Group F

The_Craig

• Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply
FFS.  A Hibee on a Rangers thread, talking football and making sense.  Wee note to Bears...let's zero the metres and take the likes of DM at face value rather than indulge in our usual 'back to the championship' pish.

Kranjčar is a gamble, for sure, but I'm an optimist.  He has a few fast players ahead of him so I think he will help us unlock defences in a way we didn't do last season.

I just call it as i see it on the park tbh.

31 minutes ago, bpdon said:

Kranjcar was a very fine player at his peak (7 or 8 years ago?) but in the context of today's game, I didn't see anything special from him for folks to get excited about. His 2 horrible banana slices at goal in the 6 yard box suggest his technique could be as rusty as his fitness - he looked to me like he could be carrying a couple of stone over his racing weight.

:lol: 

At it.

FFS.  A Hibee on a Rangers thread, talking football and making sense.  Wee note to Bears...let's zero the metres and take the likes of DM at face value rather than indulge in our usual 'back to the championship' pish.

Kranjčar is a gamble, for sure, but I'm an optimist.  He has a few fast players ahead of him so I think he will help us unlock defences in a way we didn't do last season.

Don't worry Kinky I'll have a word with Dom Malonga and make sure this doesn't happen again.

3 minutes ago, Dominique Malonga said:

I just call it as i see it on the park tbh.

I'm not disputing that, chap.  We've had, though, a few weeks of tit for tat pish so I was suggesting that posters play the ball rather than the man wrt Oor Niko.

3 minutes ago, The Grass Is Greener. said:

Don't worry Kinky I'll have a word with Dom Malonga and make sure this doesn't happen again.

2 minutes ago, Hibeesbounce75 said:

Well said.

Just now, Dominique Malonga said:

IMG_1468692609.998975.jpgIMG_1468692625.482146.jpg

Oh you M9s!  Here's me trying to be all reasonable and all!

I don't think Kranjčar had some 10/10 performance or anything but I can't remember him losing the ball.

Agree with that bitty DM. Kranjcar did alright today but I can't recall a single thing he did that you wouldn't really expect from anyone resembling a professional footballer playing for a team overwhelming their opponents.

Will be interesting to see what the magic hat can get out of him.

Easy win as predicted. Going forward Rangers were excellent but in the first 20 minutes alone 'Well could have been a few goals up. Some of the decision making from the centre backs was very poor indeed. Rangers gradually got themselves into the game and dominated from then onwards. Krancjar did okay on his debut but he really should have scored. To be fair it was his left foot, but still.

The short corners are incredibly frustrating. How many of them are converted into goalscoring chances? Of all the corners Rangers have had since they started using this tactic you could probably count on one hand the amount which result in the keeper having to make a save. It's such a waste.

Speaking of hands, in my opinion the goalkeeper should have been sent off for that handball outside the box. As for the penalty shout towards the end I don't think that should have been a penalty. The ball has deflected onto his arm so it would have been rather harsh to give that one.

15 minutes ago, The Tedi said:

Here is hoping, that Rangers supporting household of yours are making your life an utter misery this evening.

Household?  An underappreciated point is that Wee Mikey is a closet Bear.  I have a hefty wager that he and MJC are celebrating and exchanging shots in The Electric Bar as we speak.  'Tunes' may be being played.

As I said at half time, we would only have ourselves to blame if we didn't win that. So it proved.

Not sure whether the early goal in the second half knocked the stuffing out of us, or whether we just didnt turn up.

Deserved victory in the end for Rangers. Still, its difficult to predcit how they'll do this season. In short, that was their Championship team today. They'll need a quality defender in that squad because they were caught out far too often. Just a shame we didn't have the shooting boots on.

Annan away next week should be a good day out, at least.

Quite enjoyed that to be honest.

Thought we started really well, missed at least 5 great chances in the 1st half but faded badly in the 2nd after Tavernier's opener. Still had a couple off good chances in the 2nd half mind you but we were 2nd best and probably quite fortunate they didn't net a few more. Samson should have been off for that handball and the boy melting the ball over the bar when the goal was gaping was an early contender for miss of the season.

Quite liked the look of Tait and Heneghan, both seem like solid additions. Very impressed with McHugh, he looked like everything I'd hoped he'd be and might just be that replacement for Jennings I was after. Strong in the tackle, broke up attacks and used the ball well apart from a few slack passes but I'll put that down to rustiness. You could see him and McDonald fade in the 2nd half as missing the first week of pre-season caught up with them. 

Never seen any of pre-season and feared the worse but putting everything into context, I didn't see anything today that greatly alarmed me except maybe how thin our squad is. I was actually quite pleased and encouraged by parts of our performance. Still think we could do with another central midfielder and have to hope McGhee's just talking shite about having blown his budget. Joe Chalmers was alright today and done a decent enough job but I wouldn't fancy him in there long term.

Decent game all round for first up this season, our defensive frailties are still there for all to see, but thankfully Well couldn't take advantage and we saw the game out fairly comfortably. Lots of positives going forward, we're so much better to watch under Warburton. Let's just hope he's got a couple of ideas on how to strengthen us at the back before the season starts. We'll create chances and goals no problem. Any news update on why the home fans had decided to boycott today's game, I thought that was supposed to be our prerogative!? [emoji3]

Just now, Casagolda said:

Quite enjoyed that to be honest.

Just now, RedRob72 said:

Decent game all round for first up this season,

Honestly?  It was a really enjoyable cup tie and a likeable 90 mins of football.

Honestly?  It was a really enjoyable cup tie and a likeable 90 mins of football.

Aye mate for definite, played at a decent pace for first game of the season, competitive, plenty of chances and talking points, both sides committed in the challenge, some good & bad calls plus 2 cracking goals.

Heart in the mouth on occasion when the ball was in our box, but if that's what's to come this season, it's going to be one to look forward to!

10 minutes ago, RedRob72 said:

Aye mate for definite, played at a decent pace for first game of the season, competitive, plenty of chances and talking points, both sides committed in the challenge, some good & bad calls plus 2 cracking goals.

Heart in the mouth on occasion when the ball was in our box, but if that's what's to come this season, it's going to be one to look forward to!

I think, Rab, Barton will fix a few of our defensive frailties.  Halliday had a decent game but he's no the bloke to shore up the defence.

Given our mixed pre-season so far, Hibs put 4 past us last week and defensively we looked an utter shambles, the fact we were without Lasley, Moult was half-fit and we're down an assistant manager I had the utter fear going into that game today.

Disappointed not to have taken anything from it considering the number of chances we created in the first half and even in the second Moult, Heneghan and McDonald all passed up good opportunities.

Didn't think there was that much between the sides tbh, we looked happy to just let Rangers have the ball and hit on the break with Johnson & Ainsworth's pace. The two goals were decent efforts but should have been better defended. Tavernier and Waghorn hitting from the edge of the box? Who'dve thunk it?

Thought McHugh, Tait and Heneghan all looked decent enough. Was interesting that we seemed to fall a part a bit with the change in shape.

Archived