The Annan Athletic 2016/17 thread

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Let's all laugh at the soup -  Broth or Arbroath,fairground hero's - stuck in a time wart "7 nil".

No much improvement since last year - the bulk o them predicting us to be shite.Bring it on smokies. 

7 nil  - Ho Ho ho

We'Re a wee poor team but  ever been so embarassed 

Pumped 5-1 off a team of Bairns. I've never been so embarrassed.

4 hours ago, Lichtie78 said:

Pumped 5-1 off a team of Bairns. I've never been so embarrassed.

So 7 nil against Inverness Caley wasnae ? 

Most o those young boys could walk in to most o League 2 teams - especially smokies.

You had big ambitions last year and were shite.Let's see this year.

Annan - verdict out.

Organised ,not sure about our fire power tho  but let's wait to Saturday.

Reckon it's last chance saloon for Chappie if i'm honest -Results / Entertainment business - he's being paid so let's see it.

Talk is cheap.

So 7 nil against Inverness Caley wasnae ? 

Most o those young boys could walk in to most o League 2 teams - especially smokies.

You had big ambitions last year and were shite.Let's see this year.

Annan - verdict out.

Organised ,not sure about our fire power tho  but let's wait to Saturday.

Reckon it's last chance saloon for Chappie if i'm honest -Results / Entertainment business - he's being paid so let's see it.

Talk is cheap.

Mate it's just a bit of a laugh after your outburst. Karma and that.

7-0 was embarrassing but it was against a very good premiership team who'd just put 5 away away to Dunfermline. We had loads of players missing and nothing to play for, 14 in the squad. It was a horrible score line but understandable.

Getting beat 5-1 off kids is much more of a minter.

God knows what I'm expecting today, but I know it'll not be tikkatakka football.
Don't think we'll concede a lot this season, as our (if all fit) back 4 look solid enough. It's up front that I've got a concern. Think they'll be a few 0-0, 1-0 results this season.

God knows what I'm expecting today, but I know it'll not be tikkatakka football.
Don't think we'll concede a lot this season, as our (if all fit) back 4 look solid enough. It's up front that I've got a concern. Think they'll be a few 0-0, 1-0 results this season.

Well the 3:2 win blew that out the water!

Just seen yer man Smart Osadolar left Stranraer by mutual consent to sign for East Kilbride. Weird move that but wasn't there whispers of him having a shit attitude last season?could well be something to do with that.

Apparently he had real problems Following team instructions although it has to be said he was great with the fans

Just posted on the Berwick v Annan post.

Why are Annan signing older players from France in League 2? Surely they can develop there own players or pick up players from North of England due to their location (which is still an issue for developing young Scottish players). Why have foreign players in the lowest league in Scotland which should be a grounding for young Scottish players who maybe have dropped down like Finnie and Ramsey from Rangers. Surely Andrew Robertson going to QP was the making of him?

I covered the game in Berwick yesterday and could not believe the 2 French boys playing?? Annan what are your thoughts here?? Gordon Waddell has wrote a great article today in the Sunday Mail about developing our own players - Now in the Premiership Kilmarnock, Inverness, Motherwell,Rangers, Celtic are full of English players so does that ot mean we need to develop our own players in the lower leagues. What are they thinking about???

It really annoys me that they cannot put Scottish boys in or at least young english lads from near Annan

Rant over     

Archived