Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

How much debt are Rangers in?

It was reported, three months ago, that the club is in debt to parent company Rangers International, to the sum of £18m. 

Clearly though, thats something Rangers fans fine utterly acceptable and are more than willing to just deflect and bluster past. So please, please, tell me how totally unimportant such a huge figure is and how it doesnt mean your club is just blindly bulldozing down the exact same path which killed it before, while you lot all applaud and cheer signing overpaid 30+ year olds.

It was reported, three months ago, that the club is in debt to parent company Rangers International, to the sum of £18m. 

Clearly though, thats something Rangers fans fine utterly acceptable and are more than willing to just deflect and bluster past. So please, please, tell me how totally unimportant such a huge figure is and how it doesnt mean your club is just blindly bulldozing down the exact same path which killed it before, while you lot all applaud and cheer signing overpaid 30+ year olds.

So we basically owe ourselves money?

Probably but I reckon it will be very bonus orientated without going daft on guaranteed basic.

Possibly, but it's hard enough getting the likes of Barton up to Murray Park. To then offer a low basic salary topped up by bonuses seems unlikely. There might be some bonus structure but a player of Bartons quality will still be on a hefty salary.

It's been mentioned and discussed numerous times, do we have to mention it several times a day?

It's been mentioned and discussed numerous times, do we have to mention it several times a day?

I don't read the BRALT, so its the first time I've even seen it mentioned.

Possibly, but it's hard enough getting the likes of Barton up to Murray Park. To then offer a low basic salary topped up by bonuses seems unlikely. There might be some bonus structure but a player of Bartons quality will still be on a hefty salary.

Warburton has been pretty specific when asked about wage structures, I can't see them being on some of the figures mentioned on here.

I don't read the BRALT, so its the first time I've even seen it mentioned.

its been mentioned 100s of times, internal debt is 18 million, external debt - 0, the plan at some point in the next couple of years is to have a share issue and convert that debt into shares which the people who are owed that interest free debt are happy to do - so its not an issue at all

Seems low, Tedi, with the greatest respect, particularly for Joey Barton. Sure, he's up here for football reasons but he's not going to sign for (Premiership terms) peanuts.

"He's up here for football reasons"

:lol:

its been mentioned 100s of times, internal debt is 18 million, external debt - 0, the plan at some point in the next couple of years is to have a share issue and convert that debt into shares which the people who are owed that interest free debt are happy to do - so its not an issue at all

Where did the parent company get the £18m?

I take it the big wages are set against the potential sales of season tickets since otherwise it would have required another crippling loan. Interesting?. ^_^

Warchest???

Edited by CityDave

I thought the point of the projected share issue was to make working capital available.  

So, a large chunk of the share issue will be immediately swallowed up to repay the existing debt, which the loss making club seems to be continuing to build without any apparent concerns.