Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

5 hours ago, bennett said:

The SFA have to be the association equivalent of Frank Spencer, this whole episode shows Scottish football in a terrible light.  Paul's various problems are well known, it's not as if they were just suddenly made aware of his history.

Using his health problems as an excuse is shambolic even for them. It's coming across as if they set out to humiliate him from the start.

As far as I understand it, this is not the SFA Hall Of Fame. I’ve no idea how it works, but it’s not the SFA that chooses who does or doesn’t go into this particular Hall Of Fame. I believe it is the organisers who have decided to pull the plug on this imbecile not getting his unrightful place alongside the likes of Henrik Larsson and Brian Laudrup.

4 hours ago, BobWilliamson said:

I laughed out loud at this. How old are you???

The SFA employ Malky McKay Ffs 

They used a racist to model their new strip 

There is nothing more that needs to be said than that.

Anyway I’m taking back earlier post about 50/50 splits after missing out on one in the ballot!! Gutted!!!

It’s not the SFA.

3 hours ago, Tartantony said:

Why can't the people in charge of our game do anything right?

Gazza should be nowhere near the hall of fame, there are plenty of more deserving non Scottish players who have made a bigger impact on Scottish football. I have no idea how they could ever come up with this nomination.

However, once the decision is made they need to stand by it. They made the decision with the knowledge of his personal issues so to then use his mental health as the reason for the withdrawal is disgusting. Every last one of them should be sacked on the spot for this shambles.

I also think everyone should be mindful here that a person with bipolar disorder and alcohol addiction has been publicly embarrassed for no reason. Yes, he has made mistakes in his life but he seems to have been doing better over the last year. An award like this could have given him a real boost in his recovery, something to be really proud of. Instead they've offered him it and taken it away supposedly due to the things he is trying to recover from. I seriously hope this doesn't cause him to fall apart, that's the real issue here, not Rangers and Celtic fans fighting over which of their players deserves it more.

He was nominated by the public. A panel of who knows who endorsed the recommendation. It wasn’t the SFA. It’s not the SFA Hall Of Fame.

Oh aye, we should all think about poor Paul's fragile state of mind. f**k him, wife beating utter scum. "But he helped out charities and boys clubs" Who gives a f**k? I'd wager very few would be bothered if this dog dirt of a human being did everyone a favour and drunk himself to death today.

1 minute ago, HeWhoWalksBehindTheRows said:

Oh aye, we should all think about poor Paul's fragile state of mind. f**k him, wife beating utter scum. "But he helped out charities and boys clubs" Who gives a f**k? I'd wager very few would be bothered if this dog dirt of a human being did everyone a favour and drunk himself to death today.

That’s a wee bit harsh, but I know where you’re coming from.

6 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

That’s a wee bit harsh, but I know where you’re coming from.

It's not though really if you think about it. He was amazingly talented, seen him score for Middlesbrough towards end of his career, but he pished the lot up against the wall while being a vile c**t along the way. What could be have achieved if he hadn't been such a man child? I'm all for second (sometimes third and fourth) chances  but battering women, even just the once is utterly abhorrent behaviour.

It's not though really if you think about it. He was amazingly talented, seen him score for Middlesbrough towards end of his career, but he pished the lot up against the wall while being a vile c**t along the way. What could be have achieved if he hadn't been such a man child? I'm all for second (sometimes third and fourth) chances  but battering women, even just the once is utterly abhorrent behaviour.

And in contrast, you seem lovely

13 hours ago, kingjoey said:

As far as I understand it, this is not the SFA Hall Of Fame. I’ve no idea how it works, but it’s not the SFA that chooses who does or doesn’t go into this particular Hall Of Fame. I believe it is the organisers who have decided to pull the plug on this imbecile not getting his unrightful place alongside the likes of Henrik Larsson and Brian Laudrup.

Wasn't it a panel of journalists who dealt with the nominations and passed it on to the SFA to endorse?

30 minutes ago, bennett said:

Wasn't it a panel of journalists who dealt with the nominations and passed it on to the SFA to endorse?

Given that the SFA were going to boycott the event, I doubt that very much. You are right about the panel being made up of journalists. 

11 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Only reason the nomination happened is because he's a big name in British football and some Scottish people will do anything to get some recognition from their big brothers down south

Congrats.  About the diddiest thing posted about Gazza's nomination - and that takes some doing.