Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

Just now, wastecoatwilly said:

Maybe the local council will step in like they did with Christie.

If either of the two players are judged to have been close contacts with a positive case, then yes. If they are not, then nope, they won't be designated close contacts of a positive case. It seems that the two players have already been told to self isolate for 14 days by their employer, though. 

13 minutes ago, AndyDD said:

If either of the two players are judged to have been close contacts with a positive case, then yes. If they are not, then nope, they won't be designated close contacts of a positive case. It seems that the two players have already been told to self isolate for 14 days by their employer, though. 

Making the rules up as we go along even when players test negative multiple times.

Making the rules up as we go along even when players test negative multiple times.

These rules have been exceptionally consistent.

Edmundson and Jones are now undergoing the exact same self-isolation procedure that Christie went through.

Mince,Christie was on national duty.

I don't understand what inconsistency you've identified. Christie was identified as a close contact of a confirmed positive case. Jones and Edmundson have breached protocol and may have exposed themselves to a positive case. Both are required to self-isolate for 14 days, as symptoms can develop within that timeframe.

6 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

The rules have remained the same. Contacts of positive testing people must self isolate for 14 days. There is no confusion on this. 

As for Christie being on international duty; so? That makes it more unfortunate, and no real blame should be attached to him (unlike these two pellets who have brought this upon themselves) but it makes no difference to the period of self isolation. 

1 minute ago, G51 said:

I don't understand what inconsistency you've identified. Christie was identified as a close contact of a confirmed positive case. Jones and Edmundson have breached protocol and may have exposed themselves to a positive case. Both are required to self-isolate for 14 days, as symptoms can develop within that timeframe.

Christie didn't step out of the mythical bubble,the first player to be stopped playing football by a local council even thou he tested negative. 

5 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Christie didn't step out of the mythical bubble,the first player to be stopped playing football by a local council even thou he tested negative. 

If you're in contact with someone who tests positive then you have to isolate, Christie had to follow the rules like everyone else.

5 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Go back and actually read what G51 said. Christie was a close contact of Stuart Armstrong - who tested positive for Covid. As such, per the guidelines, Christie had to self isolate for 14 days regardless if he subsequently tested negative.

This would be the same rules that you and I would have to follow if we were identified as a close contact of someone that tested positive. There is no conspiracy here, despite what you are claiming. The 'bubble' has no relevance if you've been in close contact with someone who has tested positive.

Sheer selfish stupidity. Deserve to be fined heavily. Don’t see either playing much any time soon anyway tbh so if they get shot of them fair enough. 

In other news:  
[mention=46330]Romeo[/mention] found?

Oh dear. Unfortunately not me but I'm sure your search will continue. Good luck.

4 minutes ago, AJF said:

Go back and actually read what G51 said. Christie was a close contact of Stuart Armstrong - who tested positive for Covid. As such, per the guidelines, Christie had to self isolate for 14 days regardless if he subsequently tested negative.

This would be the same rules that you and I would have to follow if we were identified as a close contact of someone that tested positive. There is no conspiracy here, despite what you are claiming. The 'bubble' has no relevance if you've been in close contact with someone who has tested positive.

Tierney played against man city different rules for the same thing.

1 minute ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Tierney played against man city different rules for the same thing.

You do realise that the rules for Covid are different in Scotland and England. You do realise that Christie has to follow the Scottish rules and Tierney is under English jurisdiction. You do know that, surely?

Just now, kingjoey said:

You do realise that the rules for Covid are different in Scotland and England. You do realise that Christie has to follow the Scottish rules and Tierney is under English jurisdiction. You do know that, surely?

Also, I thought the reason Tierney's isolation was lifted was because Arsenal proved that he had contracted COVID earlier in the season?

4 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Football was told to get it's house in order making it up as we go along isn't getting our house in order,are you seriously suggesting the players be treated the same?

11 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Football was told to get it's house in order making it up as we go along isn't getting our house in order,are you seriously suggesting the players be treated the same?

It’s you that’s saying the players should have been treated the same, not me! I said that the two players were operating under different medical rules.

4 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

It’s you that’s saying the players should have been treated the same, not me! I said that the two players were operating under different medical rules.

Exactly! The rules and protocols come from UEFA and the government allow elite football to be played within their pretend bubble why is it different?
Whether it's in England or Scotland or any country the protocols in place should be the same,the levels of covid are different all across Europe but the football protocols shouldn't be.
Why was Tierney allowed to play and Christie wasn't? The guidelines and medical rules are the same whether you live in England or Scotland.  

1 minute ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Exactly! The rules and protocols come from UEFA and the government allow elite football to be played within their pretend bubble why is it different?
Whether it's in England or Scotland or any country the protocols in place should be the same,the levels of covid are different all across Europe but the football protocols shouldn't be.
Why was Tierney allowed to play and Christie wasn't? The guidelines and medical rules are the same whether you live in England or Scotland.  

The rules are not the same between England and Scotland.

If England wants to shorten it's isolation period to 10 days, 7 days or none at all, that's up to them. It has no bearing on Scotland.