Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2024/25

6 hours ago, KnightswoodBear said:

Lads. Just been on the tour at Ibrox. I think it's worse than we're being told...

PXL_20240724_141144476.MP.jpg

Well some Rangers fans do like to live in the past and have been known to sing songs about it. 

14 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

It almost as if by announcing to the media that the whole squad is for sale except for Butland has had a negative impact on squad morale.

I can’t think why ??

I’m not sure I follow. What does the squad morale have to do with selling players before buying others?

7 hours ago, AJF said:

I’m not sure I follow. What does the squad morale have to do with selling players before buying others?

I mean, I don’t think he’s creating a happy environment which is probably not helped by the fact he always looks so down in the dumps himself.

The games in the league and the CL qualifiers will tell you how well his big rebuild has went Tbf not friendlies.

22 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I mean, I don’t think he’s creating a happy environment which is probably not helped by the fact he always looks so down in the dumps himself.

The games in the league and the CL qualifiers will tell you how well his big rebuild has went Tbf not friendlies.

I think that state of the squad tells us that it’s not going well. We’ve had Clement commenting that we need to move players on before bringing new faces in and that the situation is different to what was first described to him.

I think he is working with his hands tied behind his back. He’s not been able to spend money like Beale did so is stuck with the squad he’s got as it stands. 

18 minutes ago, AJF said:

I think that state of the squad tells us that it’s not going well. We’ve had Clement commenting that we need to move players on before bringing new faces in and that the situation is different to what was first described to him.

I think he is working with his hands tied behind his back. He’s not been able to spend money like Beale did so is stuck with the squad he’s got as it stands. 

Easy to blame Beale but the fans were desperate to get him in and your board appointed him Manager and DoF when he had zero experience of either.

You had a guy who was respected and liked across the whole football world in Van Bronckhurst who was reputedly trying to get you guys like Simons, Veerman and Tillman in the door all 3 of who’s value has now went off the scale. As soon as Beale appeared in one of your pubs and at Ibrox basically stabbing Van Bronckhurst in the back your fans could not wait to get him out the door and Beale in.

You reap what you sow.

5 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Easy to blame Beale but the fans were desperate to get him in and your board appointed him Manager and DoF when he had zero experience of either.

You had a guy who was respected and liked across the whole football world in Van Bronckhurst who was reputedly trying to get you guys like Simons, Veerman and Tillman in the door all 3 of who’s value has now went off the scale. As soon as Beale appeared in one of your pubs and at Ibrox basically stabbing Van Bronckhurst in the back your fans could not wait to get him out the door and Beale in.

You reap what you sow.

I never said I blamed Beale, though. I’m saying that Clement hasn’t had the financial backing that he did. The level of spend in the transfer window last summer has meant there is no scope for Clement to rebuild a relatively poor squad without first getting people out the door.

1 hour ago, AJF said:

Everyone saw this coming, except Rangers fans. Rangers financials have made grim reading pretty much every season since you came back up, I don’t know what the gross loss is but it’s significant enough that the silly spending on shite players, mental loan fees and high salaries just isn’t viable as you don’t sell enough players when their transfer value is highest.

I know there has been suggestion of the Ibrox situation pushing you closer to administration and who knows if that is really true however what has happened is those in charge at Rangers just dont learn the lessons of the past and every manager that comes in is sold a pipe dream which you all lap up too.

Cantwell is a clown however, pleases me he potentially leaves as a failure, he promises much and rarely delivers. Seems to be the Rangers way atm

Edited by Jinky67

11 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Everyone saw this coming, except Rangers fans. Rangers financials have made grim reading pretty much every season since you came back up, I don’t know what the gross loss is but it’s significant enough that the silly spending on shite players, mental loan fees and high salaries just isn’t viable as you don’t sell enough players when their transfer value is highest.

I know there has been suggestion of the Ibrox situation pushing you closer to administration and who knows if that is really true however what has happened is those in charge at Rangers just dont learn the lessons of the past and every manager that comes in is sold a pipe dream which you all lap up too.

Cantwell is a clown however, pleases me he potentially leaves as a failure, he promises much and rarely delivers. Seems to be the Rangers way atm

Well, I think amongst what you've said you've identified the main issue, which is recruitment. We've went through various Directors of Football, Head of Recruitment and Managers but we still haven't been able to get it right. I don't think it's a case of Rangers fans not seeing it coming, it's more a case of being hopeful that the changes the club has made will be for the better and get it right.

I think most are sensible enough to realise how last season's spend has impacted us so, no, it's not a great surprise to find ourselves in this position now.

1 hour ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

You reap what you sow.

Showed up in a bigot bar and got the job. Played a blinder.

50 minutes ago, Claudia Gentile said:

IfI  remember correctly Celtic had a shit-show of a season when they played at Hampden. Finished 4th? Can anyone see Rangers ceding 2nd place to Hearts?

Not with Naismith in charge.

10 hours ago, AJF said:

Nah, respectfully disagree. Being dislikable to the rest of Scottish football has no bearing on it, he is a good player and we will be a lot weaker without him.

Even though Clement clearly had some issues with him, it sounds as though he tried to convince him to stay.

Fair enough, you'll be a better judge of that than me. From the outside looking in though, he obviously has talent but seems massively wasteful of it and only performs to his potential sporadically, and even then rarely in the biggest games. The baggage that goes with him doesn't seem worth it to me, personally. 

In any case, I see baldy Phil has now banished him to train with the reserves until he gets a move, I would think he'll be off back down to the Championship imminently. 

3 hours ago, AJF said:

Well, I think amongst what you've said you've identified the main issue, which is recruitment. We've went through various Directors of Football, Head of Recruitment and Managers but we still haven't been able to get it right. I don't think it's a case of Rangers fans not seeing it coming, it's more a case of being hopeful that the changes the club has made will be for the better and get it right.

I think most are sensible enough to realise how last season's spend has impacted us so, no, it's not a great surprise to find ourselves in this position now.

The full transfer model just doesn’t make sense by in large. There are a few exceptions ofc, Jack Butland being one and Tom Lawrence when first announced seemed like a good signing.

But you also hold onto players far too long, Morelos and Kent leaving for free is criminal, Tav should have been sold after the Europa League run when his stock was at his highest. The wages you are paying too are eye watering 

It never feels great selling your best players however it’s how we have to operate

Edited by Jinky67