Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

1 hour ago, AJF said:

Of course we will be happy with the win, but it is concerning how one dimensional we seem to be at the moment. I think we will get better as the players get more games together under their belt, and there were signs in the first half of some nice football being played, but it just seems to be breaking down at the crucial moments right now.

You've been one dimensional for years. It's kind of in your identity. Strong in midfield, put a lot of pressure on teams. Yes there have been patches when the midfield has worked well, (like when Jack First arrrived) but generally there has been a lazy assumption that things will come good and teams will Crack. Mostly that works domestically but tends to come unstuck when a diddy is up for it, against celtic or in europe

24 minutes ago, Insaintee said:

You've been one dimensional for years. It's kind of in your identity. Strong in midfield, put a lot of pressure on teams. Yes there have been patches when the midfield has worked well, (like when Jack First arrrived) but generally there has been a lazy assumption that things will come good and teams will Crack. Mostly that works domestically but tends to come unstuck when a diddy is up for it, against celtic or in europe

Yep, I don't necessarily disagree. I think we are seeing a shift towards the system that we used under Gerrard. This did produce improvements year on year culminating in a title win, but that was heavily influenced by having our fullbacks provide the width where Tavernier and Barisic were in their prime, and we had Kent and Aribo in fine form providing that killer instinct.

So while I think the system can work, it is heavily reliant on various factors which I don't feel we have in our favour at the moment so a plan B or fresh approach is required.

8 hours ago, AJF said:

Yep, I don't necessarily disagree. I think we are seeing a shift towards the system that we used under Gerrard. This did produce improvements year on year culminating in a title win, but that was heavily influenced by having our fullbacks provide the width where Tavernier and Barisic were in their prime, and we had Kent and Aribo in fine form providing that killer instinct.

So while I think the system can work, it is heavily reliant on various factors which I don't feel we have in our favour at the moment so a plan B or fresh approach is required.

Also I have to say the insistence on playing full backs as wingers has generally worked to the detriment of both the wingers you do play and your defence. I can work, but is fairly easy to nullify. It's part of the reason Jota, Abada and Maeda regularly found so much joy against you.

On 13/08/2023 at 11:34, bennett said:

I was half expecting him to run the ball straight into the keeper.

I was more expecting him to smash it wide or over after beating the keeper.

I actually like Sakala, looks a right happy chap.

Sky Sports News understands there will be no Celtic fans at Ibrox for the first Old Firm clash of the season - and that lockout could extend to the game at Parkhead in December.

Rangers are believed to have offered Celtic a generous allocation of 708 tickets for the meeting at Ibrox on September 3, live on Sky Sports.

However, that proposal appears to have been turned down by Parkhead bosses due to ongoing concerns over fan safety.

Rangers are still understood to be expecting an away allocation at Celtic Park when the sides meet there on December 30, live on Sky Sports.

33 minutes ago, bennett said:

Sky Sports News understands there will be no Celtic fans at Ibrox for the first Old Firm clash of the season - and that lockout could extend to the game at Parkhead in December.

Rangers are believed to have offered Celtic a generous allocation of 708 tickets for the meeting at Ibrox on September 3, live on Sky Sports.

However, that proposal appears to have been turned down by Parkhead bosses due to ongoing concerns over fan safety.

Rangers are still understood to be expecting an away allocation at Celtic Park when the sides meet there on December 30, live on Sky Sports.

Generous allocation 😂

6 hours ago, AJF said:

I wonder under what provision the lockout could extend to Celtic Park if Rangers have already indicated that they intend to take their away allocation? 

I guess if it takes longer than that for the SPFL to make a decision. Which I could see them doing, allowing for both sides to have a ‘fair’ game and then cracking down on both to sort their shit out.

12 hours ago, AJF said:

I wonder under what provision the lockout could extend to Celtic Park if Rangers have already indicated that they intend to take their away allocation? 

Failed security promises that would allow fans and staff to be bottled inside your stadium will be my guess like in previous games

If we are forced however to give you an allocation what is reasonable if 700 is considered generous? 50? 100? 250? 

Edited by Jinky67

7 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Failed security promises that would allow fans and staff to be bottled inside your stadium will be my guess like in previous games

If we are forced however to give you an allocation what is reasonable if 700 is considered generous? 50? 100? 250? 

What does our stadium have to do with taking an allocation at Celtic Park? Celtic are refusing to to take their allocation, we aren’t.