Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

14 minutes ago, gannonball said:

f**k this is getting boring, and even worse I can see it dragging on forever. The sooner the league agree a minimum the better as it's catching on at other clubs now too.

I do agree. I really think the old allocations should come back and this is just a clusterfuck (of our own making, I might add).

33 minutes ago, AJF said:

What does our stadium have to do with taking an allocation at Celtic Park? Celtic are refusing to to take their allocation, we aren’t.

Celtic are refusing the allocation because Rangers haven’t put in the promised steps in time for this game that would keep our fans safe. You asked for the reason we would potentially not offer Rangers an allocation and I’m assuming that will be it, due to failed promises meaning our fans can’t attend safely.

I’m not interested in a tedious debate about it I’m just answering your question

1 minute ago, Jinky67 said:

Celtic are refusing the allocation because Rangers haven’t put in the promised steps in time for this game that would keep our fans safe. You asked for the reason we would potentially not offer Rangers an allocation and I’m assuming that will be it, due to failed promises meaning our fans can’t attend safely.

I’m not interested in a tedious debate about it I’m just answering your question

The long and short of it is that Rangers appear willing to take our allocation of tickets despite the obvious safety concerns faced when attending Celtic Park whereas Celtic aren’t willing to do the same at Ibrox. Each to their own.

But the rules state the home team must make an offer of tickets available to the away support. Rangers have complied with that - which led me to ask the question how Celtic would get around that rule. Celtic’s concerns around Ibrox should have no bearing on whether they can offer tickets to us for Celtic Park, IMO. Unless they cite safety concerns as well, which would be a bit of a red neck.

20 minutes ago, AJF said:

The long and short of it is that Rangers appear willing to take our allocation of tickets despite the obvious safety concerns faced when attending Celtic Park whereas Celtic aren’t willing to do the same at Ibrox. Each to their own.

But the rules state the home team must make an offer of tickets available to the away support. Rangers have complied with that - which led me to ask the question how Celtic would get around that rule. Celtic’s concerns around Ibrox should have no bearing on whether they can offer tickets to us for Celtic Park, IMO. Unless they cite safety concerns as well, which would be a bit of a red neck.

Mate this is really simple and you don’t seem to get it.

Rangers agreed to put in certain security measures to allow Celtic fans to attend this game, they haven’t done it which is why there has been a refusal. Celtic will see that as unfair and possibly deliberate as Rangers would have known we would refuse the allocation on that basis and despite knowing that still want to take their allocation despite not keeping up their end of the agreement to keep fans safe 

So concerns around Ibrox have a massive bearing as Celtic see Rangers deliberately engineering a scenario where they benefit from an Ibrox with no away fans yet get the benefit of away fans at Celtic Park

Edited by Jinky67

Jinky you’re trying to create an expectation of reciprocity in ticketing obligation where none exists. As far as the league are concerned, each game is a separate element. Ticketing agreements for Game 1 have no impact on Game 25.

Rangers have offered tickets to Celtic for the game at Ibrox, as they are obliged to. Celtic have refused them, as is their right.

Celtic should offer tickets to Rangers for the game at Parkhead, as they are obliged to. Rangers can accept them, as is their right. 

2 minutes ago, Orbix said:

Jinky you’re trying to create an expectation of reciprocity in ticketing obligation where none exists. As far as the league are concerned, each game is a separate element. Ticketing agreements for Game 1 have no impact on Game 25.

Rangers have offered tickets to Celtic for the game at Ibrox, as they are obliged to. Celtic have refused them, as is their right.

Celtic should offer tickets to Rangers for the game at Parkhead, as they are obliged to. Rangers can accept them, as is their right. 

This is exactly it. Summarises it perfectly.

What Celtic deem acceptable standards for their fans to attend Ibrox has no bearing on whether Celtic offer tickets for Celtic Park.

I’d also be interested to know what these safety measures were that we apparently promised. I’ve seen it reported that we had agreed to increase the stewarding and police presence, other than that I’m not sure what they were expecting.

13 minutes ago, Orbix said:

I’m not actually trying to create any expectation of reciprocity at all, I know what the rules regarding ticketing are, it’s not a point I’m debating at all.

