Group F

The_Craig

^^Called it by the way^^ [emoji4]

I was absolutely delighted that Ball couldn't play in the Final. He was one of your most important players last season, in my eyes anyway.

Barton will give you dig in midfield but it's you're defence that really needs sorted. Tavernier,Kiernan and Wilson are pretty shocking defenders. That's 3 out of you're back 4 that are suspect and while Wallace is very good, the way you play leaves a lot of space on behind. A better team would have really punished Rangers tonight. Motherwell could have scored three or four and I don't think they were upto much today.

• Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Dominique Malonga said:

I was absolutely delighted that Ball couldn't play in the Final. He was one of your most important players last season, in my eyes anyway.

Barton will give you dig in midfield but it's you're defence that really needs sorted. Tavernier,Kiernan and Wilson are pretty shocking defenders. That's 3 out of you're back 4 that are suspect and while Wallace is very good, the way you play leaves a lot of space on behind. A better team would have really punished Rangers tonight. Motherwell could have scored three or four and I don't think they were upto much today.

No need to insult us Dominique. After all you are in what your 3rd year in the championship ? We might be shite but a LONG time since we plumbed those depths.

Quite simply we have a shite and poor support in terms of numbers.

I was with a Well fan who travelled from Aberdeen with another pal, both of us who travelled thru from Edinburgh.  Yet many from probably less than a few miles away sit on their fat arses. You cannot afford it - fine. The rest glory hunters

Don't bite to that shite mate.

One of us is worth a thousand of them.

No need to insult us Dominique. After all you are in what your 3rd year in the championship ? We might be shite but a LONG time since we plumbed those depths.

Settle down, well daft. Wasn't trying to have a dig at Motherwell. First half you played well and really could have been out of sight, and with a little bit of composure you would have. Second half well' stood off Rangers and let them play and Rangers could have had 5 or 6.

As for Hibs being in the second tier, fair enough. On today's evidence you're lucky if three of your starting eleven would get in ours though.

11 minutes ago, welldaft said:

Bad shout, chap..  The input from the Hibees, after the match, has been interesting.  They are still a shower of c***s, right enough ;)

14 minutes ago, Dominique Malonga said:

Ball was missed.  Going back years our MO was always to have a wee ginger bloke (Alex MacDonald/Stuart McCall) playing 'in the hole' and kicking ankles backed up by a big 'blood and snotters' centre half.  MW has moved away from that model and, frankly, we're playing better football.  Looks good but we've very vulnerable.  You blokes found us out.

1 hour ago, RedRob72 said:

The guy that threw the ball away from Lee Wallace (when he went to collect it for a throw-in) just about sums that mob up!!

Pretty desperate when that's the only thing you've had to cheer over 90 mins eh!?

Funniest part was that they were a goal down at that point, effectively wasting his own teams time.

Ball was missed.  Going back years our MO was always to have a wee ginger bloke (Alex MacDonald/Stuart McCall) playing 'in the hole' and kicking ankles backed up by a big 'blood and snotters' centre half.  MW has moved away from that model and, frankly, we're playing better football.  Looks good but we've very vulnerable.  You blokes found us out.

I half expected to see Ball back up here tbh. Rossiter is the one to watch for me, cracking prospect.

Moving away from Mikey and his Sevco love...nominations for MotM?

My nomination is Wee Barrie.  His ability to bring a ball down and also to tackle back made him today's stand out.

A good shout, but Big Lee for me mate, despite some shaky moments along our back line, his contribution right across the park was perhaps the difference today.

I half expected to see Ball back up here tbh. Rossiter is the one to watch for me, cracking prospect.

Expectations do seem high for the lad, met a couple of Liverpool/Norn Iron fans over for the games in France, who reckoned we've got a good un too!! [emoji6]

9 minutes ago, thepundit said:

Wallace and McKay both had a good game but Waggy is my shout for Man of the Match. He continuously caused problems down the right side plus scored a goal and set up the other.

TP...it was just a moment but I loved Waghorn wrestling the ball off the Motherwell defender at a shy late in the second half.  Didn't change the game but showed he means business.

Don't bite to that shite mate.

One of us is WORTH a thousand of them.

If that's the case you must be paying a few hundred quid each for a match ticket going by your support yesterday, how do you afford it?

Motherwell supporters getting a wee bit carried away over a couple of half chances. Rangers completely dominated from start to finish. Created almost double the amount of attempts on goal. Were denied a stonewall penalty and the Motherwell Keeper should have seen Red. 2-0 flattered them with Rangers  again passing up too many clear cut chances.

Looking forward to seeing O Halloran, Windass, Kranjcar and Barton getting some game time together.

Yeaterday was a vast improvement on the Charleston Battery game. Early days yet but we are looking good for the season ahead.

Archived