Edinburgh City

Looking forward to this weekend’s game against Queen’s Park at Lesser Hampden. It’s the Challenge Cup, so being brutally honest I couldn’t care less if we lose. The opportunity to test ourselves against Championship opponents will hopefully stand us in good stead for the coming games in League Two.

With that being said, if this City team can emulate the spirit of their 2018/19 counterparts, and knock higher level opposition out of the Challenge Cup, I’ll be inclined to drink Glasgow dry in celebration 🤣

Hoping for an enjoyable afternoon, come on City 🖤🤍

26 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

What's the story re your ground now? It it only seating or is there standing allowed? Someone told me you gave a second area of seats and there was no standing.

if you stand your round you can stand around

A battling performance at Lesser Hampden from the lads, played some really good stuff and could have won it on another day.

The stand side linesman had an absolute mare all game, and was certainly told so by a vocal travelling support 😂

On the plus side, it looks like our tie with Spartans will be rearranged for the 12th of October 👀 

3 hours ago, ARF1928 said:

On the plus side, it looks like our tie with Spartans will be rearranged for the 12th of October 👀 

That's a Saturday! Excellent News! 👍 😃 

It's bad enough having to travel to Meadowbank at any time, and was dreading this being on Tuesday or Wednesday night! 😔 

So if its 12th October,  then that's brilliant news! 👏 

3 hours ago, Tenkay said:

That's a Saturday! Excellent News! 👍 😃 

It's bad enough having to travel to Meadowbank at any time, and was dreading this being on Tuesday or Wednesday night! 😔 

So if its 12th October,  then that's brilliant news! 👏 

yes, Spartans might be able to fill their supporters' tandem 

(Grim + 1)

Can't help thinking that City should arrange a friendly with the Scotland team. It would surely result in a much-needed confidence boosting win which would set things up for the future.

What it would do for Scotland is anybody's guess.

10 hours ago, GordonD said:

Can't help thinking that City should arrange a friendly with the Scotland team. It would surely result in a much-needed confidence boosting win which would set things up for the future.

What it would do for Scotland is anybody's guess.

🤣😂😂

47 minutes ago, ARF1928 said:

A good read from Innes Lawson in the paper

All the boys have done well so far, better than everyone expected.👏 

There would need to be a togetherness with the squad being so small! We only have the starting 11 + 2 or 3.

What's annoying me a bit is McIndoe not getting 2 or 3 loans in from prem teams so we have a stronger bench!

Last season we got Findlay Marshall from Aberdeen, Liam Parker from St Johnstone and Malik Zaid from Hibs.

Where are these types of guys this season?

Are we that skint we can't strengthen AT ALL?  😟 

9 hours ago, Tenkay said:

All the boys have done well so far, better than everyone expected.👏 

There would need to be a togetherness with the squad being so small! We only have the starting 11 + 2 or 3.

What's annoying me a bit is McIndoe not getting 2 or 3 loans in from prem teams so we have a stronger bench!

Last season we got Findlay Marshall from Aberdeen, Liam Parker from St Johnstone and Malik Zaid from Hibs.

Where are these types of guys this season?

Are we that skint we can't strengthen AT ALL?  😟 

Sort of...

The problem with loan players is that if they don't play you have to pay the parent club and you don't know if you're going to be loaned a Ryan Porteous or a Ciaran Diver. Our rivals from across the city did get a loan signing from Hibs that would have suited us quite nicely but them's the breaks. 

I also wonder if the previous board stiffing various clubs for money made them reluctant to loan City players.

Anyway we'll get that 36 goal a season striker on loan in the January window.. KTF as the Northern Soul lot say

Gutted to drop two points so late on. My theory that Edinburgh City are the worst team in the world to support with five minutes to go is proven correct once again 🤣

On a positive note, by all accounts the team played well today, and Connor Young scoring again is great to see. Reckon he’ll be up there for the golden boot in League 2 this season 👀