The question was asked as to what reason would Celtic use to try withhold ticketing allocation for the game at Celtic Park. I’m giving the reason that if Celtic do try withhold tickets it’s for the reason I suggested. They will see it as Rangers deliberately creating a scenario that gives them a sporting advantage. It’s up to the SPFL to decide if that flies, not me

Edited by Jinky67

8 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

I’m not actually trying to create any expectation of reciprocity at all, I know what the rules regarding ticketing are, it’s not a point I’m debating at all.

The question was asked as to what reason would Celtic use to try withhold ticketing allocation for the game at Celtic Park. I’m giving the reason that if Celtic do try withhold tickets if what I suggested. They will see it as Rangers deliberately creating a scenario that gives them a sporting advantage. It’s up to the SPFL to decide if that flies, not me

The suggestion that Rangers have deliberately attempted to force Celtic to give up their tickets, considering our position is we’d like away fans to attend these matches (and indeed intend to take our allocation), is quite frankly hilarious.

Edited by AJF

Just now, AJF said:

The suggestion that Rangers have deliberately attempted to force Celtic to give up their tickets, considering our position is we’d like away fans to attend these matches (and indeed intend to take out allocation), is quite frankly hilarious.

If you really wanted our fans to attend these matches you wouldn’t have made the dumb as f**k move to slash the allocation by 7000 and putting this ludicrous merry go round into action.

And it’s beyond the pale to suggest Rangers would try to create some sort of sporting advantage? Do you know your own history mate? 🤣

But this is just me speculating, I have no idea if Celtic will do this or not but if they do I imagine this will be the point they will leverage.

And to answer your question around other measures, the suggestion is Rangers apparently agreed to put up a Euro style net to stop bottles and missiles being thrown and have told Celtic they won’t have it in place for this game despite it being agreed.

14 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

If you really wanted our fans to attend these matches you wouldn’t have made the dumb as f**k move to slash the allocation by 7000 and putting this ludicrous merry go round into action.

And it’s beyond the pale to suggest Rangers would try to create some sort of sporting advantage? Do you know your own history mate? 🤣

But this is just me speculating, I have no idea if Celtic will do this or not but if they do I imagine this will be the point they will leverage.

And to answer your question around other measures, the suggestion is Rangers apparently agreed to put up a Euro style net to stop bottles and missiles being thrown and have told Celtic they won’t have it in place for this game despite it being agreed.

I’ve already said I disagree with the decision to reduce the allocation, but that has no bearing on weather Celtic can disallow the current allocation.

And have Celtic offered to do the same at Celtic Park (the nets) considering the same risks are present? I’ve never heard that suggested until now.

40 minutes ago, AJF said:

I’ve already said I disagree with the decision to reduce the allocation, but that has no bearing on weather Celtic can disallow the current allocation.

And have Celtic offered to do the same at Celtic Park (the nets) considering the same risks are present? I’ve never heard that suggested until now.

I didn’t say it did have a bearing mate that was completely different point altogether 😂

And I disagree regarding the risks, if you are at Ibrox and at either edge of the section you have fans above you, you don’t at Celtic Park. You also have protection from the big f**k off poles 😉 ( that is a joke btw)  and I don’t know if Celtic have agreed to do the same, I assume some promises are made by both parties however Rangers have currently not fulfilled theirs

Edited by Jinky67

If being unable to guarantee the safety of opposition fans is a factor, surely the football authorities should be introducing partial or full stadium closures, not pandering to the <checks notes> small minority of trouble-makers. As usual though with the gruesome twosome, they'll do the same as they do with large-scale sectarian chanting and claim there's nothing they can do.

19 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

I didn’t say it did have a bearing mate that was completely different point altogether 😂

And I disagree regarding the risks, if you are at Ibrox and at either edge of the section you have fans above you, you don’t at Celtic Park. You also have protection from the big f**k off poles 😉 ( that is a joke btw)  and I don’t know if Celtic have agreed to do the same, I assume some promises are made by both parties however Rangers have currently not fulfilled theirs

The risks are very much the same

https://x.com/ibroxloyal55/status/1692425870026178968?s=46&t=m9ZjO5H-7g8jnIzYxZXYPQ

1 minute ago, AJF said:

All you do there mate is confirm 700 fans can’t be safe in either stadium so instead of posturing over whose fans are more cunty or the actual allocation you should be looking for a solution that allows us to attend and enjoy the games safely