Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

Celtic apparently looking to refuse us an away allocation for the next meeting between the sides. According to this, as Celtic will breach the SPFL rules, Rangers have notified the SPFL and it may lead to a vote on whether a minimum number of guaranteed away tickets should be introduced.

Just now, 1GregStewart said:

Just a tad irony there, considering the gulf between the new team and the other 10 of the top league. 

We tend to be aware that we have an advantage and beating other teams in the league isn't overcoming the odds.

Probably why our players take so much stick from our fans at times.

2 hours ago, AJF said:

Celtic apparently looking to refuse us an away allocation for the next meeting between the sides. According to this, as Celtic will breach the SPFL rules, Rangers have notified the SPFL and it may lead to a vote on whether a minimum number of guaranteed away tickets should be introduced.

No chance it’ll change.

11/1 vote needed.

Say a 5% minimum is proposed.

Celtic are not going to cough up 3,000 tickets to Aberdeen, nor are The Rangers going to agree to 2,500 going to Aberdeen, as an example. 

It’s a non-starter.

The 11/1 vote ends it. 

Thanks Stewart Milne, you absolute clown. 

Edited by Thenorthernlight

15 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

No chance it’ll change.

11/1 vote needed.

Celtic are not going to cough up 3,000 tickets to Aberdeen, nor are The Rangers going to agree to 2,500 going to Aberdeen, as an example. 

It’s a non-starter.

The 11/1 vote ends it. 

Aye, it would seem unlikely. I suppose it may depend on how desperate Rangers are for an away allocation against Celtic but yeah, I imagine our thinking will be to flag the issue of Celtic refusing our allocation to the SPFL. This may then lead to the vote being held on a minimum away allocation and if (when) the vote subsequently fails we can then request the SPFL to intervene formally to tackle Celtic’s rule breach.

Edited by AJF

4 hours ago, Thenorthernlight said:

No chance it’ll change.

11/1 vote needed.

It’s a non-starter.

The 11/1 vote ends it. 

I imagine common sense would be used.

Teams will be offered the percentage, whatever it may be. They can then say “yes we will take all of those tickets” or “no, we probably won’t be able to sell all of those, we will take X instead.”

Clubs would be paying for whatever thousands of tickets upfront, so can’t see them all taking the full amount offered in case they’re out of pocket.

Edited by stressball

6 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

In the face of all the other teams trying to bring them down by being significantly worse than them, they soldier on to yet another title. Remarkable. 

The higher we build their barriers, the stronger they become.

10 hours ago, bennett said:

A 3 nil win should be awarded to the away team if celtic refuse to offer tickets.

Fair and reasonable. 

Probably about your best chance of a result

10 hours ago, AJF said:

A 7 point deduction seems more appropriate.

You might want to treble that to be safe and even then it might be a bit squeaky bum 

2 hours ago, RuMoore said:

I know I've done the meme on him a few times but is Jinky actually Charlie Nicholson, he's like a dysfunctional AI system trying to have banter but doesn't quite understand what it actually is. 

I was being serious.

3 hours ago, RuMoore said:

I know I've done the meme on him a few times but is Jinky actually Charlie Nicholson, he's like a dysfunctional AI system trying to have banter but doesn't quite understand what it actually is. 

You’re hardly Kevin Hart yourself, mate.