Edinburgh City

Guest Landan Spiv

Matthew Shiels has signed on emergency loan from  Rangers 

Lewis McLear has signed a deal to the end of the season. 

Shiels is a Scotland under 19 international and highly rated. 

Edited by Landan Spiv
Typo

Just glad neither of Berwick or Cowden picked up 3 points today, we were always going to get battered off a good Montrose side and those 2 each had a v winnable game.

Be delighted when this season is done to be honest (as long as we’re still in SPFL2)

On 30/03/2018 at 22:52, tamthebam said:

We were amoebas....

...we often split for the fun of it! 

It would be interesting to hear from EC fans as to their views about the draft Meadowbank redevelopment plans.

Also how are you finding playing at Ainslie Park this season ? 

5 hours ago, Robert James said:

It would be interesting to hear from EC fans as to their views about the draft Meadowbank redevelopment plans.

Also how are you finding playing at Ainslie Park this season ? 

1) Edinburgh Council, with a history of spunking money on ridiculous projects, try to redevelop stadium as cheaply as possible. Well, who'd have thought it.  Still, the money saved might fill in a few potholes in the roads. Or pay for a Councillors "fact finding mission" to somewhere sunny. Although  If the Council could introduce spot fines for cnuts who cycle on the pavement in Edinburgh we'd have enough for a stadium resembling the City of Manchester Stadium. 

2) It's lovely. Everything's lovely. Spartans are lovely. :wub:

Stenhousemuir. 

Sten- from the Norwegian "stauner" meaning a stiffy

House- from the Norwegian meaning trance music

Muir- from Norwegian meaning bog. 

Thus Stenhousemuir are effectively a bunch of cocks who put you into a trance at their bog. Which is why we can't beat them. And they've signed a striker on loan from Icantbelieveitsnotrangers FC just as we've signed a defender on loan from the same outfit. Which could make the game slightly more interesting. Or not. 

Edinburgh City v Stenhousemuir: so mouth wateringly tasty it doesn't even have a thread of its own. 

Tomorrow

3 o'clock

at

5ac80298d28a2_icestationzebra.jpg.f10b724eb9ead363887524aa35dd96ba.jpg

Ice Station Ainslie. 

Squeaky bum time after yesterday's Cowden result?

Yeah a wee bit, not sure we’ll pick up another point this season, 2 wins and a draw would give Cowden a real chance of avoiding the playoffs.

Also I get married on the last day of the season and I really don’t want to be sneaking looks at my phone during the speech’s - especially my own - so if we could have it wrapped up before then I’d appreciate that.

highlights from this weeks game

Love the addition of a commentator, got to be one of the best highlights services in the lower leagues.

Pity the football we’re playing is at the opposite end of the quality spectrum. I think I was closer to Dallas than Tena was for their 4th

Love the addition of a commentator, got to be one of the best highlights services in the lower leagues.

Pity the football we’re playing is at the opposite end of the quality spectrum. I think I was closer to Dallas than Tena was for their 4th

They’re definitely very good, best ones go to East Fife and Alloa though. Superb stuff.

I'm  no really a fan of Tena, but It's harsh  singling him out  for that shambles yesterday!

The whole team were really poor, and watching the highlights John Dunn and Pat Scullion cost us both the first and third goals there.

I'm  no really a fan of Tena, but It's harsh  singling him out  for that shambles yesterday!
The whole team were really poor, and watching the highlights John Dunn and Pat Scullion cost us both the first and third goals there.

I’m a Tena sympathiser (usually), not blaming him for yesterday just hadn’t noticed at the time how far out of position he was for their 4th. Scullion and Dunn were honking yesterday, same with Morrison who admittedly is just back from injury.

Guest Landan Spiv

Just not good enough at the back. Recruitment needs to start from the back in the summer. The manager probably knows that though. I don't think Tena will stay I'd like him to but he'll probably get better offers. Missed Beattie at the back yesterday. There was no communication at all in large stages of the game it was like a team that had never played together before. Let's hope we stay up and we get a good solid squad in place that fights tooth and nail for the Jersey for every ball. I'll forget about yesterday and move on. All Montrose fans for midweek. This shouldn't be squeaky bum time but we've turned it into that.