Group F

The_Craig

If we'd taken half our chances we'd have been 3-0 up at half time.

Our fitness dropped off alarmingly though and losing an early goal in the 2nd half deflated us a bit.

Based on today Rangers goalkeepers are going to have sore backs this season as their defence is utter shite and even though Rangers probably had 65% of the possession today they didn't exactly tear us apart - they needed two sweet strikes to score and over the piece we've created more real chances with a lot less play.

Honestly don't think Rangers look any better than an average Premiership side but we'll see what the new signings are like.

• Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think, Rab, Barton will fix a few of our defensive frailties.  Halliday had a decent game but he's no the bloke to shore up the defence.

Yep, will definitely make a difference, but hope we've got plans in place to sign at least one more established decent defender before Aug 6th.
It's not just set pieces that worry me, it's how easily teams get round the back of us. Better sides than Motherwell will make the most of that.

19 minutes ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

If we'd taken half our chances we'd have been 3-0 up at half time.

Our fitness dropped off alarmingly though and losing an early goal in the 2nd half deflated us a bit.

Based on today Rangers goalkeepers are going to have sore backs this season as their defence is utter shite

I half agree with you but we offer nothing between halfway and the 18 yard box when we're going backwards.  We've kent this for a year.  We also can't defend headers in to the box.  See the most recent Scottish cup final and, in fact, the semi final for evidence of this.

Hill, Crooks and Barton will fix this.  Plus we'll have Rossiter going forward.  We're going to have a hell of a team whem all cylinders are firing.

Enjoyed that today.

The positives and the negatives from last season were still there, but you can see things starting to get together.  Particularly so in the second-half.

Windass looks a player.  Similarly so Kranjcar, and it'll be intriguing to see how his role in the midfield develops.  Plus, O' Halloran has shown signs he's maybe beginning to fit into the team a bit more and could be an important player.  

Big Tav's goal was delightful, btw.

It was also good fun pointing and laughing at those North Lanarkshire neds in the corner of that stand :lol:.  Cringe-worthy and quite funny in equal measure, a good bunch imo.

It was also good fun pointing and laughing at those North Lanarkshire neds in the corner of that stand :lol:.  Cringe-worthy and quite funny in equal measure, a good bunch imo.

The guy that threw the ball away from Lee Wallace (when he went to collect it for a throw-in) just about sums that mob up!!

Pretty desperate when that's the only thing you've had to cheer over 90 mins eh!?

Fair play to Rangers took their chances brilliantly while we were woeful.

Still think it had the potential to finish 4-4 but a decent wee cup tie and I can't complain about Rangers taking it.

Gins all round.

ETA: expect red rab as he's a c**t

2 minutes ago, MikeyWellFan said:

Still think it had the potential to finish 4-4 but a decent wee cup tie and I can't complain about Rangers taking it.

Gins all round.

Good post Mikey.  Were you at Fir Park today?  How are your Rangers-supporting buddies this evening?

BTW I like the, " ETA: expect red rab as he's a c**t" bit.  This is the spelling we expect from folk who went to Braidhurst.  You didn't disappoint ;)

Gins all round.

A happy c*nt tonight though Mikey!! [emoji6]

Good post Mikey.  Were you at Fir Park today?  How are your Rangers-supporting buddies this evening?

BTW I like the, " ETA: expect red rab as he's a c**t" bit.  This is the spelling we expect from folk who went to Braidhurst.  You didn't disappoint [emoji6]

Family birthday barbecue with many a currant ;)

My night from hell :lol:

****except

19 minutes ago, RedRob72 said:

The guy that threw the ball away from Lee Wallace (when he went to collect it for a throw-in)

A particular highlight, imo

15 minutes ago, MikeyWellFan said:

Away and shag yer maw ya wee dick

^^^ North Lanarkshire ned found :P

20 minutes ago, MikeyWellFan said:

Fair play to Rangers took their chances brilliantly

Gins all round.

coupledfox  tv fun fox beach

1 hour ago, Dominique Malonga said:

Barton will make a big difference to this Rangers side imo.

Agreed. Rangers were much better defensively last season when Dom Ball played the holding role and I expect that will be Barton's job this season. There won't be anything he can do about our centre backs failing to defend simple balls into the box though!....

On 15/07/2016 at 00:36, thepundit said:

Probably 2-0 Rangers. 

^^Called it by the way^^ :)

2 hours ago, RedRob72 said:

Decent game all round for first up this season, our defensive frailties are still there for all to see, but thankfully Well couldn't take advantage and we saw the game out fairly comfortably. Lots of positives going forward, we're so much better to watch under Warburton. Let's just hope he's got a couple of ideas on how to strengthen us at the back before the season starts. We'll create chances and goals no problem. Any news update on why the home fans had decided to boycott today's game, I thought that was supposed to be our prerogative!? emoji3.png

Quite simply we have a shite and poor support in terms of numbers.

I was with a Well fan who travelled from Aberdeen with another pal, both of us who travelled thru from Edinburgh.  Yet many from probably less than a few miles away sit on their fat arses. You cannot afford it - fine. The rest glory hunters

Archived