Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

5 hours ago, Squonk said:

Talking of so-called journalists performing a massive u-turn, have you heard the one about ace hack James Traynor and the club that was certified dead before its corpse was propped up on a mortuary slab and 'brought back to life' via smoke, mirrors and a not very secretive secret five way agreement?

No, tell me more.

6 hours ago, Squonk said:

Talking of so-called journalists performing a massive u-turn, have you heard the one about ace hack James Traynor and the club that was certified dead before its corpse was propped up on a mortuary slab and 'brought back to life' via smoke, mirrors and a not very secretive secret five way agreement?

What was the terms of the 5 way agreement? 

11 hours ago, Sortmeout said:

What was the terms of the 5 way agreement? 

In a nutshell, that Charles Green's newco would be treated as if it was the old deceased cheating club, including the transfer of SFA membership, so long as he accepted certain conditions, such as the payment of the old club's football debts. The final version of the five way agreement was much less onerous than the first draft, which had included the stripping of five EBT-tainted titles, a title stripping condition that Green later made reference to, thereby confirming its existence.

The agreement was mostly couched in legalise jargon in a futile attempt to convey authority, with the wording attempting to suggest that the football club had merely experienced a routine change of ownership, rather than succumbing to a fatal insolvency.

Green would later tie himself in knots when trying to slither out of being held responsible for the sins of the old club, while simultaneously claiming to be the owner of that old club. To be fair, old 'big hands' won far more concessions from the football authorities than he might reasonably have expected, armed with the threat that he could spell the end of Rangers in any form if he didn't get his way.

I haven't seen any drafts of the five way agreement on the internet for years now, which ties in with the cleansing of any material referencing the demise of Rangers in the ongoing quest to rewrite history.

Edited by Squonk

52 minutes ago, Squonk said:

In a nutshell, that Charles Green's newco would be treated as if it was the old deceased cheating club, including the transfer of SFA membership, so long as he accepted certain conditions, such as the payment of the old club's football debts. The final version of the five way agreement was much less onerous than the first draft, which had included the stripping of five EBT-tainted titles, a title stripping condition that Green later made reference to, thereby confirming its existence.

The agreement was mostly couched in legalise jargon in a futile attempt to convey authority, with the wording attempting to suggest that the football club had merely experienced a routine change of ownership, rather than succumbing to a fatal insolvency.

Green would later tie himself in knots when trying to slither out of being held responsible for the sins of the old club, while simultaneously claiming to be the owner of that old club. To be fair, old 'big hands' won far more concessions from the football authorities than he might reasonably have expected, armed with the threat that he could spell the end of Rangers in any form if he didn't get his way.

I haven't seen any drafts of the five way agreement on the internet for years now, which ties in with the cleansing of any material referencing the demise of Rangers in the ongoing quest to rewrite history.

That's certainly convinced me, well done Squonk. 

4 hours ago, Squonk said:

Luckily all football fans in Scotland (including Rangers fans) know the truth.

9 hours ago, bennett said:

I can see the usual Rangers fans Twitter and YouTube accounts going crazy with rumours of everyone's favourite Colombian striker returning now.

Whilst I'd be quite happy to see everyone's favourite portly shithouse return, I believe he is also injured at the moment. 

Edited by KnightswoodBear

Biggest day of the season so far for Clement and Rangers. Basically have to win against probably a tricky enough opponent. I'm probably not going to watch this, but I'll keep an eye out for the score. I'd like to see Aberdeen win for the drama of it all if I'm being honest.

I could see Rangers cruising it or it being sticky, can't see Aberdeen cruising it.

10 hours ago, Sortmeout said:

Rangers celebrations over winning the League Cup (the league cup) have been a good example of the diddy club they are. Surprised they weren’t on the pitch.

We (Rangers fans) often get told on here that our victories must be hollow and can't possibly compare to victories of other teams due to the advantages we hold over them but are simultaneously told that we are celebrating too much.

2 hours ago, AJF said:

We (Rangers fans) often get told on here that our victories must be hollow and can't possibly compare to victories of other teams due to the advantages we hold over them but are simultaneously told that we are celebrating too much.

You're absolutely right here.  No issues from my end with players/fans/whoever celebrating a trophy win.  I think I'm right in saying that's Rangers' 3rd major trophy in the last decade or so?  It's about time you reached St. Johnstone's tally.

10 minutes ago, Desp said:

You're absolutely right here.  No issues from my end with players/fans/whoever celebrating a trophy win.  I think I'm right in saying that's Rangers' 3rd major trophy ever?  It's about time you reached St. Johnstone's tally.

Fixed