Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Mays contract runs until 2021.

To my mind that's the likeliest time he'll rejoin us as I cant see us paying the money Aberdeen likely want.

With the form hes shown at Aberdeen, I can't see any benefit to us signing him on loan.

At last, some sense on this

5 minutes ago, YHallSaint said:

Anyway to watch the game tonight?

Saints TV say it's just live commentary, but its showing up on some streaming sites, so theres a chance it'll be on one of those. 

No idea if Glentoran have their own streaming service?

2 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

Have never seen Hendry that I am aware of but don't think Kane has improved much beyond when I first saw him (goal at Pittodrie in a St J's win if I remember correctly). I can't confidently say your club should take him but I think he'd do a job at most teams in the league, including mine.

Hes about to turn 21 and his record in the Championship is 5 in 14.

At the same age Chris Kane scored 6 in 10 for Dumbarton at the same level.

I've absolutely no idea why you think hes any better, or how we'd somehow benefit from him. Itll probably bite me on the arse but forgive me if I file him under "half decent lower league striker who'll never make it in the top flight, but will still spend the whole time being overhyped by his own clubs fans".

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I've absolutely no idea why you think hes any better, or how we'd somehow benefit from him. Itll probably bite me on the arse but forgive me if I file him under "half decent lower league striker who'll never make it in the top flight, but will still spend the whole time being overhyped by his own clubs fans".

He has the potential to be a good goalscorer, or as you say a mediocre lower league striker. The jury is still out.

We need a diddy side to find that out for us, so please oblige.

9 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Ok.

IMG_0953.jpg

Anyone know if this is still available to buy? Going through a box of my dads old football memorabilia and he has two copies. Only ones I could find online were on amazon but they were $60 and I’m guessing it isn’t worth as much as that

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/4441474/st-johnstone-danny-swanson-mls-bouncer-attack/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1562164009

So, Swanson was due to move to an MLS team but that move is now in doubt because of his fracas a few months ago. His solicitor said as much at his sentencing at court.

It's not that surprising given his lack of game time - possibly even explains why he's been no where to be seen at times - but surely the club should be communicating a potential move away like this if it is as far down the line as it seems to be? Certainly the first I've heard of it.

Edited by Kyle

1 minute ago, Dick Van Dyke said:

Anyone who has saintsTV is it worth it? 

During the season it was good if you like manager interviews, players interviews and the match highlights. You can watch full matches too. During the close season I've nearly cancelled it a few times - they went about 6 weeks without any content whatsoever. 

If it wasn't money that's going to Saints I probably would've cancelled by now to be honest but it's decent enough.

1 minute ago, Kyle said:

During the season it was good if you like manager interviews, players interviews and the match highlights. You can watch full matches too. During the close season I've nearly cancelled it a few times - they went about 6 weeks without any content whatsoever. 

If it wasn't money that's going to Saints I probably would've cancelled by now to be honest but it's decent enough.

I’m sick of getting half interviews from the twitter page.  If Swanson was to leave would we get a fee? 

Just now, Dick Van Dyke said:

I’m sick of getting half interviews from the twitter page.  If Swanson was to leave would we get a fee? 

Doubtful. I reckon we'd cut our losses and just put the £1,500 per week (according to that article) into bringing someone else in.

You can watch live games from Saints TV, and reserve highlights, so it's worth it for me, but they should probably have some scheme to prevent you paying for June/July when theres nothing happening on it, or fill that time with classic matches or that.

Edited by RandomGuy.

3 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Doubtful. I reckon we'd cut our losses and just put the £1,500 per week (according to that article) into bringing someone else in.

The way TW  has been talking  so far I can see Swanson leaving and not being replaced 

Quite possibly - the someone else could be this mythical 15 goal a season striker. The manager pours some cold water on expectations for the new striker though. He uses Conor Washington and Lawrence Shankland as examples and said we couldn't afford those types of players. He's looking for a player with the potential to score 15 goals, not one that guarantees it. 

Most likely a jobber incoming.