherspoon, Alston and Callachan in the middle, and then moaning that nobody in the middle was able to put in a tackle or get near to Celtic players has me seething away inside, don't pick pea hearted shitehawks/Paul Paton if you're wanting folk to be able to physically and technically compete with Celtics midfield, and definitely don't pick those three if you're expecting them to get up and down the park and be solid defensively.