Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

I'm by no means a huge fan of Scobbie but I think when you stack things up, the best outcome is keeping him. Versatile, good part of the dressing room and fairly dependable.

Very good news about Easton, who is having a good season after letting standards slip slightly last year.

Craig and Millar will have automatic extensions after the next couple of games. Swanson is the main one now.

Has Craig not already triggered his?

Sure someone's mentioned that Millar triggers his clause by playing one more game, imagine that'll be tomorrow

8 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Has Craig not already triggered his?

Sure someone's mentioned that Millar triggers his clause by playing one more game, imagine that'll be tomorrow

I think you could be right, they're both going to be here next season anyway. I'm not averse to keeping Scobbie, just for emergencies obviously, but the young lads need a chance and for that reason I won't lose any sleep if he goes.

Goalkeepers

Alan Mannus (2017)

Zander Clark (2018)

Mark Hurst (2018)

Defenders

Keith Watson (2018)

Richard Foster (2019)

Joe Shaughnessy (2019)

Steven Anderson (2018)

Tam Scobbie (2017)

Brian Easton (2019)

Ally Gilchrist (2018)

Liam Gordon (2017)

Midfielders

David Wotherspoon (2019)

Craig Thomson (2018)

Michael Coulson (2018)

Blair Alston (2018)

Paul Paton (2018)

Murray Davidson (2018)

Chris Millar (2017)

Liam Craig (2017)

Danny Swanson (2017)

Strikers

Steven Maclean (2018)

Graham Cummins (2018)

Chris Kane (2018)

Greg Hurst (2018)

Suppose it's that time of year again to start looking at next season. Only 5 guys remain out of contract. At least 3 (Mannus, Craig and Millar) have appearances related clauses, and the latter two have either triggered or are about to trigger them. Scobbie could well have one too, although I can't imagine he's anywhere near the appearances required to trigger it. Liam Gordon and a few other youngsters who are out of contract will take care of themselves I'm sure. 

Still not sure about Swanson - a niggling feeling tells me he won't be with us next year. Scobbie and Mannus could both go either way as well - as long as both accept their status as back up players, then I can see Tommy being keen on keeping them both. 

We could be going into the summer looking for just one player - a striker. If the rest of the squad ends up staying together, then I don't see where else the manager would get any extra money from. I'd imagine we'll seek like for like replacements for any of the players that do leave though.  

Tommy you'd imagine was always likely to move on to a new club before a time ever came that he was pushed. I'd be disappointed if it was any club in Scotland. Although I could understand Celtic I'd find it difficult to accept if he ended up at Rangers, Aberdeen or Hearts.

Tommy Wright is essentially whoring himself out to Rangers with those comments. Embarrassing.

He made similar comments when United were interested in him.

I'm loathe to condemn him until the full interview is heard, as the media in this country are always desperate to put a Rangers spin on things. We play them next week, which I'm sure is just coincidental timing along with this interview.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

He made similar comments when United were interested in him.

I'm loathe to condemn him until the full interview is heard, as the media in this country are always desperate to put a Rangers spin on things. We play them next week, which I'm sure is just coincidental timing along with this interview.

Misquoted or not, to explicitly state he's interested in it rather than just the polite usual manager talk is downright disrespectful to your club.

For example, if Hartley was linked to Celtic, of course I'd expect him to be interested. Doesn't mean he'd give the media ammo to paint him in that sort of light though. Surely Wright has had some form of media training if that is indeed the case as you say?